Hey you pigs at the front of the que, clean up after yourselves

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

If you weren't a litterer its obvious that message isn't for you. Step away from the ego and don't take a generalization as a personal message to written specifically and directly to you.

It is not obvious the message wasn't written towards me, you may think it is obvious, but I don't.  I was at the front of the que.  Who did you write this message to?  The front of the que, correct?  At least that is what the title reads.

It has nothing to do with my ego.  I just don't like the careless use of public forums where demeaning insults and assumptions are made with overarching generalizations.  Reread my post, and I believe I made that clear.

• Subscriber

so you're saying superfans were suprised that gates opened around 430pm-500pm? interesting....

I said...."jumped up too quick". Means everyone panics...human nature.This happened many times...at 1pm or earlier. Result is...everyone stands all day in a packed crowd.And trying to get people back and sit down is senseless. It never worked...human nature.Sometimes (like in Dublin) security thinks it's funny to pack people in small "cages" with barriers at noon (!!!!!) when there's still 5 hours til gates open. Everyone panics for their spots....human nature.Then you ask (in general) people to have a clean up party?I always clean up my space...especially if I'm in a foreign country and consider myself as a guest...who needs to show respect and behaviour. But like the Dublin example....did I try to remove my trash that was all of a sudden about 25ft behind me because everyone rushed up front and squeezed me into a space with limited moving options?Hell NO!....and don't tell me you would...LMAO!As for times things happen you moan about....yes mankind is made of pigs...human nature.Your post won't change anything as the UN won't bring us world peace....human nature.

• Subscriber

For future reference, when you see a generalized statement, it might be best if don't think about it as being authored solely for you, if you weren't a pig at the front of the line, that message wasn't directed at you.

I hear you N. Bowman. I am being judgemental, picking up my junk probably wouldn't have been at the front of my mind as door opening neared. Your point that "its not necessarily as easy to keep it clean as you might think" is certainly fair.  I (and people with me and around me) were shocked at the amount of trash. Considering all the conversations here about getting in que,organizing ques, how ques work, etc.. etc... I would have thought that trash management would be something that was as carefully considered along with all the other details covered in some of the threads (especially for a group of fans of a band that really pomotes social responsibility). I was apparently wrong and wanted to get the attention of other fans that may que in the future to think about it a little more.

• Subscriber

i took this title with a bit of humor, didnt see the angre coming??eek.gif woweek.gif

for me, i'm a bit too neat. i was at this festival with my brother, no bin to be found, he said: just throw in on ground, don you see those people with bags, they will pick it up in a few seconds anyway. thats how it goes.
so i walked over to them and threw it in the bag. i can not throw something on floor!!
as for the plastic material, i usualy dont buy drinks at concert. but i've never done a queue either, i guess you get hungry and thirsty from that. here in belgium you can collect plastic material and recycle it.
  • Subscriber

you can tell it's the end of the tour when there are threads about trash at a U2 show laugh.gif

As pointed out, that's why there are cleaners at the venues......they're the only one interested in trash management tongue.gif
  • Subscriber

For future reference, when you see a generalized statement, it might be best if don't think about it as being authored solely for you, if you weren't a pig at the front of the line, that message wasn't directed at you.

I hear you N. Bowman. I am being judgemental, picking up my junk probably wouldn't have been at the front of my mind as door opening neared. Your point that "its not necessarily as easy to keep it clean as you might think" is certainly fair.  I (and people with me and around me) were shocked at the amount of trash. Considering all the conversations here about getting in que,organizing ques, how ques work, etc.. etc... I would have thought that trash management would be something that was as carefully considered along with all the other details covered in some of the threads (especially for a group of fans of a band that really pomotes social responsibility). I was apparently wrong and wanted to get the attention of other fans that may que in the future to think about it a little more.

One more time, I was at the front of the line. My first post asked you what you considered the front of the line and you need to be careful when you throw out demeaning generalizations.  MY WHOLE POINT of the ongoing replies has nothing to do with your incorrect assumption that I must feel it was geared towards me specifically and me only.  I really don't care what you think about people in the front of the line.  THE POINT IS people should consider what they write down before it goes on a board.  Do you not get that?
  • Subscriber

Uggg, poor reading comprehension strikes again. 'Pigs at the front of the line' is a compound descriptor, not a generalization. A generalization would have been "everyone at the front of the line was a pig". If both parts of a compound descriptor dont apply, then it doesn't apply to you. Again you keep trying to make it all about you. This discription doesn't apply to you we get that, you've been very clear. Move on with your life.Please stop hijacking the conversation, pm me if you'd like to continue ranting or more reading tutorials.

• Subscriber

Uggg, poor reading comprehension strikes again. 'Pigs at the front of the line' is a compound descriptor, not a generalization. A generalization would have been "everyone at the front of the line was a pig". If both parts of a compound descriptor dont apply, then it doesn't apply to you. Again you keep trying to make it all about you. This discription doesn't apply to you we get that, you've been very clear. Move on with your life.Please stop hijacking the conversation, pm me if you'd like to continue ranting or more reading tutorials.

Now you do make it about me...with an insult to boot - cool. I didn't see any pigs at the front of the line, they would've been over on the St. Paul campus in the Agricultural program.

• Subscriber

Okay, so I was a bit annoyed by the tone of this as well - I was one of the "pigs" at the front of the queue in Montreal and my friends and I ( along with the other people around us) did happen to bring a trash bag with us and kept the area as clean as we could. However, in the giant cluster of craziness that ensued around them letting us in to the stadium, I can see why people dumped stuff in the line. As you see people who were hundreds of people behind you in the queue push past security and take off running, a little insanity happens and things get dropped etc. We didn't drop anything as we had gotten all of our stuff out of the line earlier, but as we were getting pushed and jostled and cut in front off, if I had still had something, I would have had to drop it... Imagine having several thousand people pushing and shoving to get ahead before you make such generalisations. There were 80,000 people in GA for goodness sake - how do you call the first few hundred "pigs" and infer that everyone behind us was completely clean and didn't drop a bottle or two? On our way out of the venue, I certainly stepped on a large amount of trash. We actually gave our empty water bottles and trash to the security guard over the rail from us to throw out for us during the show.

I think that everyone should try to not make such negative generalisations, especially at the end of such an amazing tour that I was lucky enough to be able to go to 8 shows on!