Q'S Achtung Cover CD? [MERGED]

[quote name='Matkin22 wrote:

Nancy_Hanks wrote:

monica martino']Pre order Q magazine available on u2.com US shop

available also in GBP not in Euro at the moment

I didn't order, but it looks like you can use the 25% off coupon.

I tried to use it. Wouldn't let me.

I guess I'm not surprised... thanks for letting us know.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

@Kristaps

the issue will be available from tomorrow and outside UK I think not before 2 weeks

In the meantime Newsstand already started to ship the magazine

hopefully the same for u2.com...

• Subscriber

@Kristaps

the issue will be available from tomorrow and outside UK I think not before 2 weeks

In the meantime Newsstand already started to ship the magazine

hopefully the same for u2.com...

Tis out now actually. Better hurry!

• Subscriber

Just called our local Barnes and Noble. They have 3 copies of the November Green Day cover of Q. He said they usually do get the CDs in the mags; they ship to the US stores as they are shipped in the UK. He said they don't get the issues this early and to check back in a week or so to see if they've arrived. They wouldn't set aside any copies, so I'll be checking in the store - often!!

DP SC- score! Just listened to it 2x. Very similar in tempo and vocal style, yet different. Can't wait for this to be on my Ipod!! Yet, as much as I like this and JW's LIB, you know...it just makes me love the originals that much more! Wouldn't it be perfect if they released this to the radio and it scored big on the charts? Brilliance shining on!

Just heard the first song....Nine Inch Nails cover of Zoo Station....

4 out of 5 for me. Don't expect a heavy industrial cover ala NIN style because that would be too predictable! Instead it is dark, rather mellow and sounds like an outtake from the Zooropa sessions with Brain Eno behind Trent!

It does drag on a little,as this cover just stays in one spot emotionally for me, but it is an "alright" cover.

I'll post more thoughts with each song.....

• Community Moderator

Just heard the first song....Nine Inch Nails cover of Zoo Station....

4 out of 5 for me. Don't expect a heavy industrial cover ala NIN style because that would be too predictable! Instead it is dark, rather mellow and sounds like an outtake from the Zooropa sessions with Brain Eno behind Trent!

It does drag on a little,as this cover just stays in one spot emotionally for me, but it is an "alright" cover.

I'll post more thoughts with each song.....

It was much more mellow than I expected, but I do like it a lot.