Young U2 Fans!!

Redhead11

I'm 17, I've always loved U2, at 12 I tried showing its beauty to my friends, since that time I began having hatred to my generation, how close minded we are, I have never met someone who loves U2 like I do , I live for them , I'm a bit obsessive! The first song I loved was One but since then I have listened to almost every songs, I have all the albums and each songs have a different feeling and also I really prefer their old stuff. I went to the 360 show in montreal but stayed outside , I couldnt get a ticket. I cried :P. But I saw the screen and heared the show well, better than nothing isn't it? I pray the god that they will have another tour. I swear i'd buy the red zone ticket! But honestly, all the flashy too perfect stuff of the 360 tour tells me nothing, It's totally useless, I prefer some more traditional ambiance like in rattle and hum at the sun devil stadium or at red rocks! and my biggest grief is to not have been there, in the 80's when the lifestyle, it would seem was a little more like I am.

I hear ya! I would love to have seen the band in the simplicity of the R&H and Joshua Tree days. Concerts these days... I don't know; they don't seem as special as they used to be.

And I would cry too, if I couldn't get a ticket! That is awful! frown.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear ya! I would love to have seen the band in the simplicity of the R&H and Joshua Tree days. Concerts these days... I don't know; they don't seem as special as they used to be.

And I would cry too, if I couldn't get a ticket! That is awful! frown.gif

Yes, the 360 tour was just too Sober. I hope they'll try something else next time, I loved how they were having fun in the zoo tv tour, I wish I saw that. have you ever been to one of their shows?  
  • Subscriber
Children are great way of getting beer and snacks from the kitchen without getting out of my comfy, comfy armchair.

roll.gifI love that, brilliant! That made me laugh

• Subscriber

[quote name='WhereIsHope wrote:

peaceloveu2']I hear ya! I would love to have seen the band in the simplicity of the R&H and Joshua Tree days. Concerts these days... I don't know; they don't seem as special as they used to be.

And I would cry too, if I couldn't get a ticket! That is awful! 
frown.gif

Yes, the 360 tour was just too Sober. I hope they'll try something else next time, I loved how they were having fun in the zoo tv tour, I wish I saw that. have you ever been to one of their shows?  

Not sure I'm allowed in here being old and past my sell by date laugh.gif (sorry Redhead but you know what I'm like when it comes to thinking out loud) but I agree, whilst this tour had a lot of 'might' to it, yes it was a bit sober and they do the fun tongue-in-cheek cool stuff sooooo well it would be good to see a return to it in some form.  Stooopid me here had the chance to see them on the ZooTV tour but was too busy studying for exams gahh, would love to be given a second chance to see something like that again

• Subscriber

Facebook does the trick. Not many U2 fans there, though, mostly people from here on Facebook. I've gotten the habit of finding Youtube videos of people that went to shows and reconstructing shows. Nice way to find some lesser known shows

U2 360 lacked might. It could've been a hell of a show if they've decided to truly rock the claw with POP tunes and older stuff like Electric Co, Wire, etc

Archived