Why Does Everyone Always Think....................

• Subscriber

.....................................it's the "end of U2" just because the tour is over? I was browsing interference and atu2 and some people were all like "this was the last major tour. this next tour is the last one and then done."

Remember guys, I am still relatively a new fan. I learned most of U2's career in about 6-8 months, but I still haven't actually bought an official album as a fan. I'm still waiting for that. 

Why is everyone like putting an expiration date on U2 and what they can do next? Let's just enjoy whatever U2 gives us and enjoy the ride!!!!

that's all. 

smile.gif

• Subscriber

Ive been a fan since the WAR album in 1983 and if i had a pound every time i heard this will be the last tour U2 will ever do i would be as rich as Bono . U2 will be going on the road for a good few years yet maybe not for as long as the 360 tour but im sure there will a lot more shorter tours to come . Hopefully with a few more uk dates

• Subscriber

Could be the idea of going out with a bang, or the dilemma of "how can they top, or compete with, the highest grossing tour ever"? I really doubt 360 was the end.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next tour was more of a "bare bones" deal, like Elevation and Vertigo were, though. Then again, after ZOO TV and Popmart, who knows?

I don't think this is their last tour- just the last big stadium production for a long time- which is not a bad thing. I've always thought that there should have been a smaller arena tour to kick off NLOTH as it wasn't entirely stadium material- sort of like how Zoo TV started out before they went to the Outside Broadcast shows- the first leg of Zoo TV was in arenas and, with the low-lit stage and tv screens, etc. it was the best presentation that material ever had in a live setting.

• Subscriber

Yes I read it on Rolling Stone as well, people saying U2 will call it quits.

To me, there's definitely an arena/smaller venues tour coming up somewhere in late 2012/2013 with a couple of new songs, hopefully a new album and including deeper cuts we all have been asking for years...

After that, well it all depends on how this smaller tour goes. I've always been certain that U2 wouldn't be the Stones or the Who and tour with 70 years (for Christ's sake!) but I still see a lot of life in them

50/50 for me....

larry always said they wanted to go out ON TOP....

i don't think they will ever top 360 tour in terms of production, people played to, and highest grossing tour ever.

what better way to call it quits than off the back of their most successful tour ever....

BUT........

i can see a farewell tour next, indoors more intimate...songs to get out after years of not being played. songs like, gloria, electric co, an cat dubh, the ocean, i threw a brick, seconds, surrender, two hearts beat as one, 40. homecoming, wire, unforgettable fire, bad, bullet the blue sky, running to stand still, one tree hill, desire, angel of harlem, when loves comes to town, all i want is you, hawkmoon from the 80's alone....

more songs from pop, other songs from the 90's like babyface, numb, lemon, zooropa, stay (full band), who's gonna ride your wild horses......

back to basics tour, but more about the amazing songs they have written.

• Subscriber

Maybe I'm a bit dumb but haven't thay got a few more years left on there contract to go Wich I believe included 3 tours,360 being the first of them so I think there maybe a small in door tour then the farewell one. There was also supposed to be a few albums as well. I really hope it's not the end,I'm shure age does have a lot to do with it but we all carnt be 16teen year old try hard YouTube 1 hit wonders.