Q'S Achtung Cover CD? [MERGED]

Of all the covers I've heard, so far.....

Jack White - I cannot get enough of his Love is Blindness. Superb!

Gavin Friday - fecking brilliant!.....dark and haunting as only Gavin can be, a stellar version of The Fly. My God, I LOVE it!!!!!This is where U2 needs to go! Please see Gavin for future sound development. Yes, please!!

The rest I'm only just easy on....Depeche Mode, The Fray, Nine Inch Nails....I don't think they'll stick for me.

Haven't heard the rest yet.

Depeche Mode's cover-awesome....(probably the best one on the cd for me)
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

daltonsisters']Of all the covers I've heard, so far.....

Jack White - I cannot get enough of his Love is Blindness. Superb!

Gavin Friday - fecking brilliant!.....dark and haunting as only Gavin can be, a stellar version of The Fly. My God, I LOVE it!!!!!This is where U2 needs to go! Please see Gavin for future sound development. Yes, please!!

The rest I'm only just easy on....Depeche Mode, The Fray, Nine Inch Nails....I don't think they'll stick for me.

Haven't heard the rest yet.

Depeche Mode's cover-awesome....(probably the best one on the cd for me)

Oh yeah? I'll give it another listen, but.....Gavin and Jack's gonna be hard to top. Whoever produced that version of The Fly needs to work with U2, stat! Textures are brilliant - edgy, raw, varied, dark, interesting. I think it's brilliant! (Can you tell?) banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif (I don't do the banana dance very often).

• Subscriber

funny, i found gavin's cover a little downbeat....it was the only song i skipped!
eek.gif You shall see the light Mac.....be patient.

Meanwhile, listening to Mysterious Ways. I like the fact that they've flipped it on its head, but need more time with that one.

Hunting down the rest on You Tube.

• Subscriber

Listening to Patti Smith now....great vocals, but a bit loungey. Nice piano sound.

As for the overall album, from what I've heard so far, there's some decent textures and I think the production overall is great, but many of the songs have a similar low-key vibe, I agree. I doubt I would play it often. But a nice collectible, I guess. Dust gathering collectible?

So far it'd be easier to point out the ones I don't like.

The Fray's, it sounds to generic Christian pop like.

Patti Smith's, I'm sorry but Until the end of the World needs more energy than 'drunk and dying in a bar in the Bronx'