£385..& Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary Edition............

• Subscriber

As a Floyd fan and a U2 fan, I see both sides and definitely that the Floyd sets are more thought out. There is some truly rare as rocking horse shite stuff on the Floyd sets. U2's set isn't bad, but it has certain glaring gaps in it, and could otherwise be improved.

As for the tax "evasion", I think it's tax sheltering, which nearly anyone can do.

In anticipation of a change in the tax laws in Ireland, U2 moved their money. It's no different than anticipating a change in the market, or the weather. There's no insider information, no dodging. Nobody in England, America, Europe, or elsewhere complains about the taxes U2 owes them, which is far larger sum than what they'd pay in Ireland. That's a pretty clue that they're paying their taxes. The whole matter needs a rest.

I agree with both points - well said. smile.gif

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Newest info (source Universal UK) from u2.tour.de (from Germany) said that the AB re-release will not be remastered but the original tracks form 1991 mad.gif

If this is true it will be the biggest release joke ever...

u2tour.de is not an official source of information. Edge said it would be, and, personally, I find him to be more of an official source than a fansite. 

I do hope they are remastered, but even if they're not, I'll have a chance to replace my current disc, where the CD just stops halfway through Love Is Blindness.
  • Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

angel in devil shoes']Newest info (source Universal UK) from u2.tour.de (from Germany) said that the AB re-release will not be remastered but the original tracks form 1991
mad.gif

u2tour.de is not an official source of information. Edge said it would be, and, personally, I find him to be more of an official source than a fansite. 

I do hope they are remastered, but even if they're not, I'll have a chance to replace my current disc, where the CD just stops halfway through Love Is Blindness.

Agreed.

The whole point of these re-releases in the first place was for The Edge to remaster them. The AB tracks will be remastered (in fact, I'm sure they already have been remastered - they're just waiting to be encoded to disc).

• Subscriber

[quote name='greydogblues wrote:

Redhead11']Is anyone else getting bored with all this? .....

yep.

and tired of waiting for 'mercy,' already, too indifferent.gifdon't get me started on 'mercy' 

I'll never stop!!!!!roll.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

angel in devil shoes']Newest info (source Universal UK) from u2.tour.de (from Germany) said that the AB re-release will not be remastered but the original tracks form 1991
mad.gif

Write an email to the Universal Shop and ask them whether the tracks are remastered or not.

They should know it and they say "not remastered"

You can do it: http://store.universal-mu...contact-us/page/contact/