£385..& Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary Edition............

agt

• Subscriber

Now now, some of us don't have the glasses, the badges, the propaganda, melon cd, and so on.

The Uber would be like me buying a Viper as my next car instead of something closer to my price range, which means I'll get hte Super Deluxe as that'd be like me buying a Mustang or Camaro instead.

I don't blame U2. They don't set the prices, Universal/Mercury do, which again are set by the distributor, which once again explains why Trent Reznor left them and went independent.

Also, Amazon sets their prices fairly high .

The car metaphor...some class there, Panth

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='danielsentana wrote:

Panth']Now now, some of us don't have the glasses, the badges, the propaganda, melon cd, and so on.

The Uber would be like me buying a Viper as my next car instead of something closer to my price range, which means I'll get hte Super Deluxe as that'd be like me buying a Mustang or Camaro instead.

I don't blame U2. They don't set the prices, Universal/Mercury do, which again are set by the distributor, which once again explains why Trent Reznor left them and went independent.

Sarcasm?

• Subscriber

Not sure how this could ever be done, but after the lackluster Duals, and the inclusion of so much previously released material on Medium Rare/Remastered, how about asking a die-hard fan what should be in these deluxe boxes? I don't mean put a fan in charge, that could be dangerous, but how about consulting a few U2.com subscribers. I am a perfect fan for such a job, and figure there have to be a few thousand fans out there above my level of knowledge and intelligence, in particular! I just would like a few die-hard fans to be asked for input in the matter. My Achtung Deluxe would've had 10 cds with tons of demos, and a few live cds, and I would've had Full concert dvds of Washington 92, Stockholm 92, and Dublin 93, and Adelaide 93. Sure my box would be expensive, but it would've given fans the opportunity to fully experience Zoo TV the way it was. How hard would it be? How difficult would it be to just consult a real die hard fan? It would be easy. I'd welcome any comments from U2's Management. I know they would never contact me though. I'm just hoping the reason is they don't talk to real fans. I would be sad if it was just because the Cash is more important than the quality.
She's gonna dream of the world she wants to live, she's gonna dream out loud wink.gif
I wish this was possible, but it has been proven time and again that us fans aren't really as important when it comes to money

[quote name='monica martino wrote:

Panth']WEll either way I can still afford it.

you can or you can not?

:PI can, cuz I like to brag, seriously, I like bragging, I'll admit my arrogance, and then brag about my honesty.

I won't buy it though because I also like to be smart with my money.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Panth wrote:

danielsentana wrote:

Panth']Now now, some of us don't have the glasses, the badges, the propaganda, melon cd, and so on.

Sarcasm?

No, truth. I actually found it quite illustrative smile.gif

Super Deluxe for me it seems, unless Ebay lowers in a few hundreds that Uber edition

• Subscriber

In my heart of hearts, I believe U2 can be both a Cash-Hungry and Fan-Friendly Corporation. I love you guys, and

hope my points are well-taken out of love, and not anger or sadness....Sleep, Sleep Tonight, and may your dreams be realized.

• Community Moderator

[quote name='Panth wrote:

mich40']

Says U2 manager Paul McGuinness:

"There will be multiple formats. If you pile a lot of extra material and packaging and design work into a super-duper box set, there are people who will pay quite a lot for it, so you can budget it at a very high level and pump up the value."

http://www.atu2.com/news/...-soon-rolling-stone.html

Yes, yes, we've all read that. That was not my point, which you are missing and just want to whine about Paul McGuiness, which in that case we're done here.

I'm not whining.  I'm just saying this was part of his buiness plan, whether he sets the prices or not.  That was my point, which you obviously didn't get either.  Maybe because you were too busy whining about other people's thoughts and comments.

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

Panth wrote:

mich40']Says U2 manager Paul McGuinness:

"There will be multiple formats. If you pile a lot of extra material and packaging and design work into a super-duper box set, there are people who will pay quite a lot for it, so you can budget it at a very high level and pump up the value."

Yes, yes, we've all read that. That was not my point, which you are missing and just want to whine about Paul McGuiness, which in that case we're done here.

I'm not whining.  I'm just saying this was part of his buiness plan, whether he sets the prices or not.  That was my point, which you obviously didn't get either.  Maybe because you were too busy whining about other people's thoughts and comments.

ANd I had gotten your point. I had it the first time.  But I'm telling you he doesn't set the prices, just what is included in the package. If he just gave that stuff away fans would whine and complain.  My point has always been fans will never be completely satisfied, they'll always complain and McGuiness will always be the scapegoat.

I don't feel like arguing anymore though, now if you wanna argue, knock yourself out.