• Subscriber

Here's the thing... unless I'm mistaken... there is no thread where one can come and simply have a good chin wag with whoever is around... If I'm online and looking about, and I see that my friends are online and I want to say "Hi"... this is the place to come and do that...and with the Live threads done with for this tour.. we need somewhere to go ... where Tiz can serve us a lovely breakfast, or Max can post amusing Tweets or whatever... you see?

I was very involved in some forums years ago (a celebrity chef) ...and while there ... there was a massive debate regarding farmed vs wild salmon ... out of that debate a thread was created called The Salmon Arms ... this was our refuge from the silly debate... this became our "chat thread"... no specific topic... just chatter...

So that's the history - the reason behind creating this thread - however we need a good name for this thread.

I thought of "Prattle and Rum" ... but its not great... so I'm looking for ideas - your best ideas!

Once we find a name for our 'local' I'll edit the title of this thread to that new name...

What say ye?

We have the "Cafe Nude" at Adam's folder ... but it is full of cobwebs ... not many go there nowadays and there is a 'Pub' at Larry's "Cleary's" .... 

I like "The Blue Room" .... 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the way, that was a joke. Don't go getting the wrong idea that I have a thing for Adam. I don't. I don't want anything taken the wrong way.   Also, Mango's, wine, cheese, not just any cheese blu

• Subscriber

Hi all, just saying a quick helloooooo hello!!! Someone mentioned a place for talking and i love talking lol!

• Subscriber

Hi all, just saying a quick helloooooo hello!!! Someone mentioned a place for talking and i love talking lol!

No?!

Go on... really?

xxxx

Welcome aboard, matey.

Share your best jokes, photos, videos - whatever you like... or just come and chat.

• Subscriber

We have the "Cafe Nude" at Adam's folder ... but it is full of cobwebs ... not many go there nowadays and there is a 'Pub' at Larry's "Cleary's" .... 

Thanks Cam - we like it too. Welcome. Come in, have a seat - make yourself at home. smile.gif

• Subscriber

Helen, I think this a great idea! But sadly, I don't work for them to tell them this is a great idea. :-(

You reminded me how much I miss a certain feature of the old Vertigo Zoo. When people were online and didn't have themselves in "private mode" you could see exactly what folder/thread they were in. It was so much easier to "chat" without a chat room per se.

Michelle - you just did. Thanks.

Can't speak of the old Vertigo Zoo... I was here then, but it made me dizzy... moved so fast.

I'd make a post...

I'd come back some hours later and a hundred pages would've happened... yikes.

I'm not wading through all that...it was alienating... rather than welcoming... for me... anyway.

I'm happy to see you here... post whatever you've got... or just say Good day... its all good. smile.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

Camucha']We have the "Cafe Nude" at Adam's folder ... but it is full of cobwebs ... not many go there nowadays and there is a 'Pub' at Larry's "Cleary's" .... 

Thanks Cam - we like it too. Welcome. Come in, have a seat - make yourself at home. oklarry.jpg

• Subscriber

[quote name='Camucha wrote:

hnicolaidesk wrote:

Camucha']We have the "Cafe Nude" at Adam's folder ... but it is full of cobwebs ... not many go there nowadays and there is a 'Pub' at Larry's "Cleary's" .... 

Thanks Cam - we like it too. Welcome. Come in, have a seat - make yourself at home. oklarry.jpg

Thanks for the invite to your Cafe... smile.gif

Yeah the box set chatter is a little much for me...I understand the frustration... but it can't be changed.

But venting is healthy... so vent away... bottom line is, if they want it... they'll pay for it.

I'm working on something too... and had better stop procrastinating... back at it... thanks for coming by... anytime!

• Community Moderator

[quote name='Camucha wrote:

hnicolaidesk wrote:

Camucha']

Cam, you just come on it to Cleary's and we'll talk to you.  In fact, anyone who is a paying member is welcome in Cleary's, if you can handle all the Larry talk.wink.gif