Right then! Now that it's over...

peterferris8

• Subscriber

Time for a little look at all the songs that appeared in the setlist over 2 years and 1 month! Excluding covers and snippets, that is.

Boy - 2 (I Will Follow & Out Of Control)

October - 1 (Scarlet)

War - 3 (New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday & 40)

The Unforgettable Fire - 4 (The Unforgettable Fire, Pride, MLK & Bad)

The Joshua Tree - 5 (I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You, Mothers Of The Disappeared & One Tree Hill)

Rattle & Hum - 4 (Angel Of Harlem, Desire, All I Want Is You & Love Rescue Me)

Achtung Baby - 6 (One, Ultraviolet, Mysterious Ways, Until The End Of The World, Even Better Than The Real Thing & The Fly)

Zooropa - 2 (Stay & Zooropa)

Passengers - 2 (Your Blue Room & Miss Sarajevo)

Pop - 0 mad.gif

All That You Can't Leave Behind - 5 (Beautiful Day, In A Little While, Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Walk On & Elevation)

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - 2 (City Of Blinding Lights & Vertigo)

No Line On The Horizon - 7 (Breathe, No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight & Moment Of Surrender)

Other (b-sides and new songs) - 10 (Trash, Trampoline And The Party Girl, Electrical Storm, Return Of The Stingray Guitar, North Star, Glastonbury, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, Every Breaking Wave, Mercy, Boy Falls From The Sky, Spanish Eyes)

Please point out anything I've missed!

• Subscriber

That list shows u2 no longer think that.....

1. the POP songs are no good. they could have at least played an acoustic version of staring at the sun...like they did on the elevation tour. discotheque was calling to be played live after it was appearing in the crazy remix live...just like when there was hints of zooropa before they played it live.

2. to only play 2 songs off BOMB after it cleaned up at the grammy's, what is that about?!?!?! sometimes you can't make it on your own could have made some sort of show. maybe its too much for the b'man to sing about because of subject matter, but who knows...a bit of beef in all because of you could have come into the set at some point. at least for the overplay of elevation...they could have felt the moment putting miracle drug into the set, but seeing as it was dropped on the vertigo tour, maybe they feel it isnt such a strong song, but i would welcome it into a set or two.

3. too much of the tour put its arms around all that you can't leave behind for my liking. in a little while, night after night, elevation, the acoustic version of stuck in a moment isnt as strong as the full band version on the elevation tour, i agree its a pussy song as larry put it. walk on, yeah it was good for the masks and making the voices heard and that, but once the release was official then kite prehaps guys? it is one of the best u2 songs of the 00's, and where was it?!?!?!

4. no line on the horizon songs? what happened to them? they started to drop magnificent. don't understand that. moment of surrender night after night? where the better closes came into the back end of the 360 tour...why they don't play breathe, no line on the horizon, unknown caller is beyond me. i thought the sets on the start of the tour with inclusion of the no line songs were belting...imagine the mini zootv set they played towards the end of the 360 tour, mixed with no line songs, add unforgettable fire (dropping this was unforgivable, esp for miss s) zooropa, out of control, one tree hill....ELECTRICAL STORM (pete you missed that song off the list) what happened to that?

-------------------------------------------------

BUT!!!!

there were plenty of good points.......

ACHTUNG!!!!!! the zootv part of the set was magic! just look at glastonbury! WOW!

they did play some of my favorite u2 songs, but bad i felt was underplayed....

the inclusion of the unforgettable fire and zooropa....

ok i admit, i thought the new songs they played, the spiderman thing, glastonbury, etc etc were ok. noting brilliant or amazing from u2. mercy was fantastic, again underplayed.

so there you go, there is my points on the 360 tour.....................

and more one thing, it looked feckin amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Subscriber

Good points lads.

Also missed the playing of Scarlet, so something from October made it into the tour circuit. Whether or not people enjoyed it I'm not sure but at least it was an interesting change.

• Subscriber

- If you look closely, you'll see that the three first albums of U2 only got 6 songs, 5 if you consider that 40 was only played in Moncton. Why on Earth would they not play their older rockers in the Claw? I missed songs like Electric Co, Gloria, even try Two Hearts Beat as One, that'd be great!

- The Joshua Tree had a surprisingly low number of songs played (5) if you consider that Vertigo tour had 7.

- Despite being the 20th Anniversary of AB, there was no sign of Who's Gonna Ride, for example. However, the band here did a great job with the mini Zoo TV set. (despite only the US got a chance to hear it)

- No comments about POP. It's just shameful that it's been erased from the U2 records.

- ZOOROPA was the track of the tour. I previously thought it was a toss up between TUF and UV, but it has to be Zooropa. Also a pity that US crowds didn't enjoy it...

- The thing that angered me the most: of the 5 ATYCLB tracks played, 4 were staples for most of the tour. That's even more than NLOTH songs at some points. Seriously, that angered me a lot. They already had the light headed Elevation Tour for that. This is, after all, the supporting tour for NLOTH. Again, terrible that the last legs turned into a GH tour.

- The new songs were thoroughly enjoyable for me in the European 2nd leg, it allowed for spontaneity, some setlist variations, and Mercy was just beautifully performed. But Stingray replacing Breathe: Not a cool move.

- Overall, it was a great tour in the beginning, probably the best shows came from Europe 1st leg, then it turned into a GH tour that had to go on unnecessarily long because of the postponed US leg. I'd like to see another concept of tour, and a greater variety of songs performed.

• Subscriber

- If you look closely, you'll see that the three first albums of U2 only got 6 songs, 5 if you consider that 40 was only played in Moncton. Why on Earth would they not play their older rockers in the Claw? I missed songs like Electric Co, Gloria, even try Two Hearts Beat as One, that'd be great!

- The Joshua Tree had a surprisingly low number of songs played (5) if you consider that Vertigo tour had 7.

- Despite being the 20th Anniversary of AB, there was no sign of Who's Gonna Ride, for example. However, the band here did a great job with the mini Zoo TV set. (despite only the US got a chance to hear it)

- No comments about POP. It's just shameful that it's been erased from the U2 records.

- ZOOROPA was the track of the tour. I previously thought it was a toss up between TUF and UV, but it has to be Zooropa. Also a pity that US crowds didn't enjoy it...

- The thing that angered me the most: of the 5 ATYCLB tracks played, 4 were staples for most of the tour. That's even more than NLOTH songs at some points. Seriously, that angered me a lot. They already had the light headed Elevation Tour for that. This is, after all, the supporting tour for NLOTH. Again, terrible that the last legs turned into a GH tour.

- The new songs were thoroughly enjoyable for me in the European 2nd leg, it allowed for spontaneity, some setlist variations, and Mercy was just beautifully performed. But Stingray replacing Breathe: Not a cool move.

- Overall, it was a great tour in the beginning, probably the best shows came from Europe 1st leg, then it turned into a GH tour that had to go on unnecessarily long because of the postponed US leg. I'd like to see another concept of tour, and a greater variety of songs performed.

GOD we think so alike!!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

danielsentana']- If you look closely, you'll see that the three first albums of U2 only got 6 songs, 5 if you consider that 40 was only played in Moncton. Why on Earth would they not play their older rockers in the Claw? I missed songs like Electric Co, Gloria, even try Two Hearts Beat as One, that'd be great!

GOD we think so alike!!!Hahaha yes I've also come to realize... good though, so that it doesn't look like I'm the only one complaining in this site of their choice of sets...laugh.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='danielsentana wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

danielsentana']- If you look closely, you'll see that the three first albums of U2 only got 6 songs, 5 if you consider that 40 was only played in Moncton. Why on Earth would they not play their older rockers in the Claw? I missed songs like Electric Co, Gloria, even try Two Hearts Beat as One, that'd be great!

GOD we think so alike!!!
Hahaha yes I've also come to realize... good though, so that it doesn't look like I'm the only one complaining in this site of their choice of sets...laugh.gif

MAN! when the tour was going strong and when there was a set list thread about a show they were playing, i remember being told to shut it in terms of the middle of the road songs they were playing in a row, compared to when the tour first started. the way i see it is the start of the tour up until they dropped those set highlights were really good. then they started playing stingray, which was kinda cool, but not to play breathe as the opener, was like confusing. and not only that, off the back of dropping it alltogether off the tour dvd, it showed that they didnt feel it was such a good song afterall.

i think its one of the best songs off the no line album.

unknown caller, live it was brilliant. the whole stadium was singing the words. it sounded amazing! and edge's solo at the end just was so LOUD! and then they dropped it.....

you know what i think of them dropping unforgettable fire!!!!

and when they got back this year for the achtung/zootv 20th anniversary mini sets, the sets were saved because zooropa and out of control saved the day!

• Subscriber

I do have to agree with you, dropping Magnificent was unbelievable. The absence of the NLOTH songs towards the end was strange, I listened to Sheffield yesterday and WOW......unknown caller etc.. etc...