New one here...tho certainly not new to U2

DianneMurphy

I wasn't clear on where we introduce ourselves on this forum so please forgive my ignorance if I am in wrong place, but here goes. ...

I am here for many, many reasons.  The first one in my mind is that Bono and U2 have been with me through all the wonderlust times in my life.....they've really and vividly contributed to those life long memories I cherish.  I've seen them in concert seven times, the first time being at The Decade in Pittsburgh when the world had yet tried to gobble them up (Thankfully U2 still remembers those days despite their fame).

And so as not to bore anyone, I'm going to jump to now.  I still live in the Pittsaburgh area but missed the US close of the 360 tour.  I know....IKNOW......how do you allow such a thing to happen?  Well, sometimes it just does.

At any rate, if any of you are still with me in this, we (my brother, sister and I) lost our Dad this month, so very, very unexpectedly.  And I loved him SOOOOO.  My heart ached physically for him until the other day when this sense of peace came over me as I was working on a dog (I own a dog grooming salon).  I have, for many years, had Bono's picture on my wall above my work station with the caption "Dianne's Ohm" because he brings me to my Center when I deal with rough and tough yet lovely four-footed-wonders.  But, on that day, at that moment, I happened to have the best dog in the world on my table yet I was anxious and felt overwhelmed by all that had gone on and all of the losses in my life.

I glanced up at the familiar face of my personal ohm just as my computer decided to take on a life of IT'S own and all I could hear over the dogs was Bono belting out "Kite".  A sense of relief and utter peace overtook me like nothing I've ever felt.............EVER!!!!!  And I still think I saw my mom and dad. arm in arm, in the parking lot out front. 

Go figure. aye?  Maybe after all these years of being  in love with U2 they can just make me high by listening to them, LOL!!

But seriously, I'm an Irish Catholic by birth, but I'm a Celt to the very center of my being......I'm just not certain which faith, if any, is responsible for my sense of Peace these days.  I just know that whoever is in  power knew EXACTLY how to put MY mind at ease. 

So, my crazy arse is on the table here now, but I felt here might be just the place to admit how deeply U2 runs through my being. 

cheers to all, Dianne

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

hey dianne,

that's a very open and frank introduction. Hello. Nice to meet you. I am sorry for the loss of your father, I hope you guys are travelling ok. It's terrible when we lose a parent, because we think they will be there forever because they were there before we were born, but then they can be gone in a heartbeat. Your father is still watching you and on your side, you just can't see it. In Hebrews in the bible, it says we are surrounded by a great crowd of witnesses (hebrews 12.1) and I believe they are cheering us on. Of course your dad is in that crowd.

I only joined this forum recently too, I like it, I have made some friends here. It's nice. Found people to be down to earth and accepting. It's intimidating to see some really die hard fans, but they are so nice, what's not to like?

Now, a dog grooming business you say you have? I am having problems with a very naughty beagle. the other night I picked her up and put her on the couch with us, and she did a wee on a cushion, just like that. It was horrific. All sorts of antics, I am out of my depth.

• Subscriber

Hi Diane

So great to see a new face! And what a story! Thanks for sharing it with us. And yes I agree U2 can give you a high just by listening to them. Sorry to hear about the loss of your father - Its good to hear that you are finding comfort in U2 songs!

And never think that you are posting in the wrong place :)))

Just like to say hello Dianne, I lost my father a couple of years back, and still find it strange now and again I see the back of a man with a check shirt, grey hair and a cap like my father's and for a few seconds think it's him! Now and again have dreams with him in then, after wake up have to stop and think about him once again. !!!! But with friends and family in time heals...

So welcome and a big hello from me... You will find lots of friendly U2 people here.... many a chat, laugh and U2 pictures now and again....

I'll always chat with you if I see you around...cute.gif

Thank you All for the warm welcomes! And get this, Atomic Bomb, the photo you use here is the one I've had hanging in my salon as my ohm for YEARS!!! It's one of most favorite photos of "himSelf". BRILLIANT!!!!

Oh, Vacantlot? IMstrongO dogs are almost never horrific in their own right. You "simply" (and I DO know that this is not truly simple) need to put yourself in her/his viewpoint. When you said you put the dog between the two of you and she piddled on the couch, my first response was, "that sounds like a pup". And don't kid yourself, dogs are like we humans in most respects only revved up, so most dogs will fluctuate between being unruly children and abominabal adolescents until they are going on three or four years old.

My advice? I've raised and bred Collies for almost 35 years, so I'm speaking from experience, let her be a pup at all times except when in your home "proper" (living area) or on lead.

Oh and give her a crate.....NEVER use it as punishment, just allow that to be HER space away from you all (aka humans). BELIEVE ME dogs want to get away from us as much as we like to get away from them (and each other,LOL!!!) at times.

HTH

Dianne

• Subscriber

Hey Diane, welcome to the board! It's nice to see fresh faces(not that anyone already posting here has not a fresh face)but yeah...there should be a place for not new to U2 zootopia newbies to feel welcome.smile.gif There are lots of lurkers and maybe kinda shy people here who maybe don't know how to approach the message board side.