U2 Illuminati - want a laugh check this out.....

MacFoley

• Subscriber

we can't blame Bono for trying to fix the problem.

Not blaming Bono ...but find myself questioning some of his political leanings, involvements, and to a certain extent, the degree of his sincerity or maybe his self-awareness in world affairs. How does he reconcile them? His message has become a bit simplistic for me. Drop the debt to the poorest countries, provide food and AIDS medicines and then what? All will be well? But no amount of foreign aid will change the power structure as it exists now and always has..... of which I'm wondering to what extent he has become a part of? 

And maybe he hasn't simplified it to that extent - I'm not sure. Then he writes songs like Moment of Surrender, Magnificent, White as Snow, and Breathe and I'm so moved by the depth and complexity in them. So beautiful! It's hard to reconcile Bono the musician, and Bono the political "activist" -  or Bono, the politician! (I think it's safe to refer to him as that at this point). But life is full of contradiction, I guess. 

And the pharmaceutical companies role in all this...they're not exactly doing only good in the world. It's a big beast. Medicine is big business - keeping people hooked and quite often, ill as a way to control. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

[quote name='daltonsisters wrote:

hestia']

Not blaming Bono ...but find myself questioning some of his political leanings, involvements, and to a certain extent, the degree of his sincerity or maybe his self-awareness in world affairs. How does he reconcile them? His message has become a bit simplistic for me. Drop the debt to the poorest countries, provide food and AIDS medicines and then what? All will be well? But no amount of foreign aid will change the power structure as it exists now and always has..... of which I'm wondering to what extent he has become a part of? 

And maybe he hasn't simplified it to that extent - I'm not sure. Then he writes songs like Moment of Surrender, Magnificent, White as Snow, and Breathe and I'm so moved by the depth and complexity in them. So beautiful! It's hard to reconcile Bono the musician, and Bono the political "activist" -  or Bono, the politician! (I think it's safe to refer to him as that at this point). But life is full of contradiction, I guess. 

And the pharmaceutical companies role in all this...they're not exactly doing only good in the world. It's a big beast. Medicine is big business - keeping people hooked and quite often, ill as a way to control. 

He's a rock star with big ideas and money to try to put his ideas out there.  If you love the music of U2, then love it.  And keep it separate from what Bono does as the activist.  That's what I do, because God knows that Bono the Activist gets on my nerves.  And remember above all, there was only one person that was perfect, and his name is not Bono.

'AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered'

AHK BAY

Look what I found:

Kobie Swart

kobie.swart@ahkgroup.com

AHK Richards Bay

PO Box 2366 

Richards Bay 3900

T +27 357 897 898 

F +27 357 898 784 

ahk.rbay@ahkgroup.com

Laboratory (Metals and Minerals / Coal)

Sample preparation facilities

Also: sample preparation facilities in Johannesburg and Durban.

http://www.ahkgroup.com/contact-us/africa/south-africa

'AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered'

AHK BAY

Look what I found:

Kobie Swart

kobie.swart@ahkgroup.com

AHK Richards Bay

PO Box 2366 

Richards Bay 3900

T +27 357 897 898 

F +27 357 898 784 

ahk.rbay@ahkgroup.com

Laboratory (Metals and Minerals / Coal)

Sample preparation facilities

Also: sample preparation facilities in Johannesburg and Durban.

http://www.ahkgroup.com/contact-us/africa/south-africa

• Subscriber

i think in all honesty its a little whacky for me, and i think america is obsessed with this kind of thing to be honest. yest bono does hang around with some dodgy people and members of u2 dont like it and some fans dont like it. ok i dont like it myself, but to call him a satanic illuminati puppet is kind of out there? right????

• Subscriber

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

daltonsisters wrote:

hestia']

He's a rock star with big ideas and money to try to put his ideas out there.  If you love the music of U2, then love it.  And keep it separate from what Bono does as the activist.  That's what I do, because God knows that Bono the Activist gets on my nerves.  And remember above all, there was only one person that was perfect, and his name is not Bono.

By this way, a lot of this is just me rambling......all could change next week. LOL! I'm sure I will still love their music, but just trying to pinpoint this shift somewhere in me.

Like, I've always seen Bono as displaying the rarest warmth of any being - it was beautiful and seemed to come so natural to him. He appeared to not have any mask or armouring as most people do - just expressed truthfully and it was beautiful - very unique in my eyes. But now, I guess I'm starting to see a sort of coolness setting in somewhere?? ..it's subtle...maybe this is also why I question the sincerity. Makes me a bit sad for that other warmer, realer Bono. But I know that warmth is still there somewhere ..I noticed it when he put his arms around that little girl at the Clinton thing.....it seemed to be there again in that moment.