How are you remembering 9-11's Tenth Anniversary?

illumination70

I'm just curious to know how you are going to remembering the 10th anniversary of September 11TH?  As for me, I'm planning of donating some coffee or beer to soldiers through a couple of companies (Green Beans Coffee or Miller High Life) and lighting a candle at dusk.

Enough about me,what are you doing?

((Bump))
Illum, nice thread...

Been watching some shows on the news and on PBS Frontline and such....BBC world news has been covering it...

might go to a memorial service with police and firefighters....

also tonight, been saying prayers for our countries safety....quite a lot...like every few minutes....

was remembering were i was when I heard the news....and what 911 did to change my life forever....

a question was asked on a show about how it affected your faith, and I have to say it strengthened mine....

I'm going to talk to my 19 yr old son about his memories and feelings about that day.  And I'm going to pray that our country can somehow drop the vitriol and come together for the greater good.
Talked to my 19 year old son last night about it.  He said he remembers it at the time, but having just turned 9 at that time, he did not fully comprehend what happened that day.  Over the years he's done his own research regarding 9/11 and watched various documentaries, specials, so he's done a good job educating himself about it. That day I had just put him on the bus to school and gone back into the house to get ready for work and learned about it all on the way to work in the car.  He remembers walking into his classroom and the teacher was crying and didn't understand why.  Teacher had the tv on and later the schools were told to keep tv's off for all grades below 6th grade.

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

illumination70'] I donated another cup of coffee for our troops and said a prayer for their safe return home to the USA.

you are a youre special young lady, Illum, always trying to help others and do good in the world....

god bless your heart
Aww, thanks Xtra,that means a lot to me!!!

((HUGS))

• Subscriber

[quote name='surrenders wrote:

birdsong']I'm going to talk to my 19 yr old son about his memories and feelings about that day.  And I'm going to pray that our country can somehow drop the vitriol and come together for the greater good.

Talked to my 19 year old son last night about it.  He said he remembers it at the time, but having just turned 9 at that time, he did not fully comprehend what happened that day.  Over the years he's done his own research regarding 9/11 and watched various documentaries, specials, so he's done a good job educating himself about it. That day I had just put him on the bus to school and gone back into the house to get ready for work and learned about it all on the way to work in the car.  He remembers walking into his classroom and the teacher was crying and didn't understand why.  Teacher had the tv on and later the schools were told to keep tv's off for all grades below 6th grade.

My son had fallen down and skinned up his knee just before we left for school so he was late.  When we walked in, all the office workers were staring at the TV screen, so I did too, then we stared at each other, then at my little son.  Then they turned off the TV quickly.  I was so glad they decided not to let the little kids know about it and let the parents tell them.

On the car radio I heard about the Pentagon.  I remember looking up at the beautiful blue Florida sky,  thinking "anything could happen now." 

Birdsong, I remember just sitting in the car when I got to work thinking we were possibly under attack, more to come, because they said there were other planes still unaccounted for and then I heard about Flight 93 in Shanksville, PA. I too remember it being a perfectly beautiful September day in Chicago also, clear blue sky. I remember my niece was in 5th grade at a different school and they kept the TV on for the older kids to watch. She came home and told her parents how they saw people jumping from the buildings. My brother, her dad, was so upset he went to the principal the next morning and laid into him about having the kids watch it all happen on the tv.