£385..& Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary Edition............

agt

• Subscriber

[quote name='Achtung75 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

maggie18patchwork']Everybody should stand together and boycott it. Nobody pre order it or buy it.

Then after it's been lying in a damp warehouse for months it'll turn up on ebay for next to nothing..

you can get the 360 super deluxe box set for 50 quid now!

the super deluxe uber crap whatever its called, yeah i cant see many of those being sold to be honest. it will cost universal more if people didnt buy them.

to be honest i cant see many of the 75 quid ones flying off the shelves either!

this is the bit i find interesting.....

it says all discs will be sold as seperate items.....

so the documentry "from the sky down" will be released as a single dvd??? 

will zooropa get a remastered disc and cover all for itself? and then a double disc version with the remix's?!?!?!

i bet they do.....

I can only see £385 and £106. What's the £75 set?

Achtung Baby Super Deluxe: £75

Achtung Baby Uber Deluxe: £275

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

MacFoley wrote:

maggie18patchwork']Everybody should stand together and boycott it. Nobody pre order it or buy it.

Then after it's been lying in a damp warehouse for months it'll turn up on ebay for next to nothing..

you can get the 360 super deluxe box set for 50 quid now!

the super deluxe uber crap whatever its called, yeah i cant see many of those being sold to be honest. it will cost universal more if people didnt buy them.

will zooropa get a remastered disc and cover all for itself? and then a double disc version with the remix's?!?!?!

i bet they do.....

i think those prices you quoted are wrong. from universal site the prices are....

£275 and £75...

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Achtung75 wrote:

MacFoley']you can get the 360 super deluxe box set for 50 quid now!

i bet they do.....

i think those prices you quoted are wrong. from universal site the prices are....

£275 and £75...

Those are the Amazon prices. Play.com is different again.

• Subscriber

I don't see anywhere that this is a remaster, just a re-issue.

Edge had said in a recent interview that he was working on remastering Achtung Baby & Zooropa.

• Subscriber

[quote name='agt wrote:

rick-1']I don't see anywhere that this is a remaster, just a re-issue.

Edge had said in a recent interview that he was working on remastering Achtung Baby & Zooropa.He did. Christ i better remortgage the house and sell the kids' Kidneys then!!

• Subscriber

Already said this in FB, but content wise it's very disappointing. Says they are the original albums so I presume no remastering, as all the singles came out on CD the b-sides are nothing new (at least that was one reason for getting the pre-JT remasters), most of the Hansa stuff is easily available and they are re-flogging a show that has already been released on DVD.

Why not a different show - Washington 92 was pro-shot, again I know it's widely available but never been released and would be a contrast to Sydney as it was the pre-Zooropa setlist.

I was really hoping for the Stop Sellafield gig at Manchester GMEX.

• Subscriber

MacFoley wrote:

Achtung75']

£275 and £75...

Those are the Amazon prices. Play.com is different again.

yeah! talk about confusing the simple u2 fan! wink.giftongue.gif

• Subscriber

Anyone else getting a feeling of deja vu here, after the controversy over the super deluxe Rose Bowl set?

But that said, WHAT THE FUCK is the point of packaging the vinyl set and CD set in one big package, when it'd probably be a whole lot cheaper to buy the sets separately? Universal, you bloody fan-milkers. I'll probably get the super deluxe version instead of the uber deluxe version. It's over £200 cheaper. AND I won't have a bunch of stupid bloody vinyls sitting around with nothing to play them on. Fly shades? I've already got some perfectly good sunglasses of my own, thank you very much.

Also, Zooropa shouldn't be included. And I'm not saying that because it's my least favourite U2 album. I'm saying it because although Achtung and Zooropa were meant to be 'sister' albums, that doesn't justify putting them all in one package. In just under 2 years, it'll be Zooropa's 20th anniversary, and then it can have its own deluxe treatments. Or is just under 2 years too long for Universal to wait?

Uber deluxe? More like uber costly. I could get a guitar amp for the same price as the uber deluxe set. In fact, I could get one for a price CHEAPER than the uber deluxe set.

Y'know, Nine Inch Nails gave their last album, The Slip (2008) away for free. Why can't U2 indulge in that practise? Or do Universal heavily discourage stuff like that?

This gives me more of a reason not to renew my subscription this time.

• Subscriber
Zootv live from Sydney??? :(
Yup, my thoughts exactly! Everything in there looks quite interesting, except for this as we all already have this.

Why, oh why couldn't they include other shows. Just a collection of live performances would've been great.