Q'S Achtung Cover CD? [MERGED]

chriswba

• Subscriber

I've been buying Q at Barnes & Noble here in the states for a couple of years now. All of them had the attached cd when they released them. However, the newstand date of 10/25 will be in the UK. The newstand date in the US is later, up to even a month. So, stay vigil and check to see when it pops in.
I really hope so!! ohwell.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

[quote name='danielsentana wrote:

Miringeltje wrote:

chriswba']

We know the killers are on there but which track? my bets on whos gona ride your wild horses

The Killers will be covering Ultraviolet

That could go really well...or really bad. Hope they don't screw it.

Why don't they have Gilmour cover Acrobat? tongue.gif And I'm still waiting for Muse to show up somehow...

That's how I feel about Depeche Mode doing "So Cruel"  Could be really good or really bad.

• Subscriber

Miringeltje wrote:

chriswba']

We know the killers are on there but which track? my bets on whos gona ride your wild horses

Why don't they have Gilmour cover Acrobat? tongue.gif And I'm still waiting for Muse to show up somehow...

Like I said, I'd prefer NIN covering Acrobat...

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

danielsentana wrote:

Miringeltje']

Why don't they have Gilmour cover Acrobat?
tongue.gif
 And I'm still waiting for Muse to show up somehow...

Like I said, I'd prefer NIN covering Acrobat...Still, we must agree that Muse would do a fantastic job on EBTTRT or Mysterious Ways

• Subscriber

peterferris8 wrote:

danielsentana']That could go really well...or really bad. Hope they don't screw it.
Why don't they have Gilmour cover Acrobat?
tongue.gif
 And I'm still waiting for Muse to show up somehow...

Like I said, I'd prefer NIN covering Acrobat...
Still, we must agree that Muse would do a fantastic job on EBTTRT or Mysterious Ways

Hell yeah!

The full track listing for AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered is as follows:

Nine Inch Nails - Zoo Station
U2 (Jacques Lu Cont Mix) - Even Better Than The Real Thing
Damien Rice - One
Patti Smith - Until The End Of The World
Garbage - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Depeche Mode - So Cruel
Snow Patrol - Mysterious Ways
The Fray - Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Gavin Friday - The Fly
The Killers - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Glasvegas - Acrobat
Jack White - Love Is Blindness

Oh well, no Muse.

http://www.u2.com/news/title/achtung-baby-covered

http://news.qthemusic.com/2011/10/q_curates_cover_album_of_u2s_a.html

"You can pre-order your copy of our next issue from Greatmagazines.co.uk/QU2. The link will be live from lunchtime on 10 October."

Either that link's not live yet or it won't work from the US.

• Subscriber

'AHK-Toong BAY-Bi Covered'

A host of famous names, including The Killers, Jack White, Nine Inch Nails, Snow Patrol, Patti Smith and Depeche Mode, have re-created U2’s Achtung Baby album in celebration of its 20th anniversary.

The collection of brand new recordings, 'AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered', also marks the 25th anniversary of Q Magazine, and Q Editor in Chief Paul Rees said he believes the album sets a new - and higher - benchmark for the growing popularity of free CD's. 'Not only in the sense that each of the tracks are brand new recordings by some of the biggest and most iconic names in music such as Jack White, Nine Inch Nails and Patti Smith, but also in that several of them mark the first new material we have heard from these acts in a long time – such as those by The Killers, Damien Rice and Garbage.

'This is an entirely appropriate way to mark Q's anniversary and that of Achtung Baby, one of the pivotal albums in our lifetime.'

The magazine/CD package will be available in store from October 26th and also from www.qthemusic.com.

The full track listing for 'AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered': Nine Inch Nails – Zoo Station;

U2 (Jacques Lu Cont Mix) – Even Better Than The Real Thing; Damien Rice – One; Patti Smith – Until The End Of The World; Garbage – Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses; Depeche Mode – So Cruel; Snow Patrol – Mysterious Ways; The Fray – Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World; Gavin Friday – The Fly; The Killers – Ultraviolet (Light My Way); Glasvegas – Acrobat; Jack White – Love Is Blindness.