No Rattle and Hum remaster? Doesn't look like it here....

MacFoley

• Subscriber

"It was such a good experience for both of us (him and The Edge), the conversation just continued. And when I heard they were considering doing a movie aboutAchtung Baby, I got very excited. It's a very seminal moment in their life as a band. Just before it was their highest high (the success of The Joshua Tree) and during it was their lowest low (Rattle and Hum's documentary/CD backlash) and out of that came their most profound reinvention."

So the band were at their lowest high during Rattle and Hum? Doesn't look like a remaster will be on the horizon then.

If they have said this about Rattle and Hum being a low point, it doesn't look good for Pop either does it.....

This interview was taken from here.....

• Subscriber

"It was such a good experience for both of us (him and The Edge), the conversation just continued. And when I heard they were considering doing a movie aboutAchtung Baby, I got very excited. It's a very seminal moment in their life as a band. Just before it was their highest high (the success of The Joshua Tree) and during it was their lowest low (Rattle and Hum's documentary/CD backlash) and out of that came their most profound reinvention."

So the band were at their lowest high during Rattle and Hum? Doesn't look like a remaster will be on the horizon then.

If they have said this about Rattle and Hum being a low point, it doesn't look good for Pop either does it.....

This interview was taken from here.....

I always just presumed that R&H would never be remastered as classed it more of a soundtrack than a CD - if that makes any sense! 

• Subscriber

i just never thought with songs like desire, hawkmoon, god part 2, hearland, all i want is you, angel of harlem, when love comes to town that the band thought it was a shite album. shite enough to them not to remaster it.....

and there is the soundtrack album too, yes....but it is still an island records album, a u2 album that is counted in their discography.....

you dig?!?!!??!

• Subscriber

i just never thought with songs like desire, hawkmoon, god part 2, hearland, all i want is you, angel of harlem, when love comes to town that the band thought it was a shite album. shite enough to them not to remaster it.....

and there is the soundtrack album too, yes....but it is still an island records album, a u2 album that is counted in their discography.....

you dig?!?!!??!

I dig tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif LMAO!!!

And how can they think it is crap - I love it! So many amazing songs. maybe they took the backlash too personally and decided it wasn't good enough from the views of others.

• Subscriber

infact could achtung baby with its zooropa addition be the LAST of the remasters?

if they DONT remaster Rattle and Hum and Pop.....Behind, Bomb and Horizon certainly wont need rematering for a good while when new tech is out in the future.....

we have had all the albums remastered boy, october, war, unforgettable fire, joshua tree from the 80's

achtung and zooropa from the 90's

• Subscriber

infact could achtung baby with its zooropa addition be the LAST of the remasters?

if they DONT remaster Rattle and Hum and Pop.....Behind, Bomb and Horizon certainly wont need rematering for a good while when new tech is out in the future.....

we have had all the albums remastered boy, october, war, unforgettable fire, joshua tree from the 80's

achtung and zooropa from the 90's

But if they don't remaster anything AB how can they make extra cash from uber deluxe box sets?

• Subscriber

god knows! suppose they can re-release the gigs on blu ray! dont know to be honest. id be happy if they decided to stop releasing music tomorrow. the collection is boss! ok a new album first, just to see if they still got it!

but seriously wouldnt have a hunch if they decided to stop releasing remasters.

a box set of rare songs and outakes would be nice......

maybe they will start releasing gigs on cd to buy on the next tour?

expect some sort of best of at a xmas near you......

u2 will always make money, even when they split up!

• Subscriber

Would love more concert CDs (although do have most lol!!!) but official ones etc....

And of course they have still got it - but another album would still be great - and a tour to go with it too - pretty please (with a DVD and CD of it lol!)

But a best of? As much as I love them - what would they put on it? Since the last greatest hits they have become so much more of an album band. I'd love to see a fanclub rare releases instead (not Duals though!!!)

• Subscriber

god knows!!! hahaha about the best of!

best of 2000-2010 i would say it could be?

But not as many singles only 14. And four of those are on U218 or another greatest.
So a 10 track greatest hits is not that many tracks in all!