Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redhead11

Young U2 Fans!!

I'm 17, I've always loved U2, at 12 I tried showing its beauty to my friends, since that time I began having hatred to my generation, how close minded we are, I have never met someone who loves U2 like I do , I live for them , I'm a bit obsessive! The first song I loved was One but since then I have listened to almost every songs, I have all the albums and each songs have a different feeling and also I really prefer their old stuff. I went to the 360 show in montreal but stayed outside , I couldnt get a ticket. I cried :P. But I saw the screen and heared the show well, better than nothing isn't it? I pray the god that they will have another tour. I swear i'd buy the red zone ticket! But honestly, all the flashy too perfect stuff of the 360 tour tells me nothing, It's totally useless, I prefer some more traditional ambiance like in rattle and hum at the sun devil stadium or at red rocks! and my biggest grief is to not have been there, in the 80's when the lifestyle, it would seem was a little more like I am.

Wow didn't know this thread existed. I'm 19, been a fan since 13 I guess when I heard Vertigo on a Spanish radio station. Most of the stuff is covered in my profile page, but basically I liked the riffy tune and I started to explore (by then I was trying to determine which music I was going to settle on). So I tried listening to the big tunes (WOWY, One, Still haven't found) and heard City of Blinding Lights from the Brooklyn bridge concert. 
I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH IT!
And then, dwelling more into their catalogue, I watched Rattle and Hum's Streets. Well I'm here now! div><div>I

great post, and really good to see posters of all ages here in the Zoo.

Would be interesting to know, especially from those age 16-24 how you get your U2 'fix' online.

Is it though forums like this one or through twitter, or facebook or other social media?

Yeahhh BW, so glad this thread has been stickiedthumbsup.gif, it's deserves a prominent place. 

great post, and really good to see posters of all ages here in the Zoo.

Would be interesting to know, especially from those age 16-24 how you get your U2 'fix' online.

Is it though forums like this one or through twitter, or facebook or other social media?

well....for me....I come here all the time!!happy.giflaugh.gif

Facebook is good for posting lyrics and videos of U2 to expose others to them. 

But ultimate U2 fix comes  from zootopia!!happy.gif

Redhead, we're in at the same time!! Just PM'd youhappy.gif

[quote name='Redhead11 wrote:

bigwave']great post, and really good to see posters of all ages here in the Zoo.

well....for me....I come here all the time!!happy.giflaugh.gif

Facebook is good for posting lyrics and videos of U2 to expose others to them. 

But ultimate U2 fix comes  from zootopia!!happy.gif

I engaged in the practice of posting lyrics and YouTube links on Facebook, but no-one took any notice. So I stopped. In fact, someone at school said that they were rubbish at Glastonbury PURELY on the grounds of the Coldplay snippet. I agree, Zootopia is the ultimate source of U2.

Children are great way of getting beer and snacks from the kitchen without getting out of my comfy, comfy armchair.

Children are great way of getting beer and snacks from the kitchen without getting out of my comfy, comfy armchair.

My family do that to me all the time! Sometimes I mutter "Too lazy to go get it yourselves, huh?"

I'm boycotting Facebook, it's something we abuse and something unescessary, Viva Zootopia. I've kinda given up on converting people to U2 anyway, you've got the music tastes or you don't , period :)