• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the way, that was a joke. Don't go getting the wrong idea that I have a thing for Adam. I don't. I don't want anything taken the wrong way.   Also, Mango's, wine, cheese, not just any cheese blu

• Subscriber

Caught you Maggie!!laugh.gif Can't have you drinking alone, I'll just have the one before I go off to bed, my shout, what can I get you?

• Subscriber

thanx for invitation helen! btw i did open an irish pub in here some time ago, think it was called xanax& wine? but it never got sticked (so yes i'm a bit jealous at thattongue.gif)

btw; did some reading back, never saw the... special rocks, but i do know they sell pasta like that. they seem very popular round valentinesday over here. but i don think they are very romanticsick.gif
  • Subscriber

thanx for invitation helen! btw i did open an irish pub in here some time ago, think it was called xanax& wine? but it never got sticked (so yes i'm a bit jealous at thattongue.gif)
btw; did some reading back, never saw the... special rocks, but i do know they sell pasta like that. they seem very popular round valentinesday over here. but i don think they are very romanticsick.gif

Glad you popped by Barbara!

I've never seen the rocks the guys were talking about... can't imagine wanting one... or pasta either... seems odd.

I was pleased at being stickied... I must confess... but please don't be jealous.

I'm certainly learning there used to be/still are other pub threads here... I didn't realize... I never saw them. Just thought there might be a need for one now that the tour is done and there wouldn't be any more LIVE threads to come together in and chat. So I created this one. I hope you'll be a regular... smile.gif

Maggie and Anjana - sorry I missed you.

• Subscriber

Who's reading what these days?

I'm just finishing reading A Game of Thrones and am about to venture into Book two A Clash of Kings . Looking forward to it.

This summer I have also read The Bean Trees and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - both excellent, enjoyable reads.

What are you reading?  smile.gif

• Subscriber

I was thinking of reading A Game of Thrones. Is it any good? For now, I'm reading my usual young adult novels. That's what I prefer to read. It makes it a good thing then that I want to go into young adult librarianship. Teens are grossly underserved in libraries. Okay, so as for what I'm reading now...I just started a book called Ultraviolet. Yes, the name is what got my attention. I'm not that far into it yet, but so far it deals with a teenage girl who wakes up in a mental institution and apparently has confessed to a murder. The problem is, she doesn't remember doing any of these things. 

• Subscriber

I was thinking of reading A Game of Thrones. Is it any good? For now, I'm reading my usual young adult novels. That's what I prefer to read. It makes it a good thing then that I want to go into young adult librarianship. Teens are grossly underserved in libraries. Okay, so as for what I'm reading now...I just started a book called Ultraviolet. Yes, the name is what got my attention. I'm not that far into it yet, but so far it deals with a teenage girl who wakes up in a mental institution and apparently has confessed to a murder. The problem is, she doesn't remember doing any of these things. 
Hmmm, sounds interesting.

In terms of young adult books, I always enjoyed the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants novels, especially the Greek girl character, Lena wink.gif

A Game of Thrones is very good. Really enjoying it. Watched the HBO series this past spring/summer.

A medieval fantasy.

Also read Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth and World Without End ... middles ages stuff... very good.

I can't say if you'd like them or not, but I certainly did.

• Subscriber

Maggie and Anjana - sorry I missed you.

Hi there, I had a nice nightcap thanx, think Maggie went to the loo and didn't come backlaugh.gif either that or she fell asleep in theretired.gif

• Community Moderator

Who's reading what these days?

I'm just finishing reading A Game of Thrones and am about to venture into Book two A Clash of Kings . Looking forward to it.

This summer I have also read The Bean Trees and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - both excellent, enjoyable reads.

What are you reading?  smile.gif

I'm reading The Help right now.  I was hesitant at first, but it truly is an incredible book.