The Zoo is Dead? I challenge you!

Redhead11

This is a joke!!
It isn't a Joke, it is my opinion. The boys are simply slowing down and don't play with as much energy nor do they make music that has excitement to it. They are making music of 50 year olds and honestly who would expect anything less as they are in their 50's. I am 33 and enjoyed U2 up until NLOTH which is just a slow and very drab album.

The 360 degree concerts started so drearily with space oditty and a series of slow arsed songs that it just didn't capture the imagination. U2 were saved by the light show of their stage this tour, I am a U2 fan but I can also be objective with them too.

Bono said himself that to survive U2 have to capture the small speakers again and he is spot on, it is just weather or not they have the energy to do so as I believe they have already conquered that scene however as they say "It's easy to get to the top, but harder to stay there" 
Bono also has said he doesn't want to ever end up like the Beatles with their heads up their arses, I think the band is half way there at the moment. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='jrtm wrote:

123love']This is a joke!!

It isn't a Joke, it is my opinion. The boys are simply slowing down and don't play with as much energy nor do they make music that has excitement to it. They are making music of 50 year olds and honestly who would expect anything less as they are in their 50's. I am 33 and enjoyed U2 up until NLOTH which is just a slow and very drab album.

The 360 degree concerts started so drearily with space oditty and a series of slow arsed songs that it just didn't capture the imagination. U2 were saved by the light show of their stage this tour, I am a U2 fan but I can also be objective with them too.

Bono said himself that to survive U2 have to capture the small speakers again and he is spot on, it is just weather or not they have the energy to do so as I believe they have already conquered that scene however as they say "It's easy to get to the top, but harder to stay there" 
Bono also has said he doesn't want to ever end up like the Beatles with their heads up their arses, I think the band is half way there at the moment. 
it's just different energy. 

did you see Muse at Glastonbury??? Those guys were wired, that was pure energy!

U2's sound is more subtle, with all that experimental stuff The Edge is doing, and then Bono gets into the sound.

you have to find your own groove.happy.gif

eek.gif sounds uncomfortable laugh.gif

• Subscriber

u2 anno 2011 = 50 year-olds, we all know it, just face it. these guys are no young guns anymore. and their music has evolved and grown up. and no, bono don jump around stage anymore nor does he climb the scaffolding. but thats okay. the songs have words and meanings. and most of the songs still rock. i'm okay with this, i've grown up a little myself toowink.gif

i prefer them to perform like this, rather then taking pills or whatever and be all pumped up and overactive çers.