• Subscriber

[quote name='Claire T wrote:

hnicolaidesk']Anger (
annoyance, exasperation, outrage, resentment
) is a valid human emotion.

How one expresses one's anger is what defines one as either a hooligan (
delinquent, marauder, thug, outlaw, punk
) or a civilized citizen.

In the London riots, what we are witness to, in my opinion, is hooliganism - senseless destruction without just cause.

The excuse may be made that these actions are in response to the police officers vs Duggan - but that would be a lie.

How does looting a shop or destroying a business make the case for justice?

And while I can't justify the rubber bullets and tanks, quite yet - if the violence and subsequent domino and trickle down effect of the current violence isn't suppressed, and soon, the risk of its spreading like a plague to adjacent communities is a horrific possibility.

The thing is it's not about what happend to Mark Duggan. His familly don't even want to be mentioned in the same breath as the riots. These people highjacked their peacefull protest to get answers from the police to what happend to him and tried to use it as an excuse.

I think Cameron needs to think about using something more than just the police. I can only get worst before it gets bettermad.gif

Agreed.

Which is why I said,

The excuse may be made that these actions are in response to the police officers vs Duggan - but that would be a lie. How does looting a shop or destroying a business make the case for justice?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Well all us Americans take note of what's happening in London cause we're seeing shades of our future right there. Anyone remember Watts in Los Angeles in 1965 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_Riots

Things are tough here already but just wait till those government cuts start. The beginning of a class war is not far down the road, too many people hurting. If our lame ass Congress doesn't get their act together, citizens be ware and our citizens are armed.

Praying for calm and order in your world, Connie.
  • Subscriber

I, like Peter and many other good folk on this forum am English and very proud - at least I was until I saw what started to happen on Saturday night via Sky News. The sheer mindless disgraceful thievery, hooliganism, wanton vandalism and disrespect for the innocent law abiding shop keepers and citizens of England's inner cities is making me sick to my stomach, not to mention boiling withmad.gifmad.gif

I see it has started in Manchester tonight too, I was born in Bury which is on the outskirts but now live in Germany - I'm in the Army, and I must admit I like what Mac said earlier, I would be more than happy to be back in UK with my buddies along side me to sort some of these arseholes out.

The absolute worse is seeing kids of 11 years old looting as well - I heard somewhere that a 7 year old had been arrested!!! FFS.... What has the world come to, that kid shouldn't even be out at night, let alone looting - but then again, maybe his 23 year old parents are along side him, "showing him how it's done"mad.gifmad.gif

• Subscriber

I, like Peter and many other good folk on this forum am English and very proud - at least I was until I saw what started to happen on Saturday night via Sky News. The sheer mindless disgraceful thievery, hooliganism, wanton vandalism and disrespect for the innocent law abiding shop keepers and citizens of England's inner cities is making me sick to my stomach, not to mention boiling withmad.gifmad.gif

I see it has started in Manchester tonight too, I was born in Bury which is on the outskirts but now live in Germany - I'm in the Army, and I must admit I like what Mac said earlier, I would be more than happy to be back in UK with my buddies along side me to sort some of these arseholes out.

The absolute worse is seeing kids of 11 years old looting as well - I heard somewhere that a 7 year old had been arrested!!! FFS.... What has the world come to, that kid shouldn't even be out at night, let alone looting - but then again, maybe his 23 year old parents are along side him, "showing him how it's done"mad.gifmad.gif

7 years old...that's even younger than the 11-year old who I heard about getting arrested earlier. Heck, that's 8 years younger than me.