Bono: A conversation About Christ

xtraspicy62

• Subscriber

Interesting post Spicy, food for thought. I tend to think faith and belief come in many different forms, not always necessarily attached to religion.  Whilst religion can bring about many positive aspects in a person's life, unfortunately way too often some people's interpretation of it can breed intolerance and prejudice which can leave you questioning it

• Subscriber

Cool. Thanks Xtraspicy62. I don't go to church either, I don't fit in. But I still have to be disciplined daily. I spend a lot of time in the psalms too. I think musicians like it. they are songs, they are easier to read, for me anyway. I think if you do, it's hard not to find yourself with a heart after God like David had. But hey, David was human like we all are.

Here is what I have found interesting, that Paul in the new testament had eye problems that was a 'thorn in his flesh'. Now modern day Paul has eye problems, I wonder if it means something? Or not.

• Subscriber

Nice montage of Bono quotes. I'm still not over the moment when they all spent their last moment on stage in Moncton. They all showed their spiritual state in their own special way. Adam sympathically seemed a wee bit shaky on the lead for a moment there - I like to think of it as showing nerves and being overwhelmed by emotions that "This is it. Finito. Lights out. U2 has left the building."

The Edge, the professional as usual, like a rock on "everything else" and how he bowed to Larry in the end before giving him a hug, accknowledging the way his friend ended the show.

Bono, before leaving his mic behind, addressing the crowd present, but from the inward look on his face you could tell that he equally spoke to all of us, sending us off with blessings.

And then Larry, drumming out the heartbeat one last time, then leaving and making a u-turn for the microphone and with three short sentences he touched our hearts.

Says it all.

• Community Moderator

Interesting post Spicy, food for thought. I tend to think faith and belief come in many different forms, not always necessarily attached to religion.  Whilst religion can bring about many positive aspects in a person's life, unfortunately way too often some people's interpretation of it can breed intolerance and prejudice which can leave you questioning it
I totally agree.  I am dealing with some of that right now.

• Subscriber

Thank you Spicy my love, that was brilliant - really, really lovely.

Gracenote - I love the way you reconciled the present (Moncton) and the past (this video).

Indicating clearly, that no matter how much the lads may have changed over the years, as we all do, at their core, I see, humility, gratefulness, and love, and their unending willingness to share it with us. smile.gif  And that's a nice feeling.

• Subscriber

Good stuff, Spicy. I don't agree with all of it, but that's OK. I also agree with Anjana... so many people pick and choose and pull stuff out of context from a religion to justify their own prejudice. I've definitely had to find my own way within Christianity... fortunately, I attend a church that welcomes questioners and wanderers.

• Subscriber

I really liked this one "All have fallen short. Let's stop throwing stones at people who have made mistakes in their life and let's start throwing medicines and food at those who need it most."

But really...what is religion? Isn't it just different ways for people to see one person....a maker...a creator....God. I don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as you are active, happy, praising God, and have your own sense of spirituality outside church (i think that's important)...isn't that the point? I think it's good to question religion. It puts things back into perspective.

But since we listen to U2....we get a lot of spirituality as well. It certainly has helped me anyway.