The Zoo is Dead? I challenge you!

Redhead11

• Subscriber

Hi Zooies! smile.gifAnyway, I'll get to the point.

We all know the zoo isn't as 'hopping' as it once was. There are many reasons for this; We all know why. No need to go on another rant-fest. That isn't the reason as to why I am posting this. 

Have you ever noticed that there are a lot of people on other fan sites that are all like "The Zoo is dead. Too many cliques, no conversation about the band. There is no unity on that site. Don't go there." This makes me mad. Hurt, even. What can I say, I love the Zoo. Sure there may be less U2 action from the band, there is tons of tech-y problems, and things don't always go right. I acknowledge that. But. There is one thing that bothers me. 

If I had listened to all those nay-sayers, I would have never had the experiences I have since joining. There are some great things about this little Zoo that I personally love: 
1. Community. Hello? Don't you have so many more friends after getting the courage to make that one message board post or that one blog post? Hell, I mean, we're all still friends even after the old zoo! I love that even though we are all from different places, most are willing to help you out and get closer to the band. 
2. Moncton. Remember? When the whole Zoo united on here and twitter and faxed a large sum of faxes to PM? That was pretty magical, I say. Sure, we didn't get a response. But we united together!
3.  Glastonbury: I didn't say the word "proxy" for like a month after that day. But tons of Zooies helped me out and without you guys I couldn't have experienced the show with you guys!!
4. Christmas Card Exchange: Cards from all over the world? happy.gif
5. Contests!- I still got my U2 pins!happy.gif

Those are just 5 things I love about the Zoo. Sure, some Zootops prefer the blogs. Some post pics. Some have 40,000 posts in the message board (mangoes anyone? wink.gif). 

Here is my challenge to all us Zootops: This fan site is what you make of it. We have proved it can be fantastic and full of memories. The next time you hear someone bashing this zoo, stand up for the good things. Sure, there are problems. But hey, it can only go up from here!happy.gifwink.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

good post, redhead. now, i'm not on any other sites, so i don hear alot of zoo-bashing but if i was i would defend this place! like i do over here, cause even on these boards people talk down to it. which they're entitled too, ofcourse, just like i'm entitled to disagree and make my opinion clear.

and everytime i take my RED-starbucks-coffeetumbler with me when on nightshift, i think bout this place and its lovely people, bout spicy and her great contests and bout how much fun i had pimping my profile.and how happy i was that day when my prize arrived! i've had many of those moments, when i received cards and presents from zoofriends. dvd's from agt and elaine, cd's from agt and zhivvy. a calendar from zhiv (with all her hot concert-pics!!) ... 
and like you i got great online-help when i had puter-problems. problems working out this thing's behavior (cause up till my first steps on these forums i had no experience at all. this is the place where i got my fire-baptisme). so how could i ever ignore it? or bash it??

Hi Zooies! smile.gifAnyway, I'll get to the point.
We all know the zoo isn't as 'hopping' as it once was. There are many reasons for this; We all know why. No need to go on another rant-fest. That isn't the reason as to why I am posting this. 

Have you ever noticed that there are a lot of people on other fan sites that are all like "The Zoo is dead. Too many cliques, no conversation about the band. There is no unity on that site. Don't go there." This makes me mad. Hurt, even. What can I say, I love the Zoo. Sure there may be less U2 action from the band, there is tons of tech-y problems, and things don't always go right. I acknowledge that. But. There is one thing that bothers me. 

If I had listened to all those nay-sayers, I would have never had the experiences I have since joining. There are some great things about this little Zoo that I personally love: 
1. Community. Hello? Don't you have so many more friends after getting the courage to make that one message board post or that one blog post? Hell, I mean, we're all still friends even after the old zoo! I love that even though we are all from different places, most are willing to help you out and get closer to the band. 
2. Moncton. Remember? When the whole Zoo united on here and twitter and faxed a large sum of faxes to PM? That was pretty magical, I say. Sure, we didn't get a response. But we united together!
3.  Glastonbury: I didn't say the word "proxy" for like a month after that day. But tons of Zooies helped me out and without you guys I couldn't have experienced the show with you guys!!
4. Christmas Card Exchange: Cards from all over the world? happy.gif
5. Contests!- I still got my U2 pins!happy.gif

Those are just 5 things I love about the Zoo. Sure, some Zootops prefer the blogs. Some post pics. Some have 40,000 posts in the message board (mangoes anyone? wink.gif). 

Here is my challenge to all us Zootops: This fan site is what you make of it. We have proved it can be fantastic and full of memories. The next time you hear someone bashing this zoo, stand up for the good things. Sure, there are problems. But hey, it can only go up from here!happy.gifwink.gif
really good points redhead, and thanks for writing this about the zoo...

Ive read on another site that this site is full of trolls and a ton of techie problems, so people stay away...

However, there are some sweet and beautiful things that happen on this site, that Ive not seen on any other.

getting help to watch glasto--where else would people go so far out of their way to help us from all over the world?

remember how we all watched the sky down together? that was pretty cool.

thanks for trying to stay positive.

Im glad you've still got the buttons, LOL!

good post, redhead. now, i'm not on any other sites, so i don hear alot of zoo-bashing but if i was i would defend this place! like i do over here, cause even on these boards people talk down to it. which they're entitled too, ofcourse, just like i'm entitled to disagree and make my opinion clear.
and everytime i take my RED-starbucks-coffeetumbler with me when on nightshift, i think bout this place and its lovely people, bout spicy and her great contests and bout how much fun i had pimping my profile.and how happy i was that day when my prize arrived! i've had many of those moments, when i received cards and presents from zoofriends. dvd's from agt and elaine, cd's from agt and zhivvy. a calendar from zhiv (with all her hot concert-pics!!) ... 
and like you i got great online-help when i had puter-problems. problems working out this thing's behavior (cause up till my first steps on these forums i had no experience at all. this is the place where i got my fire-baptisme). so how could i ever ignore it? or bash it??
oh wow, you take the tumbler to work? aww, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it.

And it was really fun to see people pimping their profile!!

And yes, I've seen people try and help others with their computer problems, including giving lessons on how to post photos....

that is so cool.

and the christmas cards from all over the world....how many times were we all speechless at all of the love poured into those cards?

nice thoughts and love here...

Many thanks for your thoughts Redhead, I find sometimes so much going on here and feel bad when I have missed threads or running out of time to put down all I wish to say. But I try the best I can! I love being here, I love the people here and was very upset for the time my laptop was sent away for repair.. Just becauuse there are no shows at the mo... ( yes I loved that time!) Doesn't stop me coming here we have the love of U2  and the common fact we share the love for them, their music and the people we have got to know being here...And at Christmas time being able to send love and good wishes. Also for me ( and you may think I'm very silly) ..... wishing each one of you A Happy Birthday on your special day...... I love You All. xxxxx <3

smile.gif

• Subscriber

same old same old...........

the zoo died after the vertigo tour really, since then, its like meh!

only come out when they say i have tickets.......or questions about AB reisssue.......

even the live threads had more zootops in there once in a while.

no one really wants to talk about u2 anymore as they are pretty boring these days i guess to other fans.

THE ZOO IS DEAD! RIP..........

• Subscriber

only come out when they say i have tickets.......or questions about AB reisssue.......

no one really wants to talk about u2 anymore as they are pretty boring these days i guess to other fans.

spot on Mac. wink.gif

• Subscriber

spot on Mac. wink.gif