Young U2 Fans!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='johngee wrote:

peaceloveu2']I am 18 and I became a fan after watching Rattle and Hum nearly 2 years ago. I was definitely not raised on U2; I discovered them on my own. I'd say 90% of the music that I listen to is older than I am!
;)

But it really bugs me when I hear old geezers (and sometimes not the older generations) say that this generation's music is crap. Times change, music changes. There may very well have been a golden age of music. But that doesn't mean that the music needs to stop!

I consider myself a relatively "old "geezer and I can honestly say I appreciate most kinds of music,in fact I must confess to being a bit of a Trance addict/Techno head,I embarass my kids sometimes..LOL!..I must be one of few parents who get told to turn down the music by their kids!Love Tiesto,Van Buuren,anything that thumps really...louder the better!

Having been to a few U2 gigs,I am amazed at the range of ages of people at these gigs and hope it continues for a long time to come.smile.gif

Hope ya shot him back roll.gif

I'm 20, turning 21 next month. I've been listening to U2 since I was in sixth grade; back then my friends thought I was a weirdo for listening to a bunch of 40-something Irish guys, lol. I think they'll always be my favorite band :)

I also don't like to hear about people whining about my generation's music. I don't like much of it, either, but everyone has their own tastes and I'm not gonna say that you have a worse taste in music than me just because you like artists that I don't. But of course none of them come close to U2 ;)

• Subscriber

I'm 20, turning 21 next month. I've been listening to U2 since I was in sixth grade; back then my friends thought I was a weirdo for listening to a bunch of 40-something Irish guys, lol. I think they'll always be my favorite band :)

I also don't like to hear about people whining about my generation's music. I don't like much of it, either, but everyone has their own tastes and I'm not gonna say that you have a worse taste in music than me just because you like artists that I don't. But of course none of them come close to U2 ;)

Hey, my friends still don't understand how I think 50 year old men are amazing charming and badass and cool. 
They're learnin though smile.gifwink.gif

• Subscriber

I've also grown up listening to U2, I've been told it was played over the stereo when I was a very young kid, to fall asleep to. Then they were played in car rides, to pass the time. I've never thought they were bad, always at least decent, but they didn't really catch on until just over a year ago. My family only had three albums then (Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby and No Line On The Horizon) and I decided to listen to all three. What do you know, it all clicked, these guys are awesome! Now, literally, for a whole year I have listened to nothing but U2. Not kidding, I love them that much and I am so grateful to have been to two of their concerts, best times of my life. And now there is pretty no U2 left that I don't have, just a few b-sides, which I will have eventually! Then I don't know where the becoming obsessed with the band members themselves started... ;)

I do not like any of the new artist around these days, Gaga, Bieber, etc. But then again, I've always listened to "older" stuff, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Gun's N' Roses, Alanis Morrisette (my previous favourite) some Van Halen and a little Eminem. I'm not saying they are completely talentless, just not to my taste.

U2 forever!