Illegal Pirating

musicmatt1229

• Subscriber

While I know it's bad and I shouldn't really do it, I do it anyway... and I do it a lot. Like, this weekend I downloaded all of the original The Twilight Zone episodes.

Also, years ago (around the time when Bomb was released, even before that) I illegally downloaded all of U2's works, including singles etc. But over the years I've begun to replace as much as possible with legal copies.

I think that entertainment industry should think of new ways to deliver content in a way that goes along with the technological revolution that's the Internet. For example, Netflix and Hulu are nice exmaples where you can watch movies and series for a, quite frankly, very low subscribtion fee. Alas, these services are not available outside of US/Canada.

Once you download something illegally is very easy and very convenient. You go to the site, find the thing you're looking for and just click "Download". I don't think there is a paid service yet quite that convenient.

• Subscriber

I download first illegaly. I listen to it and if it's fine I'll buy a physical, legal, copy. I just like the artwork and the full quality of the music.

But.... Back on Mr. McGuinness: His view on illegal pirating is clear, but how can you fight against it? Not on his way!!! Releasing the same dvd's (zootv from Sydney on the deluxe box, bonus unforgettable fire doc), asking a lot of money for special issues (uberdeluxe box), no legal concert-downloads, no single track releases for full quality digitial download (Every breaking wave, Mercy, North Star, etc. were very good candidates to be downloaded in their studio versions. I think they'd made a lot of money with such digital releases. And the songs didn't fit to be released as an album. What's the point then?). So, I don't quite know how he tries to fight against illegal downloads. Just scream something doesn't solve the problem. It looks like he's the only one who's against it but doesn't do something.