£385..& Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary Edition............

its a bloody RIP OFF! sorry panth but this is bullshit!

how the hell can the manager do this to the fans. THEIR best album, remastered and the fans have to pay hundreads of pounds to own the remaster of achtung baby.....

and one of the dvd's is live from sydney! remastered, which they already released in a deluxe set a couple of years ago.

£105 for one of the box sets? this is just plain crazy!

and it was paul fat cat mac g who had his sights on the prices!

sorry for the rant, but this is fecking shite!

There's a solution: Buy the super Deluxe, or the one under that.

Also, we'll see it cheaper on Ebay at some point as well. THere's no reason to blow your head about it.

Also, I'm not a fan of band managers as a rule. But I am a fan of U2, and because I'm a fan of hte band and Achtung was my first real album, I will get the super deluxe. HTe Uber deluxe would be cool, and I could get it, but what do I need all that extra crap for? I don't need replica Fly shades.  I don't need propaganda or buttons.

The Uber set is for those who can buy it and just have to have it or else.  You could also start saving for it.

What I laugh about is the majority who are complaining paid more to fly all around the world to see multiple U2 gigs and complained that the sets were the same.

Are you people even for real?

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this on another thread:

Are you freaking kidding me?!!!! Now we see what Paul McG. meant about uber fans would pay up for an uber deluxe edition. I don't think so! I'm freaking stunned at the cost! This also is only for the UK on October 31st. I paid $77 for Springsteen's deluxe edition that has a 80 page book, a DVD documentary on the making of Darkness On The Edge of Town album with home rehearsals and studio sessions from 1978, a DVD pro-mastered house cut bootleg of a 1978 show, DVD of a 2009 performance of the entire album in Asbury Park; and 21 unreleased songs.

U2's has the DVD of a show we all have already (Sydney), why not a DVD of a show we DON'T have. It doesn't say how many songs of unheard material recorded during the AB sessions (makes me wonder).

The price is utterly, horrendously OVERPRICED TO THE MAX!!!! OMG, in this sucky world wide economy they really expect people to pay that? What world are they living in?!

In $ that would be $628! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

If I was their PR department, I'd do it like this:

1) Shades signed by bono, and book signed by entire band, add in a guitar pick signed by Edge

2) Your unused pre-sale codes would get a 20% discount

3) A portion of the money went to charity

Panth i didn't fly all over the place i think i spent less than they are asking on the 3 gigs i done.......the reason people are saying what they are is because they are realising that u2 are noty a band anymore they are just a cash cow.

Panth i didn't fly all over the place i think i spent less than they are asking on the 3 gigs i done.......the reason people are saying what they are is because they are realising that u2 are noty a band anymore they are just a cash cow.
I didn't say People and Basher.  I said some people.

I still have to disagree with you.

• Subscriber

Everybody should stand together and boycott it. Nobody pre order it or buy it.

Then after it's been lying in a damp warehouse for months it'll turn up on ebay for next to nothing..

Agreed. but it's not gonna happen. I can do it, you can Maggie, maybe Mac and some other members, but the truth is they'll probably get away with this one. Thousands of fans from all over the world will try to get this edition; but yes it's shameful (once more) that the band does this to fans
  • Subscriber

So at Universal's price for the Uber Deluxe, your extra £200 gets you the following extra's more than the Standard Deluxe:

• Limited edition numbered lithograph

• Album vinyl on 180gsm black vinyl in wide spine sleeve with 2 x inner bags

• 5×7†clear vinyl in original sleeves housed in a slipcase

• 16pg 12×12 oversized booklet

• Branded sunglasses

• 4 x enamel badges

• Propaganda magazine

• Sticker sheet

As the Achtung Baby Vinyl 4 LP Box set is now up at Universal for £55.00, I think I'll just pick up the Standard Deluxe when the price drops down and get the Vinyl set in the mean time.

The Vinyl always sells out fast so I'm not taking any risks waiting for it.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Panth wrote:

MacFoley']its a bloody RIP OFF! sorry panth but this is bullshit!

how the hell can the manager do this to the fans. THEIR best album, remastered and the fans have to pay hundreads of pounds to own the remaster of achtung baby.....

and one of the dvd's is live from sydney! remastered, which they already released in a deluxe set a couple of years ago.

£105 for one of the box sets? this is just plain crazy!

and it was paul fat cat mac g who had his sights on the prices!

sorry for the rant, but this is fecking shite!

There's a solution: Buy the super Deluxe, or the one under that.

Also, we'll see it cheaper on Ebay at some point as well. THere's no reason to blow your head about it.

Also, I'm not a fan of band managers as a rule. But I am a fan of U2, and because I'm a fan of hte band and Achtung was my first real album, I will get the super deluxe. HTe Uber deluxe would be cool, and I could get it, but what do I need all that extra crap for? I don't need replica Fly shades.  I don't need propaganda or buttons.

The Uber set is for those who can buy it and just have to have it or else.  You could also start saving for it.

What I laugh about is the majority who are complaining paid more to fly all around the world to see multiple U2 gigs and complained that the sets were the same.

Are you people even for real?

Yes, Panth, they are for real! happy.gif

• Subscriber

We've seen it coming. Stiff setlists, Duals fiasco, Moncton stream and now Uber Deluxe.

This must be their biggest fan crisis of their whole career. Let's hope they bring a helluva album to fix this