•  

Stories of Surrender Book Tour Zoo Header - Madrid.jpg

Dear Diary...

Anjana

I haven't bern in the zoo for soooooo long, feels like ages (oh well, probably has been ...)

Still not over the loss of my beloved father. Still can't believe he's gone ...

Diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on september 8th and already gone the night of november 3-4.

Miss him so very much!!! 😥 I'vr only gotten used to the fact of him being ill. Hadn't yet started dealing with the fact he could never get better again ... And now I already have to go on without him ...

And then yesterday there was this tragic news: 2 kids had a traffic-accident yesterday.

In Sint-Truiden (where Barbara lives) a girl lost her life when she fell with her bike and got hit.

The second accident happened in Tongeren, where I live. This 9-year old is the son of friends of ours. He's still fighting for his life. I read about the accident in the online newspaper. But when I heard it was Tom who got hit, I just kept shaking for over 15 minutes before I calmed down again.

Just talked to the dad on the phone. I completely ran out of words to say.

So strange: whenever you hear about something like that, everyone is always saying how bad it must be for the family involved. But when it happens to someone you know ... only then you really realize it could happen to your own kids too. I can't imagine what they must be gok g throug right now. First 48 hours are critical, when he makes thise he's got a good chance of getting through. So still 24 hours of scared hoping and waiting to go ...

Just wish to say, so sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you.... sending ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) to you.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Sorry Jojes for your loss, I must admit, I hate to think about those things, its upsetting, but in your situation, I know it distressing, I hope everything will be ok, prayer never hurts xx

Dear diary,

Back is better, but leg is still playing up, and I had to get up on a ladder, to help dad put the gutters on, still so scared, not normal, anyway I hope everyone is well, im feeling much better, still have my doc appointments to go to, honestly procastinating again, I hate anything to do with medical stuff, dont want to hear bad news lol A little muggy today, I wish our aircon was still working, well have much to do at home today so cant stay here too long, till next time

• Subscriber

Dear Diary,

I am having a good day - well in the hour I have been awake lol! I have a pretty quiet day. So The plan is to get some housework done? Mmmmm we'll wait and see about that.

Then this evening I have my first observation shift as a Samaritan. I will go in and find my way around the place. Listen to how the volunteers talk on the phone etc.... I have three of these before I go live on the phones. So exciting but so scary too.

• Subscriber

Dear diary, Im tired of mental illness on me and my daughter, Im tired of my leg pinching nerves and my back aching, now, and then because of wear, Im tired of my daughter having a bad back also, and most of all im tired of so called righteous people who do good things to others but are cruel to some, and they think God excuses that because they have done good, well excuse me but God is no hypocrite, a scripture comes to mind Luke 16;10, and im tired most of all thinking about the future of this world at present..

Ok rant over.. Peace on earth we need it now

• Subscriber

Dear Diary 

Nothing much to say I guess, just the same as all the rest, been trying to throw my arms around the world
earthhug.gif
...who's gonna run the zoo, run the zoo, run the zoo...zootops be thrilled, she's gonna run the zoo run the zoo run the zoo...Zhivvy she will

• Subscriber

Dear Diary 

Nothing much to say I guess, just the same as all the rest, been trying to throw my arms around the world
earthhug.gif
...who's gonna run the zoo, run the zoo, run the zoo...zootops be thrilled, she's gonna run the zoo run the zoo run the zoo...Zhivvy she will

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• Subscriber

Hey Zhivvy..how you doing ? I thought of you the other day when one of my staff said we should go to a place called The Mango Lounge for our Christmas do ! ha ha...

PMSL - nice to know I get thought of lol!

I'm not too bad - busy with samaritans training - all interesting but scary
Nice to see you back in here! happy.gif

• Subscriber

Dear diary,

Feeling tired today, did so many loads of washing and just things here and there, but, distressed with my daughters OCD as its a big hindrance on things i'd like to do for her, she's refusing to take some good medication and im tired of trying to find a way of telling her without her going off the handle, and she wont clean her room, and she wont let me, so her poor boyfriend does it once a blue moon.Think thats why im tired, stress, anyway, positive thoughts today, is, im going on a diet, and I manage to hopefully save myself from some unwanted stress today which is good. Today we had a lovely talk (meeting), perhaps I will share it with you another time. So until next time, stress less woman!