ATOMIC BOMB...........terrific

joshthetree

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I love 'Fast Cars' - but then I don't think this was on the American version. Having said that I think this was a pointer to the direction that NLOTH would take, and would probably have sat better on NLOTH, leaving room for something like 'Mercy'.....

This isn't a criticism of HTDAAB, just my view.....

• Subscriber

I love 'Fast Cars' - but then I don't think this was on the American version. Having said that I think this was a pointer to the direction that NLOTH would take, and would probably have sat better on NLOTH, leaving room for something like 'Mercy'.....

This isn't a criticism of HTDAAB, just my view.....

I much morepreferred the song when it was called Xanax & Wine. Another songthey changed the lryics. As for Mercy, I think Mercy(the original) and Xanax& Wine on the same album would fit. Anyway, "Fast Cars" is in theCollector's Edition. For the longest time didn't know I had.

• Subscriber

Medium, Rare and Remastered and the Apple Compleet U2 include some really great studio outtakes from the atomic bomb sessions, pity Mercy never showed up, wonder if it will on the next album?

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb had two No 1 UK singles too =0)

• Subscriber

It's a fantastic album, not much of a fan of A Man and A Woman or One Step Closer; but recently discovered Crumbs, wonderful song.

The first half is awesome, especially COBL. Still I think the band shouldn't try to recreate another Bomb with future albums and instead find a new sound. It's good music but I like U2 experimenting at its best

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb best U2 album in the world.....ever!
mmmmmmmmm.....ever....dunno about that....lol

however if it hadn't been for Sometimes i would probably never have got back into the whole u2 thing....(i know a LOT of folk are now cursing that song for getting me back into it)

• Subscriber

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

joshthetree']How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb best U2 album in the world.....ever!

mmmmmmmmm.....ever....dunno about that....lol

however if it hadn't been for Sometimes i would probably never have got back into the whole u2 thing....(i know a LOT of folk are now cursing that song for getting me back into it)

LOL! Bash... you kill me. 'Sometimes' is the one song that I often skip over. It is just entirely too painful and emotional for me as it reminds me too much of my own father. Not a bad emotion thing just too powerful to deal with at times.

Atomic Bomb being the best work of U2 ever? It's all a matter of opinion and what grabs you personally, but I'd have to disagree. Good collection of songs, but best ever? I don't know. I'd probably have to give that nod to Achtung Baby if pressed to choose, however, I like the idea of thinking that U2 hasn't given us the best ever yet and there's still more brilliance to come.