Dear Diary...

Anjana

• Subscriber

Dear Diary,

Im very nervous... in a couple days the winners of the trabbie contest will be announced :D:D but on the same day I have my quelification test for a new school I want to go to. I want to be an Art Director in the photographic world. Thats my big dream. Soooo I really hope that I get true in at least one of the things I'm nervous for....

Write to you later...

Dear Diary,

Ok I did not win in the trabbie contest... :P But today I recieved a letter that I past the qualification test for this school. Soooooooo my dream came true today, In 4 years I hope to be an Art Director happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

dear diary,

plasterguys are here!! making our kitchenwalls look pretty, so i can start deciding bout colours, cause a month from now those walls can be painted. tiles for bathroomfloor and shower picked too. but i need to decide on color for the wallpaint for that room too. hans wants something purplish, lilac,... i would love something like turquoise/blue/green (not apart, lol, but all in one color)... so we need to discuss some more. same with the tiling on terrace... i want something to go along with color of house, he wants to go for contrast.
anyway, spring is coming!! but very cold day today. 
my knee is being a pain for 3 weeks now, havent seen doctor yet. cause for a week or 2 it felt like i had been exercising (which obviously i hadnt, just the usual dogwalking) really feeling heavy, like muscles-pain. then for 3 days i feel this painfull spot right side of my leftknee, aches when i walk, sit, lie still. like a nerve-pain. so i decide to see doctor after weekend, but on monday: no more pain!  then  yesterday pain is back (differenct pain, again) and my knee is a bit swollen and feels like something is taped around it very tight... my mom insists that i see doctor but how on earth am i gonna explain all that to a doctor??
will see tho, when still in pain tomorrow i will make appointement cause lots of work, painting and all to do in near future.
-babs-

• Subscriber

dear diary,

looks like spring is coming! would like it a bit warmer, cause need to leave doors and window in kitchen open all day to get plaster to dry up quickly, but last few days no rain and lots of sunshine happy.gif
yesterday i got to see the orthopaedist at out hospital and as a result of that i left work round 11am and am on sick leave till the 13th (at the least)... thats when i have an appointment to discuss the results of the MRI-scan i'm gonna have tomorrowmorning. all depends on how serious my knee is hurt and what they gonna do bout it... 
no way i could keep doin my job like this. ofcourse some colleagues werent too happy with the news. some didnt even look at me or said anything. i felt very disappointed by them, they know i am one of the people with lowest sickleave-rates in this team. do they really expect me to abuse my body and keep working when something is obviously wrong?? the kind comments from other, newer, colleagues telling me to take care of myself couldnt make up for these older colleagues being so unconcerned. its on times like this you realize who your friends are, cause apart from some good friends and my family being worried bout me, its each girl on her own.
and yes i know i didnt pick the best of times, cause there were already major problems with the schedule, and me working extra weekend and nightshifts kinda helped to solve it... but now it looks like someone else will have to take over. but i don have much of a say in this, do i??? 
will keep you informed.
-babs-

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Dear Diary,

So nice to read through what everyone has been up to and even though we keep missing each other we know what we are up to.

I had a lovely day today - was mother's day in England - so got spoiled and lots of love and hugs from my gorgeous little one.

On other fronts it is up and down. I am not working again - but I knew it was only a short term contract but hopefully the agency will get me something else soon and I am also applying for any permanent jobs which may come up so I am staying optimistic.

But whilst not in work I am planning on finishing moving everything in the house around - just because I can! Also am getting really into writing and getting a novel finished and perfected and some kind people have been reading my efforts up to now - and I am so grateful to them people.

But nearly time for bed now so good night and god bless.

Have a great week everyone xxx

• Subscriber

Dear Diary, glad Zhivvy had a good Mum's day with her lovely. Had a nice day being a lazy ass and goofing off around the house. Watching old movies and cooking Sunday dinner. It's orange chicken again, everything turned out great. Except for the mess, but I'll get to it tomorrow because I don't like to make noise from the kitchen when the kids are watching tv. lol. The sound of the dishes rattling and the running water. Wouldn't want all that noise! Man, I can go to sleep tonight and look forward to those dishes tomorrow. I am blessed. laugh.gif And Zhivvy's been writing, how exciting. Never been much of a writer, I say that as people often say. I've never been much of an artist or I can't draw or paint. But you never know what you can do. My daughter has been painting and drawing, she's been doodling for some time but never fully engulfed herself seriously into the drawing and painting and it's coming naturally for her. She told me this afternoon, she didn't think she was capable and surprised on how easy and natural it feels to draw. I'm happy because she's had everything she's ever needed all the time and always encouraged her but one day she became inspired when she was bored and she has so many art supplies, paint and pencils and paper everything she's ever needed and finally she became aware of her ability.. I'm happy for her. She's doing great. smile.gif

• Subscriber

Dear Diary, about to be a bit bored again with not working - but the house needs sorting lol!! Sounds a nice day you've been having LaWoman. So exciting that your daughter is loving her art - it is nice to see when someone has developed a natural talent and is enjoying it. I don't know if I have a talent for writing or not, I have had some good feedback from friends which is nice. But mainly I am just enjoying doing it and getting lost in it all.

I am now wondering how long it will be before I get off the sofa and get the housework done - Mmmmmm may be a while lol!

• Subscriber

dear diary,

not sure i told you already, but will need surgery on knee. its a torn meniscus and that will never heal on its own. so surgery planned monday a week from now. will be discharged same day. then have to stay on sickleave for at least 4 weeks. with a job like mine it has to be that long, cause have to be carefull to put too much weight on it to soon.
not a good time to get this (but when is it ever a good time?) with the works, and all the tidying up i wanna do. cause like all men, the ones round her don feel the need to...
its such great weather, so meeting my mom in an hour to go somewhere for a coffee, in the sun. 
as for the works: lots of progress! new kitchen will be ready in 9 weeks. if everyone follows the schedule. plaster is drying so quick, thanx to some great, warm days we had uptill now. driveway is starting to look much better too, no more holes, or piles of dirt.
well, all i can do now is hope for some great and sunny days to come so i can take my after-surgery rests outside and get bit of a tan wink.gif
-babs-