Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary - List your best deal - Part 2

• Subscriber

My SD turned up from Amazon UK today, it seems they are now getting more stock through...most likely from Germany. Still waiting for the Uber to arrive from them.

I say this about Amazon UK sourcing these from Germany because there is a German "FSK 12" green label on the front of the box, bottom left hand corner (the sticker is referring to the rating of the included DVD). 

Somewhat annoying though, because it's underneath the shrink wrap. I haven't opened the box set yet. I don't want to end up trashing the box by trying to remove the German FSK 12 sticker. 

Anyone else in the UK had a SD set arrive from Amazon with the German sticker on it? Part of me think's it a nuisance because I don't know how or if it can be easily peeled off...the other part of me thinks it's pretty cool because it IS German!
Yeah dead cool as made in Germany like the albumsmile.gif
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:

Mister K']
My SD turned up from Amazon UK today, it seems they are now getting more stock through...most likely from Germany. Still waiting for the Uber to arrive from them.

I say this about Amazon UK sourcing these from Germany because there is a German "FSK 12" green label on the front of the box, bottom left hand corner (the sticker is referring to the rating of the included DVD). 

Somewhat annoying though, because it's underneath the shrink wrap. I haven't opened the box set yet. I don't want to end up trashing the box by trying to remove the German FSK 12 sticker. 

Anyone else in the UK had a SD set arrive from Amazon with the German sticker on it? Part of me think's it a nuisance because I don't know how or if it can be easily peeled off...the other part of me thinks it's pretty cool because it IS German!

Yeah dead cool as made in Germany like the albumsmile.gif

After some deliberation I peeled it off eek.gif It interfered with the artwork...

• Subscriber

My Uber set arrived this morning from Amazon UK, paid £268.47 with free shipping via Amazon Prime. 

To my absolute delight, it was extremely well packed and arrived in immaculate condition smile.gif

I got number 4711. 

Again this set appears to have come from Universal Germany as the green FSK 12 sticker is stuck on the bottom left magnet tile on the front of the box. I'm leaving it on there this time roll.gif

I have to say Achtung Baby is now the most 'expensive' album I own (unless I include the 12 or so different copies I have of the Beatles White Album and Pink Floyd's DSOTM). 

So now I have so many copies of Achtung Baby it's geting ridiculous - the '91 vinyl LP, the '07 LP reissue (pressed in Germany or Holland, can't recall), the '91 CD, and now the 2011 box sets - the vinyl box, the SD and now the UD. 

But it's worth it. SO pleased I got the UD, what a great set.smokin.gif
  • Subscriber

Hmv uk is showing stock @ £268.47 for the Uber if anyone needs it, mine came through (ordered form Sainsburys entertaintment uk), unfortunately banned from seeing it until christmas day eyes.giffrown.gif

• Subscriber

this is lol outa control only a little point
I had the feeling it was out of control

I was of the opinion it was out of control.

I was of the feeling it was out of control

I had the opinion it was out of control.

wink.gif

• Subscriber

But it's worth it. SO pleased I got the UD, what a great set.smokin.gif
Yep, it's a beautiful package. I end up getting one. Heck I am broke but I figure out it was worth after I watched the YouTube video from the company that create it. I just wished more unreleased material, but oh well maybe next time when U2 wants to keep stealing our wallet. laugh.gif