#THESKYDOWN Live Thread

• Subscriber

[quote name='Max Tsukino wrote:

daltonsisters']WOW! It was emotional to hear Bono speak that final truth about where he feels the band is right now - the edge of irrelevance. But I know out of that will come renewal once again.

Still, did anyone find that moment tough? Yet beautiful?  

probably the most "open" (for lack of a better/accurate word) I've seen Bono in a lot of time...

they - or at least him - must be doing a lot of thinking these days...

He seemed a bit down to me

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='sanid wrote:

MacFoley']Why did Bono say the band is coming to an end?

He didn't say it was coming to an end.  He said that it was on the verge of irrelevance - think Oldie Band and "Yeah I used to really like them back in the day" - and that they were going to have to keep pushing and re-inventing themselves to stay relevant.  That's my take on it anyway

My thought exactly. I think that's why they haven't released another album with everything they have. Want to really release something new for them. Makes sense.
  • Subscriber

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

Max Tsukino wrote:

daltonsisters']WOW! It was emotional to hear Bono speak that final truth about where he feels the band is right now - the edge of irrelevance. But I know out of that will come renewal once again.

probably the most "open" (for lack of a better/accurate word) I've seen Bono in a lot of time...

I sensed that too. It seemed to me that he either hated the film, or Davis Guggenheim. or both.

• Community Moderator

[quote name='enigmatic2 wrote:

Anjana wrote:

Max Tsukino']probably the most "open" (for lack of a better/accurate word) I've seen Bono in a lot of time...

I sensed that too. It seemed to me that he either hated the film, or Davis Guggenheim. or both.I don't think that was the case... I would think that the thing he hated was to feel exposed...

• Community Moderator

Maybe it's just me.....but that interview made me sad. frown.gif

And so the rumors begin...

Just seen several posts on FB and Twitter with information from this interview that I didn't hear.

Band never going to tour again... may release another album but never play in public again...

Its the end of the tour, Bono is tired (late night, tired of talking about U2 after the tour... who knows?)... I say give them a few months off because hell, after that long on the road you might not feel like playing for a while, then we'll see...

Like Max said... patience... zen

• Subscriber

enigmatic2 wrote:

Anjana']

I sensed that too. It seemed to me that he either hated the film, or Davis Guggenheim. or both.
I don't think that was the case... I would think that the thing he hated was to feel exposed...

Well, sure, but I just can't recall him actually praising the film or director *at all*. Hope you're right!