Views on Modesty

xtraspicy62

On a lighter note, It seems easier to wear a headscarf everyday, as it would relieve me of the burden of the curling iron, curlers, hairspray, jells and what not...every day is a bad hair day it seems, and it would be nice to only concern myself with a beautiful scarf and be done with it...wink.gif

Can you imagine the relief and time saved by not having to worry or bother with the daily beauty ritual in the morning?

Not to mention the money saved?

How bout we were loved for who we were and cherished just for that, and not whether or not we were "Hot or not"?

Modesty is not so bad.

Frankly, I could do without the unwanted stares or sexual comments if I even dare to wear a pair of shorts in the summer....geez!grin.gif

Its a personal choice.

Whats your take on modesty?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

when my love's mom was younger and working at the airport she used to just wear a wig to work, spicy. my love told me how she had 3 or 4 different ones, curly, straight, longer, shorter. she had very short hair and could just put on wig and leave for work. no work at all!

would not be an option for me, i cant stand wearing something on my head, i have beautiful hats (like my 360°hat!) but most of the time i take them off and put back in drawer, cause it itches and is too warm.
so i cant cover up my badhair-day with scarf or wig. i'm dommed to spend time in front of mirror and try to make something of it. cause too vain....

• Community Moderator

Modesty, in my opinion, has mostly been abandoned in the world. I'm sure people would laugh at my views, but when it comes to modesty, I'm kinda old school. For instance, I hate walking past a Victoria's Secret in the mall. I hate the posters they put in the windows. Firstly, I don't want to see them b/c my body doesn't look like that, don't think it ever has. I don't want my husband to see them b/c well....it's not me. And I don't want my daughter to see them, because I don't want her to think that is what her body is supposed to look like. Which brings me to another issue. I find it disturbing that it is hard for me to find appropriate clothes for my daughter. There are too many clothes out there that want to make a 9 year old look like a hootchie mama. Ok I'll stop there.

sorry....you asked. :P

Modesty can be good at certain times such as, work, church or safety reasons.  I should know a good friend of mine who was the assistant manager of the Halloween store I worked at in October of 1997.  The buses had stopped for the evening on October 31st 1997 so she gave me a ride home because it's not really safe for a young woman who was still in her Halloween costume (I was a french maid) to be walking home along.

• Subscriber

I'm moving into hat season. I wear hat's often. I work with the public, and I certainly have days where I want to be low key.

The wig idea is great ! I may try it !

I have my lazy days, but I find my routine comforting and refreshing. I stay natural,but i like all that health & beauty stuff. It's fun for me. I'm pretty modest, tho.

I used to sometimes be pretty outrageous!embarassed.gif  When i was younger, I can't believe what I used to wear!

I'll confess,I like fashion. I would definately buy Edun and Nude if  I had the means.

I certainly admire people who dress over the top, like Lady Gaga !   happy.gif  I could dress like that at work, as long as i wore close toed shoes..  laugh.gif

at night or in a strange place.. definately modest

• Subscriber

Modesty has its place in public, the rest is left between you and your spouse.

In my youth I wore all sorts of things, I was a size 8 in everything, very petite weighed 45 kilo's and is still just and only just over 5 ft, I was like a little squaw, but I feel now it was plain adolesense, now I dress modest but I love singlets, and hats too, but no cleavage showing anymore, and no short skirts and no skin tight tight clothing in which you can see everything. Although I admit I had good taste in clothing, it was just not modest, and im glad I changed, im worth more than just meat :o)

On a lighter note, It seems easier to wear a headscarf everyday, as it would relieve me of the burden of the curling iron, curlers, hairspray, jells and what not...every day is a bad hair day it seems, and it would be nice to only concern myself with a beautiful scarf and be done with it...wink.gif

Can you imagine the relief and time saved by not having to worry or bother with the daily beauty ritual in the morning?

Not to mention the money saved?

How bout we were loved for who we were and cherished just for that, and not whether or not we were "Hot or not"?

Modesty is not so bad.

Frankly, I could do without the unwanted stares or sexual comments if I even dare to wear a pair of shorts in the summer....geez!grin.gif

Its a personal choice.

Whats your take on modesty?

I would be that percentage that doesn't doctor myself up to go out in public.  I quit using makeup over 10 years ago.  I wash my hair and let it air dry and go.  For me it is not a glamour party...it's about being myself and being comfortable in my skin and knowing that God loves me for who I am.  God created me without all of these things that others feel they can't leave the house unless they have make-up on or their hair perfect and immaculate after spending an hour or two on it.  Clothing I am pretty modest I would say.  I think the tightest shirt I have would be my baby doll 360 Future Needs A Big Kiss shirt.  I guess it is each to their own...I try my best not to judge.  I just hope that the way some of the young girls are dressed now a days doesn't get them into trouble with the opposite sex and give them the wrong impression. So there is my two cents :)