U2 Illuminati - want a laugh check this out.....

MacFoley

• Subscriber

[quote name='mdmomof7 wrote:

MacFoley']Well we all know Larry, Edge and Bono were part of a christian group. Larry likes to keep his faith personal. Doesn't like to talk about it much. But then doesn't the bible teach to not be ashamed to believe in God? Not to hide the lord? Speak out in high volumes? But Larry's choice is his own and i guess we will never know. 

From the little I know of the Christian group they were in when they were young, it seems charismatic. If so, then it wouldn't be a leap to be drawn to Catholicism. Plus, I think Bono is a seeker. I wouldn't turn down an audience with the Pope. Truth is truth when it's His truth and you'd know that right away in speaking with someone. Regardless of one's religion, the Pope is a powerful figure, and if he can be a figure for good, then so be it. I can completely understand Bono wanting a conversation with such a person. 

I was raised Roman Catholic and I do know that many RC's have gone through a RC program called Renew. Their description of it made me think they truly were taught about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a direct, father/child, intimate relationship apart from an intermediary to speak through. Right to the source it was. For example, my mother definitely loves the Lord, but she adds in all sorts of stuff and likes the Charismatic Catholic church. Do I doubt her salvation? No. Do all her additions detract from Jesus Christ, yes. 

I get the impression that Bono is still seeking. He hasn't fully rested in who Christ is and what He has done for him, for all. He's somewhere on the journey of Psalm 1. Somewhere in Bono there seems a very works oriented mentality and that is definitely Catholic. It's not that Protestants don't teach works. My understanding is that in Catholicism works tend to be a means of salvation. On the Protestant teaching, works are an outworking of a thankful heart. As one is sanctified, one realizes more and more how far we miss the mark. It's the grateful heart that wants to do His work here on earth. 

I think when I hear U2's music, I bring my beliefs to bear upon them. Likely, we all do. You could say it was a god w/ a little g or god w/ a Capital G. That is why it makes us think, just as you said, Mac.

As for Bono dressing the part of Satan, I think that is something a Christian could/would do in the context of making a point. Which, I believe, Bono was trying to do. I didn't see his schtick as glorifying Satan, rather it was illuminating Satan's playground. Again, maybe this is my personal beliefs put upon what U2 was trying to do. I don't know? Plus, at this time, Bono was admittedly searching. 

To me it's not over until it's over. Bono, or anyone, may wander. Some say that IF you die during your wandering then you aren't saved. I say, who are you to judge? Is God not God? Is what He did changed by what you do? If you are His, then it's done. He won't let you go. What you recognize of it, at any given point in time, does not change what He has done. Did you come to your faith on your own? Was it not His Spirit that prompted you? 

Oh, and I don't mind Christians having money. If someone who wants to do good doesn't make money then they have none to give to good works. Money gets a bad wrap. It's the love of money and not loving people that is the problem. We are all sinners and we are tempted, yes we are. Bono particularly has had to live out his journey in front of us all. I appreciate that he is who he is. I also very much hope that he, ultimately, has not/will not be deceived.

As for embracing all religions in Yahweh - Judaism, Christianity and Islam trace their lineage at least to Abraham. What Bono and the Yahweh video don't drive home is the fulfillment of each of these religions. Only one, Christianity, is based not on what man does or attains.

Clearly, U2 is not solely a Christian band, but neither are many that I enjoy that have a broader message that may prick someone's conscience and be used by Him to draw them to Himself.

Now I should apologize for going on...but Mac, you don't need to apologize. I very much enjoy the dialog. Thinking is underrated. 
wink.gif

Edge, well....again, a more personal relationship with God? It is hard to tell because he again doesn't speak of his beliefs apart from in "joke" form. Being a Zen Buddhist, a keeper of the peace, a calm fellow.

Bono is very interesting.....a Christian? Hard to tell really. A Christian would not visit a Roman Catholic Pope and accept a rosemary bead with Jesus being crucified on it? Maybe it was out of respect? Would a Christian dress up as the devil to mock him? Or is it stagecraft to entertain the Zootops? He does go to church Bono does, and talks to alot of priests, and he sings about God, but not once has he said he LOVES Jesus Christ. If he has please provide me a quote or some youtube footage. Then i will think different.

Ok so say Bono, Edge and Larry are Christians....the Yahweh video is NO WAY a Christian message. Subliminal messaging as we don't know it, but symbols that are not of God. But you could look at it as ALL RELIGIONS UNDER ONE GOD, a very much new age way of looking at things. But then also you could argue that a NEW WORLD ORDER UNDER ONE GOD, links towards Illuminati.

This is why i love U2 so much, there is so much to talk about. But when i listen to some of the lyrics now, i do often think what is Bono really saying here.

As for U2 being a Christian band? I don't know if im honest. Would a Christian band want to make so much profit/money or would they do it for the glory of God and Jesus Christ? They certainly sing alot about God, doesn't mean they are a Christian band.....

Ok sorry for going on, just saying my thoughts.....

good points you raise, but for me there are still questions on what u2 believe if im honest...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

This is in my opinion the Ultimate thread.

I remember now the message "Religion is a club". For me, a club, is a group of people with a common goal. But not everybody can get into that club. For me, that's the message, religion is something exclusive. That's interesting because according to old apocriphal manuscripts the history, and specially about Jesus, was quite different from the Bible tales. The idea i remember most is that the important thing wasn't the faith at all, the important thing was the knowledge. As some of you said this give the idea that we don´t need intermediares to have a relationship with god. This obviously is not conveniant at all for the churches.

So knowledge. A kind of metaphisic idea. You don´t need the churches, you need to know god, at the end you are ONE with the divine. This idea is in the manuscripts. You have to eat from the tree of good and bad (sorry my English), you have to know to achieve a place with the divine.

And the Bible mostly takes ancient egyptian mythology (and from other cultures) but changing things to install the priests and patriarcal society where woman is described almost like a demon. Mary Magdalena was totally denied as Jesus companion, instead she was described as a prostitute.

I think the message from U2 (specially Bono) is in there. Religions are clubs when there is one god. Women of the future hold the big revelations. He said he things in a female spirit. Giving the women the place they have. Remember the song "Staring at the sun" I've always thought this was about being confortable instead of going to the darkness (probably the true knowledge) and see the truth (knowledge). He used to play Satan but in a clowny way, and actually, that character was a copy to other cultures characters.

There's a lot more...we can go forever with this, but I'm glad of these discussions.

I have to say I don´t have the truth and I don´t want to offend anybody, I just think, think, think and share what I've read.

no harm in that! the whole COEXIST thing didnt smell of christian work if you ask me. more of a new age christian view if you ask me, which is not what God is really about....

It's full of sentences trying to send a message, like:

"How can you stand next to the truth and not see it" (We can not see the truth)

Who is the "SHE" in Moment of Surrender?

"Oh God do not deny her"

"Two souls too smart to be in the realm of certainty, even on our wedding day"

What wedding? What happened?

The whole song is terrible. He is saying like he is so tired he could die. He is telling a story about a couple. He did everything he could, asking for forgiveness? or looking for her? Why in the black holes? Why at the altar of the dark star?

"I did not notice the passers-by

And they did not notice me"

A moment when he discovered the truth? and then:

"I was speeding on the subway

Through the stations of the cross

Every eye looking every other way

Counting down 'til the pentecost"

He knew something the rest of the people could not see, they were just waiting, but the problem is the THING has already happened. The rest can't see.

"Vision over visibility"

Which is the right one, Vision? Maybe the rest of the people live like in a vision, instead he can see, visibility.

"No line on the horizon"

The Earth and the sky must be the same if there's no line on the horizon.

In "Breathe" for ex: Who's the man trying to sell something to him?

"Man at the door says if I want to stay alive a bit longer

There's a few things I need you to know. Three"

Is he trying to sell religion to him? (Buy me if you want to be saved)

For the answer he knows this kind of people because his ancestors used to had this kind of job.

"Nine 0 nine, St John Divine, on the line, my pulse is fine

But I'm running down the road like loose electricity

While the band in my head plays a striptease"

This, in particular, looks like a neraly death experience to me.

But: "the line" again. What line? (Remeber no line on the horizon) could this be a sucession line? Hmmm....

"Walk out into the street

Sing your heart out

The people we meet

Will not be drowned out

There's nothing you have that I need"

Of course, reject the fear, "that is fear so deny it" Nothing will happen, you are free.

"I've found grace inside a sound

I found grace, it's all that I found

And I can breathe"

Again this looks like a death experience to me.

"Satan loves a bomb scare

But he won't scare you"

Bomb scare: Again, reject the fear, there's nothing to fear of

"All our kids are screaming

But the ghosts aren't real"

the ghosts aren´t real: the same meaning. No to the fear.

"You don't know, and you don't get it, do you?

You don't know how beautiful you are"

Again we can't see the truth, but the truth is next to us.

"We're into growing up

Women of the future

Hold the big revelations"

We are getting into a new age

"I got a submarine

You got gasoline

I don't want to talk about wars between nations"

You have something I need, I have something you need, we can live in peace.

"3:33 when the numbers fell off the clock face

Speed dialling with no signal at all"

3:33 is supposed to be the paranormal hour. It is a point when we can connect the other side. It's said that if you suddenly wake up at that time you'll be able to see things (called paranormal in our culture)

"Escape yourself, and gravity

Hear me, cease to speak that I may speak

Shush now"

Please, shut up and listen, this is important and you don´t pay atenttion.

Escape yourself and gravity: Hmmm, is it possible like in Astral travels ( I never did it but I think we have all that powers undeveloped)

"Restart and re-boot yourself

You're free to go"

??????????????????? But you are free but maybe you don´t notice it.

"A change of heart comes slow"

Knowledge, there is a lot to learn

I'll stop here because I can go with this til the end of the world. LOL.

And I suspect that is even more complicated than I've written and my English level has a limit. My brain is in fire.

I'll only say I love U2, I love Bono, I think they have something very important to say and I don´t think they are Illuminati or they are satan lovers. Related of which religion they are, well, you know me by now, you know I have no religion so that's not a problem to me at all. I'm glad they seem to be playing an important role in society as artists, which is "moving our heads" always a good exercise whatever the final conclution.

And if you don't like my aproach to this at all, maybe you can think about what my husband says: "They are just a group of people trying to sell records, they just write what rhymes, there's no message at all, it's just entertainment".

See you In A Little While

My name is Carolina by the way

• Subscriber
It's full of sentences trying to send a message, like:

"How can you stand next to the truth and not see it" (We can not see the truth)

Who is the "SHE" in Moment of Surrender?

"Oh God do not deny her"

"Two souls too smart to be in the realm of certainty, even on our wedding day"

What wedding? What happened?

The whole song is terrible. He is saying like he is so tired he could die. He is telling a story about a couple. He did everything he could, asking for forgiveness? or looking for her? Why in the black holes? Why at the altar of the dark star?

"I did not notice the passers-by

And they did not notice me"

A moment when he discovered the truth? and then:

"I was speeding on the subway

Through the stations of the cross

Every eye looking every other way

Counting down 'til the pentecost"

He knew something the rest of the people could not see, they were just waiting, but the problem is the THING has already happened. The rest can't see.

"Vision over visibility"

Which is the right one, Vision? Maybe the rest of the people live like in a vision, instead he can see, visibility.

"No line on the horizon"

The Earth and the sky must be the same if there's no line on the horizon.

In "Breathe" for ex: Who's the man trying to sell something to him?

"Man at the door says if I want to stay alive a bit longer

There's a few things I need you to know. Three"

Is he trying to sell religion to him? (Buy me if you want to be saved)

For the answer he knows this kind of people because his ancestors used to had this kind of job.

"Nine 0 nine, St John Divine, on the line, my pulse is fine

But I'm running down the road like loose electricity

While the band in my head plays a striptease"

This, in particular, looks like a neraly death experience to me.

But: "the line" again. What line? (Remeber no line on the horizon) could this be a sucession line? Hmmm....

"Walk out into the street

Sing your heart out

The people we meet

Will not be drowned out

There's nothing you have that I need"

Of course, reject the fear, "that is fear so deny it" Nothing will happen, you are free.

"I've found grace inside a sound

I found grace, it's all that I found

And I can breathe"

Again this looks like a death experience to me.

"Satan loves a bomb scare

But he won't scare you"

Bomb scare: Again, reject the fear, there's nothing to fear of

"All our kids are screaming

But the ghosts aren't real"

the ghosts aren´t real: the same meaning. No to the fear.

"You don't know, and you don't get it, do you?

You don't know how beautiful you are"

Again we can't see the truth, but the truth is next to us.

"We're into growing up

Women of the future

Hold the big revelations"

We are getting into a new age

"I got a submarine

You got gasoline

I don't want to talk about wars between nations"

You have something I need, I have something you need, we can live in peace.

"3:33 when the numbers fell off the clock face

Speed dialling with no signal at all"

3:33 is supposed to be the paranormal hour. It is a point when we can connect the other side. It's said that if you suddenly wake up at that time you'll be able to see things (called paranormal in our culture)

"Escape yourself, and gravity

Hear me, cease to speak that I may speak

Shush now"

Please, shut up and listen, this is important and you don´t pay atenttion.

Escape yourself and gravity: Hmmm, is it possible like in Astral travels ( I never did it but I think we have all that powers undeveloped)

"Restart and re-boot yourself

You're free to go"

??????????????????? But you are free but maybe you don´t notice it.

"A change of heart comes slow"

Knowledge, there is a lot to learn

I'll stop here because I can go with this til the end of the world. LOL.

And I suspect that is even more complicated than I've written and my English level has a limit. My brain is in fire.

I'll only say I love U2, I love Bono, I think they have something very important to say and I don´t think they are Illuminati or they are satan lovers. Related of which religion they are, well, you know me by now, you know I have no religion so that's not a problem to me at all. I'm glad they seem to be playing an important role in society as artists, which is "moving our heads" always a good exercise whatever the final conclution.

Thanks Nazhira ! I was just going to say that !!roll.gif

• Subscriber

what i am beginning to understand is the concept of Good and Evil, interpreted  (thru the teaching of the philosopy of Buddism) to be not suffering and suffering. thusly, true compassion is knowing what to do to relieve suffering. 

Go U2 !!!

LOL Hestia!!! What part??? My thoughts or my husband's ????

I've just seen a TV show, listen to this:

A kid was playing beisball with his friends and was accidentally hit by another hit. He fell down. A woman went to help him, gave him to breath and saved his life.

15 years later this woman was having lunch in a restaurant when something stucked in her througt. A man went to help her and saved her life. Well, that man was that kid. Amazing, isn´t it? Soul mates, or what? what kind of connections are between us?

That made me remember my parents. They met when they were 23 and 25 years old. A year later they married and 2 months later I was confortably inside my mother's belly.

But the intriging thing is, after they've met. They both moved a lot and they lived near one from the other at the same time. Even when they grew up they worked in buildings in front of one of the other for almost 2 years.

By now you must be wondering how did they meet? Well, my father went to take his exam to get driver's license and he failed because of parking. So, he decided to go to a driver's school to practice parking, and guess who was the teacher???? Yes, my mother.

Destiny?

Soul mates?

What about these amazing coincidences?

In particular I don´t believe they are coincidences, I've had so many of them by now that believe me, there are no coincidences.

A kid was playing beisball with his friends and was accidentally hit by another hit. He fell down. A woman went to help him, gave him to breath and saved his life.

15 years later this woman was having lunch in a restaurant when something stucked in her througt. A man went to help her and saved her life. Well, that man was that kid. Amazing, isn´t it? Soul mates, or what? what kind of connections are between us?

That made me remember my parents. They met when they were 23 and 25 years old. A year later they married and 2 months later I was confortably inside my mother's belly.

But the intriging thing is, after they've met. They both moved a lot and they lived near one from the other at the same time. Even when they grew up they worked in buildings in front of one of the other for almost 2 years.

By now you must be wondering how did they meet? Well, my father went to take his exam to get driver's license and he failed because of parking. So, he decided to go to a driver's school to practice parking, and guess who was the teacher???? Yes, my mother.

Destiny?

Soul mates?

In particular I don´t believe they are coincidences, I've had so many of them by now that believe me, there are no coincidences.

Correcting:

The kid was hit by another kid.

And my parents: "before they met" instead of after.

Of course you can figure out easily my level of winelaugh.gif

• Subscriber
My English level is the inverse proportion to the red wine I drink

i only speak english, i don't think in english !

i appreciate the mix. is it Spanish you speak? When i hang around people who speak spanish, my thinking and writing and talking ( communicating) improve. The rhythym of the language is more sonorous and flowing... happy.gif

• Subscriber

Destiny?

Soul mates?

Which ever is most convenient ! LOL

i try to stay with vision over visibility !  bring on the coincidences !!!