• Subscriber

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

hnicolaidesk']I really dislike the Community banner... that goofball with the "Where the heck are we?" sign...

Get a freaking atlas... Google it... you're in Moncton New Brunswick... its beautiful ... always with the jokes about Canada.

Sheesh.

stroppy alert

There's actually a story behind that, Helen, and it's funny when you know about.  The guy with the sign went to numerous shows and he always had something random and funny on them.  He had one in Philly that said something about Muppets, I think.  He's also the guy that got to sing with Bono on Boots in Montreal.

I didn't know about Boots in Montreal - likely the Saturday night I missed... the live feed night.

I've seen him front and center in various fan cams too... lucky guy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the way, that was a joke. Don't go getting the wrong idea that I have a thing for Adam. I don't. I don't want anything taken the wrong way.   Also, Mango's, wine, cheese, not just any cheese blu

• Community Moderator

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

mich40 wrote:

hnicolaidesk']

I really dislike the Community banner... that goofball with the "Where the heck are we?" sign...

Get a freaking atlas... Google it... you're in Moncton New Brunswick... its beautiful ... always with the jokes about Canada.

Sheesh.

stroppy alert

There's actually a story behind that, Helen, and it's funny when you know about.  The guy with the sign went to numerous shows and he always had something random and funny on them.  He had one in Philly that said something about Muppets, I think.  He's also the guy that got to sing with Bono on Boots in Montreal.

I didn't know about Boots in Montreal - likely the Saturday night I missed... the live feed night.

Sorry, actually the one in Philly was, "This is MY house, Bono pays rent"  Just checked the fan cam.  He is a lucky guy and seemed very nice too.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

hnicolaidesk']

Sorry, actually the one in Philly was, "This is MY house, Bono pays rent"  Just checked the fan cam.  He is a lucky guy and seemed very nice too.

My comments weren't meant to be personal - I suspect he is lovely... he's a U2 fan...

Did I happen to mention I shy away from confrontation?

Debates about money... and such... things I cannot change... I walk away from...

Things that matter deeply to me... I'll debate to death....

Anyway... the Zootops have a valid point - the box sets are exorbitantly over-priced ... so the discussion has to happen... I'm just not the girl for the job.

• Community Moderator

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

mich40 wrote:

hnicolaidesk']

My comments weren't meant to be personal - I suspect he is lovely... he's a U2 fan...

Did I happen to mention I shy away from confrontation?

Debates about money... and such... things I cannot change... I walk away from...

Things that matter deeply to me... I'll debate to death....

Anyway... the Zootops have a valid point - the box sets are exorbitantly over-priced ... so the discussion has to happen... I'm just not the girl for the job.

It's ok.  Like I said, I think it's funny to people who know about him.  And people who don't are probably thinking, "WTF?"

• Community Moderator

anyhoo...I'm mainly going b/c I'm exhausted. My 9 year old had a sleep over last night, which meant very little sleep.

And the AB debate is giving me a headache.