Movies featuring U2

U2RSA

Apologies if this has been posted before, but i thought let's name movies which either feature the band (members) or their music, or even just get a mention ?

The obvious one to me right now is Blown Away with Tommy Lee Jones and Jeff Bridges. Tommy Lee Jones listens to U2's music, in the movie.

Mission Impossible with Larry and Adam playing the theme song.

Taken, where the daughter and her friend are following U2 on their world tour.

anything else?

• Subscriber

It never made the terrible film version,

but I was always amused when Patrick Bateman finds himself front row at U2 in American Psycho (Brett Easton Ellis)

He spends the whole gig wondering what everyone is so excited about and how shit U2 are compared to Huey Lewis And The News lol

• Subscriber

It never made the terrible film version,

but I was always amused when Patrick Bateman finds himself front row at U2 in American Psycho (Brett Easton Ellis)

He spends the whole gig wondering what everyone is so excited about and how shit U2 are compared to Huey Lewis And The News lol

Ok there's loads of obvious ones but i'm gonna go with The Shooter where Bono gets a mention. Now if you'll excuse me i have to return some videotapes.laugh.gif

• Subscriber

anyone here seen 'ne le dis à personne'? french movie where a guy and his girlfriend get attacked one night by a lake. he gets beaten up and the girl disapeares. years later the guy gets an email, with footage from a securitycamera, showing his girl at a subway. from then on he gets cryptic messages that will help him find out what really happened. and those messages are based on name, place and date of u2 concert he and his girl attended. was a good story, and the music was a great extra!happy.gif

• Subscriber

Apologies if this has been posted before, but i thought let's name movies which either feature the band (members) or their music, or even just get a mention ?

The obvious one to me right now is Blown Away with Tommy Lee Jones and Jeff Bridges. Tommy Lee Jones listens to U2's music, in the movie.

Mission Impossible with Larry and Adam playing the theme song.

Taken, where the daughter and her friend are following U2 on their world tour.

anything else?

Um, yeah - let's not forget Phil Joanou's Entropy the entire band is in it (filmed during the Popmart tour) and Bono has a fairly extensive role - actually the band is central to the story (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0156515/)

And of course there's Killing Bono, It Might Get Loud, Across The Universe, Million Dollar Hotel

For soundtracks, you've got Moulin Rouge, Gangs of New York (Oscar nominated), Nim's Island, Waveriders, The Devil Wears Prada, Click, Batman Forever, Goldeneye, In America, About a Boy, Mr. Deeds, Vanilla Sky, Tomb Raider, Captive, Three Kings, City of Angels, Honeymoon in Vegas, Runaway Bride, Johnny Mnemonic, Pret-a-Porter, In the Name of the Father, Reality Bites, Short Cuts...
And that's not all of them either - I'd check out a U2 search on imdb.com if you want a more complete list...

MsMc