Sky Down + Achtung Baby 20 Easter Eggs

joshthetree

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
Sorry I haven't received mine yet. But I was wondering: I've been hearing comments about certain scenes missing from the DVD of FROM THE SKY DOWN. Anyone know if this is true? I haven't even seen the film on VOD/BBC yet so I wouldn't be able to tell for myself anyways.
Yeah, I read this on a review on amazon.co.uk. The version shown on TV is longer than the one we'll get on the DVD. That's weird...

• Subscriber
Anyone found any eggs in the new dvds??eek.gif
You can try to look for hidden contect manually. There should be a way on the DVD player to skip tracks/sections manually. Even better on a computer - put it in and your media player should list the same again in playlist or something. Then go through all them  ;-)

• Subscriber

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

TheSunAndTheMoon']Sorry I haven't received mine yet. But I was wondering: I've been hearing comments about certain scenes missing from the DVD of FROM THE SKY DOWN. Anyone know if this is true? I haven't even seen the film on VOD/BBC yet so I wouldn't be able to tell for myself anyways.

Yeah, I read this on a review on amazon.co.uk. The version shown on TV is longer than the one we'll get on the DVD. That's weird...

I think the TV version broadcasted on the BBC was longer due to the introductory commentary and programme opening titles and music, etc.  The actual content of the U2 documentary should not be affected, you just won't get all the supplemenatry talk about the documentary you're about to watch (which went on for about 10 minutes or so)wink.gif

• Subscriber

Sorry I haven't received mine yet. But I was wondering: I've been hearing comments about certain scenes missing from the DVD of FROM THE SKY DOWN. Anyone know if this is true? I haven't even seen the film on VOD/BBC yet so I wouldn't be able to tell for myself anyways.

- Bono and Edge listening to the early Mysterious Ways / Sick Puppy demo, with Edge laughing and Bono commenting that "it's not alright" ... not on the DVD

- Edge telling the story of playing the solo for Love is Blindness, and "putting everything he had into it", only to find Lanois saying that it wasn't very good when he returned ... not on the DVD

- The scene with Bono going through some other bands that are no longer together ... not on the DVD

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

TheSunAndTheMoon']Sorry I haven't received mine yet. But I was wondering: I've been hearing comments about certain scenes missing from the DVD of FROM THE SKY DOWN. Anyone know if this is true? I haven't even seen the film on VOD/BBC yet so I wouldn't be able to tell for myself anyways.

- Bono and Edge listening to the early Mysterious Ways / Sick Puppy demo, with Edge laughing and Bono commenting that "it's not alright" ... not on the DVD

- Edge telling the story of playing the solo for Love is Blindness, and "putting everything he had into it", only to find Lanois saying that it wasn't very good when he returned ... not on the DVD

- The scene with Bono going through some other bands that are no longer together ... not on the DVD

That's messed up.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Sunflower1mdp wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

That's messed up.

WTF?? Thank God I have the BBC file already in my computer...seriously another "Zoo TV Sydney" case with Trying to Throw?