*FEEDBACK ONLY: WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A Fan Photo Contest (REVISED)----your thoughts?

xtraspicy62

• Subscriber

oh boy, I think that the photos from fans on this site are the property of U2.com, and there fore could not be sold.

My photos are mine - and posting them on this public site does not make them anyone else's property.

The photos are mine to share or not as I see fit.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

xtraspicy62']
oh boy, I think that the photos from fans on this site are the property of U2.com, and there fore could not be sold.

My photos are mine - and posting them on this public site does not make them anyone else's property.

The photos are mine to share or not as I see fit.

When I read the terms of service, it can be confusing as to what it all means...anyone else finding that?

I believe that it says that anything that is posted on u2.com is now their property ....

so the confusion comes in on that part there....

(are the posted fan pictures, their property now as well as yours?)

Anyone else not sure, 'cause I'm positive Im not alone on that question...

this has come up in the past on this site, for discussion, and I dont remember what was said...

Great idea.....however..........why not seek to make it the official calendar for 2012 and donate the profits to Amnesty, Greenpeace, RED or ONE? PM can give the yay or nay to the idea.

You'd get more entries and better quality photos and the thrill of having one of your pics in the official U2 calendar.....exciting happy.gif

Maybe thats why the mods are not responding, because they are waiting for official approval from u2.com/PM...

yes, then it would print nicely, but then the prize might be from the u2 shop, or even better, related to achtung baby.

I'd be willing to give a few photos toward this endeavor but u2.com will not be able to stop me from reusing it for other than this endeavor. I'm not planning to sell my photos but if I choose to make 24x36 (or larger) posters as gifts from my photos for U2 friends/fans, I will do so.

So "property of u2.com" is subject to shyeah right clause.