The Fantasy Achtung Baby/Zooropa Super Deluxe Twin Edition Box Set 2011

elixirvitae

The Fantasy Achtung Baby/Zooropa Super Deluxe Twin Edition Box Set 2011(By the way, the ^ symbol is just my way of saying that something doesn't exist, nor are their plans to bring it into existence, but they COULD do it....)CONTENTS....•AUDIOAchtung Baby RemasteredB-Sides (all of them)RemixesAchtung Baby Song By Song Producer Mixes: -Lanois Mixes-Eno Mixes-Lillywhite Mixes-Flood MixesAchtung Baby Outtakes/Demos/Rehearsals/Soundtrack Versions/Alternate And Single Edits Including-the very first recording of One-Remastered Hansa Tapes ("stealing from the thieves, anyone?") -"Dogtown" Tapes -Sick Puppy-Fat Boy Session-Sinatra (early Stay)-Down All The Days (early Numb)-early Numb from AB sessions-early The Wanderer from AB sessions-Two Shots Happy One Shot Sad demo (written during the Outside Broadcast tour)-Until The End Of The World (different version from the soundtrack of the same name)-A Clockwork Orange outtakes-Wild Irish Rose-Blow Your House (Analogue Mix 1)-Near The Island (Instrumental)-Oh Berlin (Analogue Mix 1)-Heaven And Hell (In Truth Mix)-Everybody Loves A Winner   -Bottoms (early Zoo Station)-Achtung Baby Song By Song Demos-Achtung Baby Solicitation Kit Version Of One (Audio Only)-Achtung Baby Instrumentals/Accapellas*************************Zooropa RemasteredB-Sides (all of them)Remixes...Including Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (Perfecto Mix)Outtakes/Demos/Rehearsals-this is perhaps what I wanted most from the Twin set. It's well documented how much material was written during the lead up to the European summer tour of 1993. Such things as...-The Wanderer (Bono vocal)-Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me -Wake Up Dead Man-If God Will Send His Angels-If You Wear That Velvet Dress-Lose Control-Nose Job-Squidgy-In Cold Blood-Indian Jam\-Landscape-Stay (Different Version...From Faraway So Close Soundtrack)-The Wanderer (Different Version...From Faraway So Close Soundtrack)-Numb Karaoke Mix (Audio Only)-Zooropa Instrumentals/AccapellasNOTE: Crowded House released many specially chosen concert recordings via their fanclub in the last fifteen years. All soundboard recordings. Some nearly complete shows, some best of live compilations.Here's what I came up with for a similar such exercise if done by U2...Rare ZooSoundboard Safari/Zoo TV 1992-1993DISC ONE1-Dancing Queen w/Benny and Bjorn/Stockholm 11 June 19922-When Love Comes To Town/Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car/Naples 9 July 19933-Van Diemen's Land/Boston 17 March 19924-Redemption Song/Vancouver 3 November 19925-Spanish Eyes/San Sebastian 14 May 19926-Party Girl/Rotterdam 10 May 19937-Knockin' On Heaven's Door/Mexico City 24 November 19928-I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For w/Daniel Lanois/Montreal 27 August 19929-Slow Dancing/Montreal 23 March 199210-So Cruel/Foxboro 22 August 199211-Dirty Old Town/Toronto 5 September 199212-Satellite Of Love w/Lou Reed (in the flesh)/New York 30 August 199213-Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses? (Acoustic)/Tempe 24 October 199214-Dear Prudence/Tampa Bay 10 October 199215-Babyface/London 11 August 199316-Zooropa/Glasgow 8 August 199317-Bad w/Jo Shankar (violin)/London 12 August 199318-I Will Follow/Mexico City 25 November 199219-La Bamba/21 November 199220-Lost Highway/Glasgow 8 August 199321-All I Want Is You/Madison 13 September 199222-Love Is Blindness/September 1913/Aedh Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven/London 31 May 199223-Are You Lonesome Tonight?/Rotterdam 10 May 199324-Macphisto Crank Calls Helmut Kohl ("I'M BACK! I'M BAAACK!!!)/Berlin 15 June 1993DISC TWO1-One/One Tree Hill/1 December 1993 Christchurch2-Bad/Walk To The Water/Norwegian Wood/You've Got To Hide Your Love Away/Kiel 13 June 19923-Bullet The Blue Sky/America/Bologna 17 July 19934-Until The End Of The World/Rotterdam 15 June 19925-Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses? (Electric)/Rotterdam 15 June 19926-Wild Rover/Foxboro 22 August 19927-We Will Rock You/Mexico City 25 November 19928-Redemption Song/Sarajevo/Naples 9 July 19939-So Cruel/Tinley Park 15 September 199210-12/Running To Stand Still/Thanksgiving Prayer/Where The Streets Have No Name/Kansas City 18 October 199213-Desire/Moon River/Madrid 22 May 199314-Ultraviolet/My Way/Nantes 26 May 199315-Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car/God Save The Queen/Melbourne 13 November 199316-Lemon/Auckland/4 December 199317-With Or Without You/Shine Like Stars/Marquee Moon/London 31 May 199218-Love Is Blindness/"40"/Mexico City 25 November 199219-Can't Help Falling In Love/Auckland 4 December 199320-Jordan Hewson's Answering Machine Message To Macphisto Heard During U2's Encore In Dublin 28 August 1993-Zoo Radio Transmit Hosted By BP Fallon-Dublin Worldwide Telecast 28 August 1993-Outside Broadcast Rehearsal Show/Hershey 8 August 1992-Jordan's Answering Machine Message To Macphisto -Bono/Requiescat/Via telephone to RTE on World AIDS Day 1993-Negativland Ambush Edge Telephone InterviewApproximately 24 CDs In All*********************************************•VIDEO-From The Sky Down Documentary-The Videos Plus...	It would also include Love Is Blindness from the Numb video single, One from the Achtung Baby Solicitation Kit, as well as new videos^, including a treatment for One a la the 360 Tour video, with U2 in a cramped Trabant outside the Olympic Stadium in Berlin^. This could be done with old footage for each AB/Zooropa LP track. 	For example, alternate videos of the grainy b/w footage taken in Tenerife for Even Better Than The Real Thing^, in Fez for Mysterious Ways^, in Berlin for Until The End Of The World^, Hansa and STS Studios for So Cruel^,in STS showing Johnny Cash singing The Wanderer^, and after reading about the making of the Numb video in Bill Flanagan's book, I want to see all the unused Numb footage!-The Videos/Director's Commentaries-The Videos, The Cameos, And A Whole Lot Of Interference-Triplecast footage-Old Mini Documentaries...1-Zoo TV The Inside Story2-A Fistful Of Zoo TV3-Trabantland4-The Story Of One5-Missing Sarajevo-New Mini Documentaries...1-Hansa's Heroes/Bringing Up Baby In Berlin^2-Zoorophonic/The Making Of Zooropa^3-At The Mixing Desk w/Daniel Lanois and Bono...A Song By Song Commentary on Achtung Baby^4-At The Mixing Desk w/Brian Eno and The Edge...A Song By Song Commentary on Zooropa^5-Tokyo^-The Original Complete Pay-Per-View Live In Sydney Broadcast (w/Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World and Zoo Confessional reinstated, as well as the original camera angles)-Stop Sellafield Now -The Concert Video Mega StashA show from every month of the 1992-1993 world tour.For example...-Disc One/Lakeland Florida 29 February 1992-Disc Two/Boston 17 March 1992-Disc Three/Los Angeles 12 April 1992-Disc Four/Barcelona 16 May 1992-Disc Five/Stockholm 11 June 1992-Disc Six/Manchester 19 June 1992(Stop Sellafield Now Benefit)-Disc Seven/Washington D.C. 16 August 1992-Disc Eight/New York "Zoo York" 30 August 1992-Disc Nine/Detroit 9 September 1992-Disc Ten/Kansas City 18 October 1992-Disc Eleven/El Paso 27 October 1992-Disc Twelve/Mexico City 24 November 1992-Disc Thirteen/Rotterdam 9 May 1993-Disc Fourteen/Ovideo 19 May 1993-Disc Fifteen/Berlin 15 June 1993-Disc Sixteen/Basel 30 June 1993-Disc Seventeen/Verona 3 July 1993-Disc Eighteen/London 11 August 1993-Disc Nineteen/Dublin 27 August 1993-Disc Twenty/Adelaide 16 November 1993-Disc Twenty-One/Auckland/4 December 1993-Disc Twenty-Two/Tokyo 10 December 1993+BONUS VIDEO-Zoo TV Special/December 1992-Top Of The Pops/One February 1992-BBC Radio Session Footage w/Mark Goodier 13 February 1992-Rockline session footage w/"mystery caller" Bill, from Arkansas...28 August 1992-Automatic Baby/One 20 January 1993-Thalia Theatre 31 January 1993A) Bono's anti-Fascism rally speechB) Bono, Edge, and Jo Shankar performing One-Achtung Baby and Zooropa Trailers-U2 And Axl Rose/One/Vienna 24 May 1992-U2 And Daniel Lanois/I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Montreal 27 August 1992-Larry Sings Whiskey In The Jar/Foxboro 20 August 1992-Allen Ginsberg's Cigarette Smoking Rag, set to the music of Numb-The Fly Speaks Reel*-The Mirrorball Man Speaks Reel*-Macphisto Speaks Reel**NOTE: Willie Williams said in Propaganda many years ago that some great footage of Bono in character as The Fly and Macphisto were taken back in 1991-1993. It was just Bono making loads of funny quips. Some of it is seen in the Sydney documentaries, such as Bono saying "never trust a cowboy" and "if you want a cottage industry, take up knitting". I can only imagine what Macphisto might say...-Bono's Guided Tour Of Dublin^-Bono's Guided Tour Of U2's Berlin^(from behind the wheel of a Trabant)-Numb Karaoke Video-MTV's U2 Zoo TV Interview by Kurt Loder-Wild Irish Rose 1990 (From "Bringing It All Back Home"/Irish TV Broadcast)-Until The End Of The World/Freddie Mercury Tribute-Macphisto At The Vatican July 1993(I wanna say that he was filmed there, but maybe he was only photographed. I'm not sure here.)-Vidiwall VisualsThe FlyOneSatellite Of LoveWhere The Streets Have No NameWith Or Without YouLove Is Blindness-Multiangle Concert Video Clips From Sydney 27 November 1993Until The End Of The World New Year's Day Where The Streets Have No Name*********************************************•MULTIMEDIA-Achtung Baby/Zooropa song by song multi-tracks-Zoo Samples (this would include mad blurbs from the Zoo TV newscaster, The Fly, the Mirrorball Man, U2, BP Fallon, and others, as well as Zoo sound effects.)-Print Media Files/Propaganda, NME, Q, Rolling Stone, Hot Press, as well as many other publications including the August 1993 Irish Times Supplement "Zoo Times".-One/"Buffaloes" Screensaver^*********************************************•MERCHANDISE-Art Prints Wallet Including AB, Zooropa imagery and accompanying singles sleeves-92 Page Hardcover Book-Zoo Currency/USA/ECU-"Z" badges from Zooropa Royal Guard Uniforms-Macphisto Horns-Fly Shades-Die-cast Mini-Trabant replica w/One-single artwork/imagery (1/43 scale)-Single And Album Promotional Postcards For AB/Z, all singles-Coupon And/Or Rebate For One Zoo TV Tour Soundboard Recording Of Your Choosing-U 2 Sterling Rings-Zoo TV/Zooropa Tour Laminates-Zoo Condoms-Achtung Baby Roadmap-Press Photos Wallet********************************************•EASTER EGGS-Bono's Tour Bus Stand-Up Comedy/Drunk Lounge Singer Routine/Extended Clip (see Even Better Than The Real Thing Remix video and page 79 of Until The End Of The World)-Elvira Wishes Larry Mullen Jr A Happy Birthday Onstage/Los Angeles 31 October 1992-The Mirrorball Man And Winona "The Flea" Ryder Take Manhattan********************************************Nevermind that it'll probably never happen. How much would you pay for it?Also, the vidiwall segment with Lou Reed is great, but I've always wondered why they didn't try the same thing with Johnny Cash. After Can't Help Falling In Love, closing shows with Cash on the screen, giving that deranged benediction....I always thought that would have been fantastic!

As I said, there's not much chance of it happening, but the keyword is Fantasy.

It's a dream sheet. Nothing more.

However, it's not impossible, just improbable.

Most of what I've listed is stuff that we know exists.

As Bono put it, "dream out loud".

Bump this thread higher and higher, get everyone interested, and who knows what might happen and who might see it?

The Internet itself was unlikely once, same with a Bill of Rights.

I'm very doubtful about doubt.

In the meantime, yes, it's a fantasy.

For now.

If it was announced a year in advance that an expensive item like this would be released, but the announcement came a year in advance of the release, most of could buy it.

Perhaps a petition is in order.

To add your name to a petition wouldn't be hard, and it could get the ball rolling.

Look, I shook Edge's and Bono's hand, got Bono's autograph, Dallas Schoo's autograph, as well as Joe o'herhily's, Dennis Sheehan's. Had I said to myself, "no chance", then the result is obvious. I believe we have power as fans. I think we should use it.

• Subscriber
If it was announced a year in advance that an expensive item like this would be released, but the announcement came a year in advance of the release, most of could buy it.

Perhaps a petition is in order.

To add your name to a petition wouldn't be hard, and it could get the ball rolling.

Look, I shook Edge's and Bono's hand, got Bono's autograph, Dallas Schoo's autograph, as well as Joe o'herhily's, Dennis Sheehan's. Had I said to myself, "no chance", then the result is obvious. I believe we have power as fans. I think we should use it.

Mate I love a good petition.

Anyways, welcome to the Zoo, and don't mind us, we're a cheeky mob!