#THESKYDOWN Live Thread

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

WOW! It was emotional to hear Bono speak that final truth about where he feels the band is right now - the edge of irrelevance. But I know out of that will come renewal once again.

Still, did anyone find that moment tough? Yet beautiful?  

probably the most "open" (for lack of a better/accurate word) I've seen Bono in a lot of time...

they - or at least him - must be doing a lot of thinking these days...

[quote name='SacredRose wrote:

daltonsisters']WOW! It was emotional to hear Bono speak that final truth about where he feels the band is right now - the edge of irrelevance. But I know out of that will come renewal once again.

Still, did anyone find that momnent tough? Yet beautiful?  

Yes...I felt the emotion myself

Me, too.

• Community Moderator

Perdonad que vuelva hablar en Español pero ya acabo? se me fue la imagen y el sonido en mitad de una respuesta de bono y lleva asi minutos
Si... la conferencia de prensa ya termino...
  • Subscriber

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

Anjana']BW thanx for the feed, it was guuuud! Great way to start the weekend. Cheers m'dears

See ya later everyone

Ciao cutie - enjoy your holidays.

Cheers Helen, I'll be nipping in and out to say hello here and there no doubt (can't stay away!!) xx

Why did Bono say the band is coming to an end?

He didn't say it was coming to an end.  He said that it was on the verge of irrelevance - think Oldie Band and "Yeah I used to really like them back in the day" - and that they were going to have to keep pushing and re-inventing themselves to stay relevant.  That's my take on it anyway