Hurricane a brewing!!!!

wahine

This freaking hurricane is scaring me!!!!!!!! Richard Bransons place, Necker Island, burned to the ground last night during it, it's starting to turn into a monster! IT BETTER TURN! I AM IN NO MOOD FOR A STORM, I have a brand new baby squirrel I am trying to nurse back, my son is up on the Outer Banks, in NC, I have no evacuation cages for my animals..I am sketched out. Starting to remind me of a Floyd, Andrew or Hugo type of storm. I am not comfortable sitting in my beach house on the east coast of Florida right now.

• Subscriber

Wahine, there's no trying to reason with hurricane season.  (Now there's a song for you!  LOL)  Yeh, I don't like any hurricanes that start with "I" cause it makes me think of Ivan the Terrible who kicked our asses out here in P'Cola.  Better get your animal prep ready, just in case!  May Irene stay way out in the Atlantic! 

Helen, that poor town! F3 Tornado, 200 mph winds http://www.mlive.com/news...tive_describes_torn.html

Those are the storms that went north of us Monday night across upper Wisconsin and Michigan. I even went out and bought a small generator because they were forecasting bad storms again for us Monday night. This has been a terrible summer for a good portion of the USA. One severe storm after another. The worst one for us was July 11th that hit our area really bad, worst I've ever seen here in my whole life. The Midwest has been battered and Texas has dried up.  A third of Joplin, MO was literally destroyed, Arkansas had bad tornados in the Spring, so did most most of the southeast.

The East Coast is now in for a major problem with Hurricane Irene. I hope it weakens a lot once it hits the North Carolina outer banks, it'll weaken but who knows how much. As it moves north the cooler waters will weaken it also, but I'm afraid it's going to cause a lot of heartache for a lot of people this weekend no matter what it does. Maybe it'll turn a bit to the East into the Atlantic.

Wahine, Florida lucked out with this hurricane.

This hurricane doesn't even compare to what happened in Joplin, MO with an F5 tornado in May or New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina where over 1800 people died. Hurricanes you have plenty of time to get out or be prepared, tornado's you get maybe a minute or two notice. 160 people were killed in Joplin, 7,000 homes flattened and 850 others badly destroyed. Schools and hospitals were wrecked. Almost all the people in Irene's path will still have their homes and loved ones, not so in Joplin or New Orleans. Fortunately Irene isn't as bad as they thought it would be and a few of the 7 or 8 that have already died were because of their own stupidity. I feel terrible for the 11 year old boy in Virginia who died from a tree falling on his house. Even a reporter who was reporting from Virginia Beach was disgusted with the people walking and driving around while Irene was barrelling down on them. You could see all the traffic on the coastal road he was on. Then of course cars got stuck in the flooding and there were car accidents with a person dying. Gee, maybe they should listen to authorities when they tell people to get out of the area or hunker down in your homes. The Governor of New Jersey had a press conference yesterday and he literally was yelling that people need to get off the beach, your tanning time is up.

They'll have their power back in a few days, a week or a little more at the most, and some will have to clean up their homes from the flooding and trees doing some damage, etc. When you live along an ocean or decide to build a house on the beach you have to realize hurricanes and tropical storms will happen.

• Subscriber

they are evacuating my street.  I'm staying put for now.  just flooding.  they're closing work, so i have a paid day off !!  there is less damage than expected on the east coast.  I'll help out tomorow if  it's needed, although I may start smoking !smokin.gifhappy.gif

• Subscriber

Take care Hestia, stay safe. 

I've been keeping a close eye on the news, my friend in in New York on holiday for the week but looks like most people are safe and unhurt, thankfully