£385..& Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary Edition............

agt

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Yea £275 is still a lot, as is £75 but a lot better than the current amazon ones. I'm sure amazon will reduce, I already put an order in there for the super deluxe in the expectation it will come down to a better price.

• Subscriber

This is the 'cash grab' quote which troubled me...

“There will be multiple formats,†said U2 manager Paul McGuinness. “If you pile a lot of extra material and packaging and design work into a super-duper box set, there are people who will pay quite a lot for it, so you can budget it at a very high level and pump up the value.â€

From Surrenders' thread here ---> http://community.u2.com/reply/676430#reply-676430

• Subscriber

Yea £275 is still a lot, as is £75 but a lot better than the current amazon ones. I'm sure amazon will reduce, I already put an order in there for the super deluxe in the expectation it will come down to a better price.

Just notified Amazon of Universals lower prices, usually they'll revise there's within 48 hours.

• Subscriber

This is the 'cash grab' quote which troubled me...

“There will be multiple formats,†said U2 manager Paul McGuinness. “If you pile a lot of extra material and packaging and design work into a super-duper box set, there are people who will pay quite a lot for it, so you can budget it at a very high level and pump up the value.â€

From Surrenders' thread here ---> http://community.u2.com/reply/676430#reply-676430

• Subscriber

I love U2. A very, very, very, special band. I can't believe they would include the Sydney DVD. They could include a slot for the Sydney DVD, like Genesis did on their live box set for a recent Box set. Phil Collins & Genesis didn't think fans should purchase a DVD twice in a 5 year period. Their "When In Rome" DVD was not included.  Apparently Mr McGuinness was serious when he mentioned how much money people would be willing to spend on this thing. I've given thousands to U2 and Universal, and am one of millions personally responsible for giving them the "Great Life" Bono talks about. I'm not the biggest diehard ever, but have spent over $5,000 on official U2 merchandise, and another $5,000 in travel costs to shows, as they have never played a city I have lived in since becoming a fan in 1987. Is asking for a Washington DC DVD from 1992 too much? I know people have given the bootleggers thousands for this show alone. I would've been thrilled to give the band some extra money for this show. I hope somebody reads this, and prevents the Pop Deluxe set from including the Mexico DVD, as I don't need two copies of that. What next? A No Line Remaster with the Rose Bowl DVD?  Please make this up to your fans...make the Washington 1992 DVD a gift to subscribers, and consider releasing Raliegh 2009 as a DVD. The show blows the Rose Bowl show out of the water! My apologies for the harshness. I will continue to support the band, and will buy the cheaper of the Deluxe versions, but really feel let down.

• Subscriber

[quote name='agt wrote:

chrism7']Yea £275 is still a lot, as is £75 but a lot better than the current amazon ones. I'm sure amazon will reduce, I already put an order in there for the super deluxe in the expectation it will come down to a better price.

Just notified Amazon of Universals lower prices, usually they'll revise there's within 48 hours.Nice one. I didn't do that with the NLOTH set and missed out on their temporary reduction. I've seen a few things on Amazon where they are very responsive to pricing.

• Subscriber

Not sure how this could ever be done, but after the lackluster Duals, and the inclusion of so much previously released material on Medium Rare/Remastered, how about asking a die-hard fan what should be in these deluxe boxes? I don't mean put a fan in charge, that could be dangerous, but how about consulting a few U2.com subscribers. I am a perfect fan for such a job, and figure there have to be a few thousand fans out there above my level of knowledge and intelligence, in particular! I just would like a few die-hard fans to be asked for input in the matter. My Achtung Deluxe would've had 10 cds with tons of demos, and a few live cds, and I would've had Full concert dvds of Washington 92, Stockholm 92, and Dublin 93, and Adelaide 93. Sure my box would be expensive, but it would've given fans the opportunity to fully experience Zoo TV the way it was. How hard would it be? How difficult would it be to just consult a real die hard fan? It would be easy. I'd welcome any comments from U2's Management. I know they would never contact me though. I'm just hoping the reason is they don't talk to real fans. I would be sad if it was just because the Cash is more important than the quality.