curious about killing bono ???

flender

• Subscriber

hey ! I ve just got a chance to watch " killing bono " but  have so many questions pop up , I still don't know much about u2 so I decide to ask you guys here , sorry if topic like this have been posted before

1) Ivan Mccormick .... was he really offered the leading guitar position ?

I think it's bullshit or could it be true ? I mean the edge was great , why would they need someone else ? but Ivan really showed up at the first meeting ....

I read " u2 by u2 " adam said something about his friend " Peter Martin " the guy they used to borrow guitars and amps ...

adam said " Peter martin couldn't play , and he was in different age group ... so was Ivan Mccormick , Ivan only lasted a week " 

why they had to be so whiny about " almost be in u2 "that much , I think the one that should feel bad about this must be Dick ( the edge's brother ) instead ??? don't you think

2) at the beginning of the movie , u2 ( when they were still the hype ) played 2 songs and the Mccormick brothers said " they even played their own song , they write their own song ! "

is that true ? and what are the name of those songs ?? and how could I find the original ones from u2

3) did "shook up " really exist ?  and did Bono really offer them to support u2 at dubblin ? 

and what happen to Bono's arm in the movie by that time

thank you very much in advance guys tongue.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Didn't Bono fall off the stage while touring the US and broke his arm, thus the problem with the arm?

You can find some of the earlier songs on the Boy Remaster on the 2nd disk. I think there were also some that came with "Rare and Remastered" subscribers CD. And a lot of earlier songs can be found on their live shows that are available online.

(Note: I don't remember the songs that were played in the movie, the above is for early songs in general).

Treasure / Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop

Saturday Night

Jesus Christ

Things to Make and Do

Speed of Life

etc...

• Community Moderator

Didn't Bono fall off the stage while touring the US and broke his arm, thus the problem with the arm?

You can find some of the earlier songs on the Boy Remaster on the 2nd disk. I think there were also some that came with "Rare and Remastered" subscribers CD. And a lot of earlier songs can be found on their live shows that are available online.

(Note: I don't remember the songs that were played in the movie, the above is for early songs in general).

Saturday Night

Jesus Christ

Things to Make and Do

Speed of Life

etc...

I think they play Street Mission and maybe Cartoon World in the movie (both are real songs).  Can't say for sure though b/c I haven't seen it yet. 

And yes, Bono fell in the States and I want to say cracked his elbow maybe.  But wore his arm in a sling for a long time.  It can be seen in Rattle and Hum during "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

• Subscriber

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

Kristaps']Didn't Bono fall off the stage while touring the US and broke his arm, thus the problem with the arm?

Saturday Night

Jesus Christ

Things to Make and Do

Speed of Life

etc...

I think they play Street Mission and maybe Cartoon World in the movie (both are real songs).  Can't say for sure though b/c I haven't seen it yet. 

And yes, Bono fell in the States and I want to say cracked his elbow maybe.  But wore his arm in a sling for a long time.  It can be seen in Rattle and Hum during "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

It was Street Mission on the film. And the film's OK, but the book is just awesome

• Community Moderator

[quote name='danielsentana wrote:

mich40 wrote:

Kristaps']

Saturday Night

Jesus Christ

Things to Make and Do

Speed of Life

etc...

It was Street Mission on the film. And the film's OK, but the book is just awesome

I love the book!

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

Kristaps']Didn't Bono fall off the stage while touring the US and broke his arm, thus the problem with the arm?

Saturday Night

Jesus Christ

Things to Make and Do

Speed of Life

etc...

PISH THE SLING WAS TO CARRY HIS FAT ARSE AND OVERSIZED EGO IN THE WALLOPER THAT HE IS.

• Community Moderator

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

mich40 wrote:

Kristaps']

Saturday Night

Jesus Christ

Things to Make and Do

Speed of Life

etc...

PISH THE SLING WAS TO CARRY HIS FAT ARSE AND OVERSIZED EGO IN THE WALLOPER THAT HE IS.

His arse wasn't fat in that movie. tongue02.gif Even my mum said the other day that it was flat in that movie.  I don't know what I was more amused at, the fact that she was watching Rattle and Hum or the fact that she had to call and tell me, "Bono's got a flat butt in this movie."