Coldplay rip off U2 again!

jrtm

Is it me or is the guitar work at the end of Paradise a complete and utter rip of Edges work on Unknown Caller?? Coldplay really give me the shits, Anton Corbijn directing Coldplay Unstaged on Youtube, in the studio with Brian Eno. Not hard draw any parallels is it?

• Subscriber

Is it me or is the guitar work at the end of Paradise a complete and utter rip of Edges work on Unknown Caller?? Coldplay really give me the shits, Anton Corbijn directing Coldplay Unstaged on Youtube, in the studio with Brian Eno. Not hard draw any parallels is it?
Not hard at all. I said this a while back when I first saw the artwork for MX. But, I shall tell you that while I like the popular CP songs I hear on the radio, listening to the ANTON CORBIJN (grrrrrrrr....) directed Youtube VEVO broadcast today, I had to turn off the sound. The aerial shots were cool and all, and I liked the grafitti laden X center stage, but the monotony was so tiresome, both vocally and melodically. Those boys look lost up there. They just play the same thing over and over. (Funny, huh, because that's basically what Edge does, but then it's NOT!) Now I'm off to hear if I agree about UK, the much maligned song that I very much like. wink.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='mdmomof7 wrote:

jrtm']Is it me or is the guitar work at the end of Paradise a complete and utter rip of Edges work on Unknown Caller?? Coldplay really give me the shits, Anton Corbijn directing Coldplay Unstaged on Youtube, in the studio with Brian Eno. Not hard draw any parallels is it?

Not hard at all. I said this a while back when I first saw the artwork for MX. But, I shall tell you that while I like the popular CP songs I hear on the radio, listening to the ANTON CORBIJN (grrrrrrrr....) directed Youtube VEVO broadcast today, I had to turn off the sound. The aerial shots were cool and all, and I liked the grafitti laden X center stage, but the monotony was so tiresome, both vocally and melodically. Those boys look lost up there. They just play the same thing over and over. (Funny, huh, because that's basically what Edge does, but then it's NOT!) Now I'm off to hear if I agree about UK, the much maligned song that I very much like. laugh.gif I have to totally agree with you both about this, & im with jrtm im totally over that other mob copying nearly every thing u2 has done!! i dont like cp at all i find them very boring & montonus & over rated all the songs sound the same to me.  I think Larry mighten thing much of it either with some of the comments ive heard him make about them,weather in joke or not.