£385..& Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary Edition............

agt

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Who said whining doesn't work.....;)

Don't think whining would make amazon change their price.The way it works on amazon is the more people who look at an item, they lower the prices.The original prices were never spot on anyhow.It's all good though...

• Subscriber

Believe it or not, I have never bought anything off amazon. So thanks for the info on how they set the prices! I look at the site and it confuses the heck out of me in regards to where the product is coming from. I would rather buy it from where I know the product is sourced.

• Community Moderator

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

swanny66']

Who said whining doesn't work.....
;)

Don't think whining would make amazon change their price.The way it works on amazon is the more people who look at an item, they lower the prices.The original prices were never spot on anyhow.It's all good though...

So if I repeatedly look at the US one, it will go down?  B/c right now, it hasn't changed.

• Subscriber

The Pop remaster maybe includes also concert DVD, rumoured from Mexico City, unconfirmed though

Seen the enthousiastic crowds there this must be a treat :)

Pfff sorry I write so much but am so heavily dissapointed in this set choice of contents, so much beautifull material, anyway, not gonna buy each of the sets, some DVD you see once, you throw in the box and it goes in the cupboard

Or was the expectation too high?

I'd heard about the Floyd Immersion sets a few months ago, and the value for money trumps the AB Uber set by miles. It's not that U2 couldn't pump up the value and bring down the price, it's really just a lack of thought. The Wish You Were Here Immersion Set comes out a week after the Uber U2 set. The WYWH set seems more attainable, with clearly indicated contents (there are remasters and original, early mixes of the album), and frankly, less bitterness about the whole affair.

Paul McGuinness is well versed about digital downloading, and how a lot of artists get hurt when no money is paid. So, how does greed help matters? We'll all be happy to pay a reasonable price. I think he will find that market cannot bear his price.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

swanny66']Who said whining doesn't work.....
;)

So if I repeatedly look at the US one, it will go down?  B/c right now, it hasn't changed.

It must be looked by all different people. Not just one person all the time to make a difference.

I won't be buying anything as frivolous as music box sets, etc. Our retirement fund just lost a ton of money thanks to the non-existent disgusting economies of the world and we're not far away from retirement, unlike all you youngins'. This is all so unimportant when, at least here in the U.S., we keep getting slapped with one economic disaster after another. I throw up my hands in disgust!

• Subscriber

Sweet mother of God that is one hell of a box set...  But I think I'll have to go for the Super Deluxe rather than the Uber Deluxe.  Art prints,vinyl, propaganda, badges, stickers, and Fly glasses are pretty cool, but not worth all that extra cash.  As long as I get the musical and video content, it looks like the Super Deluxe is the way to go.