So sad and upset.

• Subscriber

[quote name='maggie18patchwork wrote:

liljbau']muse......30 seconds to mars....angels and airwaves...

NOBODY will REPLACE u2......NOBODY!!!!

No desperation here, though. I will just continue as if U2 are still together- I guess I would just fill the tour void by watching plenty of tour videos and have and attend the occasional "u2 party"

Just listening to Muse, Liljbau, stockholm syndrone, my favoutite track !!!!

Ah, Stockholm! My brother saw that song get played at Reading Festival earlier this year, he said they played it really heavy that time.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

maggie18patchwork wrote:

liljbau']muse......30 seconds to mars....angels and airwaves...

NOBODY will REPLACE u2......NOBODY!!!!

No desperation here, though. I will just continue as if U2 are still together- I guess I would just fill the tour void by watching plenty of tour videos and have and attend the occasional "u2 party"

Just listening to Muse, Liljbau, stockholm syndrone, my favoutite track !!!!

Ah, Stockholm! My brother saw that song get played at Reading Festival earlier this year, he said they played it really heavy that time.man i havent listened to that song in aaaaaaaaagggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss!

I hope it is just a crisis on music and that someday it will pass. It seems that the industry is a bit lost with all this internet thing. Record companies are afraid to sign new artists at least they make sure they're going to sells millions of albums and make tons of money to save their arses. So what comes up are those frenetic pop stuff with no vitality on their music. 

Music is just crazy. If a song plays all the time on the radio, so I loathe it. Even "Hallelujah" (Jeff Buckley version) which I love since when I was 12 but now I jump this track cuz it reminds me of X-Factor and I don't like it. When U2 released "All That You Can't Leave Behind" they played all the time on radio, the same happened with "Vertigo", which means that just a few years ago I discovered what I've been missing. mad.gif

I'm not ashamed to admit that I like pop music, but decent pop music. Music that is so good that nobody can resist, y'know? What about those people who saw the rise of Beatles, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Queen? Makes me wonder if they thought like, "they're no way better than Robert Johnson, Elvis Presley..." hahah 

There are these websites of unsigned bands and I've been trying to find something but there is nothing that I haven't heard before. And there are sooo many bands making drama tv series soundtrack. Like Snow Patrol and The Fray. It is ok ONE Snow Patrol and ONE The Fray, but that's enough... I think. And girls make songs for "Gossip Girls", "Pretty Little Liars", I don't watch those serie but just by the cover I see on the DVD box I guess it is about horny rich girls, which is pretty funny!

Haha, I didn't give much attention to The Killers at the beginning, I thought they would be those one hit wonder bands, but I love them now. People say that Brandon's lyrics are non sense, I would agree if they were talking only about "Hot Fuss" songs, but people say Lady Dada is a genious. 

However, I have to confess I'm going through some bad days so maybe I'm draining all my frustrations on music, hahah.

Interesting opinion!

I believe the era of mega rock bands is over and that the further we progress into the future, the smaller musical acts will become. It seems people are simply too concerned with their individuality rather than artistic value these days. People have nothing else to do! We're by far the most entitled generation of the last couple centuries it seems. 

P.S. I'm also 21. 
Yeah, it is sad that bands like Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Smiths.... they only happen once. But I believe that there will have some real genious out there, but I'm quite sure it is not Adele, Lady Dada or Coldplay... MGMT could bring some new crazy tunes again. =P

I do love other music too and listen to loads of other bands old and new.... Current favourites Muse, Doves, Friendly fires, Editors, laura Marling, Bon Hiver and Kasabian and loads of others. I also love Leonard Cohen, Smiths, Cure, and Joni Mitchell, pure poerty all of them... Too many favourites to list.

But U2 have been with me since seeing/ hearing Fire many years ago and we have been through so much together and there is nothing else that quite reaches out so much as they do. If they split up we still have a huge catalogue of music that will last forever.

It's like with Led Zepplin, my first obsession, they split years ago, but I still love them and listen to them and the music is still brilliant. It will be the same with U2

Led Zeppelin? It might be a bit complicated to fall in love for new bands...

What I love about Joni Mitchell and Bob Dylan is that most of the time they would come only with their voice and an acoustic guitar and even so you'd never get bored or distracted. 

• Subscriber

[quote name='fluttergirl89 wrote:

TheSunAndTheMoon']Interesting opinion!

I believe the era of mega rock bands is over and that the further we progress into the future, the smaller musical acts will become. It seems people are simply too concerned with their individuality rather than artistic value these days. People have nothing else to do! We're by far the most entitled generation of the last couple centuries it seems. 

P.S. I'm also 21. 

Yeah, it is sad that bands like Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Smiths.... they only happen once. But I believe that there will have some real genious out there, but I'm quite sure it is not Adele, Lady Dada or Coldplay... MGMT could bring some new crazy tunes again. =PCheck out Airborne Toxic Event too. The lyricist was an essayist. They have super talented musicians and their songs are terrific. They can definitely stand up to Coldplay and even Muse. They are going to break HUGE very soon! Can't believe it hasn't happened yet. Wish I could seem them in Baltimore tonight!  http://www.youtube.com/wa...&lf=plpp_video 

Aha! I've been checking this band out today. Look what shirt the lead singer is wearing in this vid! http://www.youtube.com/wa...mp;feature=related 
 NOW I know why I like them so much! tongue.gif 

Does anyone else think Foster the People kind of sounds like MGMT?

Personally I think U2 have one more album to make or break them and from then on they will just be a touring band or end up doing gigs in Las Vegas forever more. Remember that U2 signed that massive deal with Live Nation for 300 odd million dollars over 12 years so there is no way they are going to split up.

Personally I think U2 have one more album to make or break them and from then on they will just be a touring band or end up doing gigs in Las Vegas forever more. Remember that U2 signed that massive deal with Live Nation for 300 odd million dollars over 12 years so there is no way they are going to split up.
WOW! 300 million dollars? It is a damn good reason to not split up.
  • Subscriber

[quote name='fluttergirl89 wrote:

jrtm']Personally I think U2 have one more album to make or break them and from then on they will just be a touring band or end up doing gigs in Las Vegas forever more. Remember that U2 signed that massive deal with Live Nation for 300 odd million dollars over 12 years so there is no way they are going to split up.

WOW! 300 million dollars? It is a damn good reason to not split up.

How's that $300 million parsed out? Holy chicken as my 15 yo likes to say! WHY was anyone ? what the band was going to do about more records! Wowsa!!