Jump to content

£385..& Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary Edition............


agt
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

[quote name='newsman wrote:


MacFoley wrote:

newsman']I'm still just getting the vinyl box set (greedy bastards).

 

You say goodbye u2 and....1. Your still here?!?!?2. Your buying the vinyl and still call them greedy?!?!? (how about your a sucker and a complete tool as a fan?!?!?)
I'm sorry, do I know you? Because I'm not sure where your personal attacks are coming from. It's strange to spit in a stranger's face like that. I don't recall ever insulting you like that. Not that I need to explain myself, but if you look at my prior comments, I said I'm done with going to U2 concerts, being part of the fan club and buying their new music because I don't like what they have become. Yes, this whole reissue smacks of greed -- and is further evidence of what I've said about the band becoming out of touch with fans and corporate slaves. You've suggested as much in your posts. But if getting a decent copy of my favorite on 180g vinyl finally makes me a sucker, call me confused. The vinyl set seems to be the only thing worth adding to my U2 collection since the original pressing was lackluster. Of course, I'm just as confused as to why you think people have to pass one of your tests of authenticity and think like you in order to post on this fan board. 

 

After 24 straight years of being a U2 fan club member, I've decided to let my U2.com membership and all of its meaningless seniority, invisible perks and ludicrous exclusives lapse into the ether. Yesterday, it expired. It was far easier than I expected. I miss nothing because it no longer provided anything. 
In fact, as much as it pains me to say, I've all but given up on believing in this band. They haven't made anything vital or true since "Pop" in '97. U2 will always be the band that made me believe that music is a sacrament of life. They were my Beatles. I still remember getting "Unforgettable Fire" for Christmas in 1984 and quickly buying everything else by the band with the little money I had. 
But I have fallen out of love with the boys. They are the corporate pawns that they posed against for years. Even worse, they bore me to death. The concerts are predictable. The music is pedestrian and overproduced. Bono's voice is shot. Edge keeps dressing like he's 14. With so many other raw and talented bands making music out there right now -- Mumford & Sons, The National, Arcade Fire, Radiohead -- I just don't feel the U2 love like I once did. 
It's been great, but I must move on.
Peace

-------------------------------

looks like to me that you said goodbye to u2.....yet you still open the door for them to purchase your vinyl set of achtung baby......

so who is sucking up as a sucker.....yourself my friend.....thought radiohead were tickling your fancy as u2 are not the band you loved. at least have the balls to say "you know what, feck it, im getting the vinyl set because i want it....." end of, rather than add a greedy bastards at the end because it makes you look like a sucker, for u2, the band you still love but dont admit it because of some bizarre reason.

yes the uber set is expensive and robs the fan of one of their heroes greatest albums of all time, just to listen to the same set of songs we have heard hundreds of times, but i never said, ah ill buy it then. no.

ah well at least we know you are purchasing the vinyl set, well done you, welcome back to u2....sucker.....laugh.gif
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Subscriber

will this madness ever stop i ask, roll on the pop remaster, let's hope there's an uber-uber wheelie bin (trash bin on wheels) edition, with mini retractable lemon mirror ball and limited edition numbered miniature squeaky nun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:


dan_smee wrote:

MacFoley']

 

Look through this thread and you will find out...Or look at other threads about achtung and you will find out...

I haven't seen this question answered...

Be really nice to hear official word form someone in the U2 camp...

 

 

Not official, but edge also said about listening to the tapes of achtung too....and finally.................ACHTUNG BABY REMASTER UNDERWAY@U2, September 17, 2010By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgeeRumors of an Achtung Baby remaster have been circulating for a couple years now, but Twitter brings us the first real confirmation that it's happening. On Thursday, musician/producer John Vanderslice let it slip on Twitter that Achtung Baby is being remastered in the same Los Angeles studio where he's working on other projects.Rumors of this remaster have been around for quite a while now. It was originally said to be released this month (Sept. 2010), but over the summer there were rumors that it had been delayed until 2011. That date makes more sense: Next year is the 20th anniversary of Achtung BabyBut that proves absolutely nothing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

[quote name='dan_smee wrote:


MacFoley wrote:

dan_smee']I haven't seen this question answered...

Be really nice to hear official word form someone in the U2 camp...

 

 

Not official, but edge also said about listening to the tapes of achtung too....and finally.................ACHTUNG BABY REMASTER UNDERWAY@U2, September 17, 2010By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgeeRumors of an Achtung Baby remaster have been circulating for a couple years now, but Twitter brings us the first real confirmation that it's happening. On Thursday, musician/producer
John Vanderslice let it slip on Twitter that Achtung Baby is being remastered
in the same Los Angeles studio where he's working on other projects.Rumors of this remaster have been around for quite a while now. It was originally said to be released this month (Sept. 2010), but over the summer there were rumors that it had been delayed until 2011. That date makes more sense: Next year is the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby
But that proves absolutely nothing

 

You're saying THAT proves nothing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:


peterferris8 wrote:

baby']C'mon guys! Is that all you can do is complain?!!! Bono has an iPad, of course he's reading this! I gave you everything you ever wanted, it wasn't what you wanted...Play your Achtung Baby fall in love again. I remember 1991 like yesterday. They just finished a 2 YEAR! tour! U2 won't release a box set that hasn't been remastered, of course the price can drop, the track listing can change, and they won't give the UK a lithograph and not give it to the US too! Have a little faith! If you want it buy it. There I feel better Yeah I gotta go, Mysterious Ways
;)

You're complaining about people complaining? You utter hypocrite. And as for complaining, this IS what we wanted (well, I don't want the vinyls), but we DON'T want it at such a stupid bloody ridiculous price.

what do you want....what do you want Zooropa

 

I want more peeps to complain, that way the price'll go down on Amazon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

will this madness ever stop i ask, roll on the pop remaster, let's hope there's an uber-uber wheelie bin (trash bin on wheels) edition, with mini retractable lemon mirror ball and limited edition numbered miniature squeaky nun.

For the Pop remaster, I'd be happy with just the remastered album (the ORIGINAL, not the remakes), with a CD of outtakes and demos (how about City Of Blinding Lights in the form in which it turned up during those sessions?) and a DVD with various pro-shot clips from throughout the PopMart tour (not just Mexico City again).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

There is no way they going through all this trouble, charging quite a bit and not remastering it. Come on guys, they have been doing this for every single album lately. AB is probably their best one and do you really think they will not remaster it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:


joshthetree']will this madness ever stop i ask, roll on the pop remaster, let's hope there's an uber-uber wheelie bin (trash bin on wheels) edition, with mini retractable lemon mirror ball and limited edition numbered miniature squeaky nun.

For the Pop remaster, I'd be happy with just the remastered album (the ORIGINAL, not the remakes), with a CD of outtakes and demos (how about City Of Blinding Lights in the form in which it turned up during those sessions?) and a DVD with various pro-shot clips from throughout the PopMart tour (not just Mexico City again).

 

City of blinding lights was written after 9/11??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...