What would you ask Adam if you met him in person?

TheVacantLot

• Subscriber

Hey Monica,

this is where I think sometimes people can misinterpret what is written online. You know we have all experienced it, if you write something to someone in an email, and they misunderstand the context.

I appreciate the link, I will definately look at it. I am grateful to you for providing it. Thanks.

If you really wanted to ask them something directly, you could go onto twitter and put a message up there. You could put a direct question here on the message board I am sure you would get a response. Or you could contact them directly through management. Either way I am sure you will get a response of some sort. Is that what you mean?

Not all artists are aloof and stand offish. I can think of someone who was totally busted in the media of being a complete and utter snob recently. Don't worry it wasn't anyone here. I will give you a hint....Venice.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Ok to be fair I will start.

My ideal setting, I would like to sit down and have an afternoon tea with Adam, I would have a heart to heart and would ask him "Adam, Naomi Campbell? Really? What were you thinking?".

(oooo I am gonna cop sh!t for this one). or might end up wearing my tea.

roll.gifhmmmm well yes indeedroll.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

TheVacantLot']Ok to be fair I will start.

My ideal setting, I would like to sit down and have an afternoon tea with Adam, I would have a heart to heart and would ask him "Adam, Naomi Campbell? Really? What were you thinking?".

(oooo I am gonna cop sh!t for this one). or might end up wearing my tea.

roll.gifhmmmm well yes indeedroll.gif

No I am with you on that one - what was he thinking????

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

TheVacantLot wrote:

Elaine1202']

Hey, just thought.... that's what I'd ask Adam - have you got Edge's telephone number?
laugh.gifembarassed.gif

Who's Edge?
laugh.gif
 Is he the quiet one?

Not too sure who he is - some kind of wizard i have heard!!! happy.gif

Edge + wizard = Gandalf hat! 

Sorry, off the Adam topic....couldn't help myself.

• Subscriber

Hey Monica,

this is where I think sometimes people can misinterpret what is written online. You know we have all experienced it, if you write something to someone in an email, and they misunderstand the context.

I appreciate the link, I will definately look at it. I am grateful to you for providing it. Thanks.

If you really wanted to ask them something directly, you could go onto twitter and put a message up there. You could put a direct question here on the message board I am sure you would get a response. Or you could contact them directly through management. Either way I am sure you will get a response of some sort. Is that what you mean?

Not all artists are aloof and stand offish. I can think of someone who was totally busted in the media of being a complete and utter snob recently. Don't worry it wasn't anyone here. I will give you a hint....Venice.

you seemed the one not to like twitter to ask something to the boys

mine was just a joke about it :)

• Subscriber

[quote name='monica martino wrote:

TheVacantLot']Hey Monica,

you seemed the one not to like twitter to ask something to the boys

mine was just a joke about it :)

Hello, I mean message them directly on twitter, or tweet them directly if you have something you need to ask them. I would think. I hope I am not being misunderstood again because I am chatting online. I am talking about the difference if you contact someone directly or if you talk in a discussion such as #theskydown, or it could be "inside the actors studio" etc etc.

My sister is an academic and studied politics years ago and can articulate this better than I. Here's what I mean, the medium creates an illusion of intimacy when in fact it creates a wider gap between the audience and artist. Music is a medium, people who create music are the same as people who work in hospitals (trust me on that one) or police officers or any other job. smokin.gif

Music itself is rife with ego. It's nauseating. I am from the school of not perpetuating that. My own experience can be as simple as going into the Music Junction (music shop) to buy some new strings for the evening gig with the lead guitarist, only to be treated with contempt by the sales assistant (because I am a woman and unknown).  Then the guitar guy comes out from the back, saying "oh hi, the washburn right?"..........."where are you playing?"....I tell him "Kellys" then the sales assistants attitude instantly I mean instantly changes. It goes all the way up the food chain in music. When you are accepted by people for that reason, it is as repulsive as when they reject you. For real.

So getting back to my original point, if the medium being used to profile the artist excludes, segregates, puts others in to categories or classes, then it's not really my thing. Having said that, not everyone is me, I am still happy to watch the discussion. And I do sincerely appreciate you telling us about the other. Hope all is clear and I hope we are good mates after all this!