*FEEDBACK ONLY: WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A Fan Photo Contest (REVISED)----your thoughts?

xtraspicy62

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea.....however..........why not seek to make it the official calendar for 2012 and donate the profits to Amnesty, Greenpeace, RED or ONE? PM can give the yay or nay to the idea.

You'd get more entries and better quality photos and the thrill of having one of your pics in the official U2 calendar.....exciting happy.gif

that was my original idea, to donate the proceeds to charity...but I was told I would never get approved because it involved asking for money. 

But I think thats because I was official, or a mod when I asked to do this.

Now, what I need the mods to let me know is, if I can ask for money for charity, now that I'm "unofficial."

I can set it up on cafepress.com, I think, by opening up a store for just us, and submitting the winning 12 photos for a calendar.

cafepress would make it for a base price.

they would add on a commission to that base price.

I have asked them if that can be directed into a charity, and havent heard back yet from customer service.

I think i will have to call them directly to get the answer.

there might be some problems with asking for money, and even though it would go to charity, it might not be approved.

Since Im just a fan now. I was hoping I could do this...and not have to worry about be officially approved...

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

carriemunky']What about the one of me and my wife in our wedding outfits in front of the claw? I dont know how to post it on this page

I know I definitely want your picture on my wall. its great!

Matthew, do you get www.photobucket.com by you?

Im going to save this to my hard drive, have you?

then you can upload it for free to photobucket.com when yu open a free account with them.

when you save it to your photo album, photobucket will give your photo a code that you can use to post your picture on this site....

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

aussiegirl']Great idea.....however..........why not seek to make it the official calendar for 2012 and donate the profits to Amnesty, Greenpeace, RED or ONE? PM can give the yay or nay to the idea.

You'd get more entries and better quality photos and the thrill of having one of your pics in the official U2 calendar.....exciting 
happy.gif

that was my original idea, to donate the proceeds to charity...but I was told I would never get approved because it involved asking for money. 

But I think thats because I was official, or a mod when I asked to do this.

Now, what I need the mods to let me know is, if I can ask for money for charity, now that I'm "unofficial."

I can set it up on cafepress.com, I think, by opening up a store for just us, and submitting the winning 12 photos for a calendar.

cafepress would make it for a base price.

they would add on a commission to that base price.

I have asked them if that can be directed into a charity, and havent heard back yet from customer service.

I think i will have to call them directly to get the answer.

there might be some problems with asking for money, and even though it would go to charity, it might not be approved.

Since Im just a fan now. I was hoping I could do this...and not have to worry about be officially approved...

bump