Views on Modesty

xtraspicy62

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Evening all....

I am one of 8 ! I have no idea how my mum and dad kept it going. It was hell at times, being poor etc. But I wouldn't change it If I had the chance again . To be able to bring up that little army is admirable, well done to you and your hubby and the kids of course !

• Subscriber

i have found it challenging shopping for my daughter as she grew up....  and i see the little girls out there, and it seems to be getting worse....  we just used the approach of talking, talking, talking....about what differnent styles and choices you make say about you to the people around you.  she went thro some experimental stages, where we let her stretch the boundaries within limits, and everything eventually turned out OK.... she's a lovely young lady with a real sense of style and dignity, who knows how to look beautiful in a very classy way.....

and hats off to you mdmomof 7!   we found having 2 challenging!  

oh my goodness!

there could be a whole thread just on kids and family, etc...

@hestia...know any good youtube videos on how how to wear a stylish hat?

@babs...tried on a wig, but it wouldnt stay i place when a strong wind blew outside the store, so I was way too nervous to buy it...

@everyone....Im sure you are teaching your children about dignity and self respect....perhaps I watch to much news and only hear the bad stuff...

so it only seems like its a big problem....

but then again, I have indeed seen a lot of young girls walking around and decked out in what is truly a scary lack of clothing

or so skin tight and hooched up....

then again, why should i worry, bc its not my buisness, right?

its just free expression, right?

• Subscriber

Well, we did a quick bit of unplanned shopping today. Popped into Forever 21 and I nearly jumped for joy! I wanted to take a pic too, but dd wouldn't let me. I'll go back tomorrow after church w/o her to take my pic! lol!! ON the wall, under a vest, but open to see, were the boys in a Joshua Tree pic on a tshirt! Wahoo! I looked and looked online, but their website only shows Pink Floyd, Nirvana and the Beatles. I did see a lovely Grace Kelly shirt though. Just had to tell you all that! ;-)

Oh, and its really only the Forever 21 dresses that are very body hugging that I needed to go up to a Large for her. The Medium tops fit fine. lol! 

Another oh, and since I already bunny trailed off the modesty topic, SO SORRY OP, I should also say that we were talking about U2 Christmas gifts over on @u2.com. I put together a set of 4 coffee mug U2 album covers, all I could find from ebay. BUT...today in Best Buy, there were two of them for $7.99 each - War and The Joshua Tree! Just in case you want to get some U2 Christmas presents.

Okay, back to the topic at hand.

Again, apologies to the OP. :)

• Subscriber

Well, we did a quick bit of unplanned shopping today. Popped into Forever 21 and I nearly jumped for joy! I wanted to take a pic too, but dd wouldn't let me. I'll go back tomorrow after church w/o her to take my pic! lol!! ON the wall, under a vest, but open to see, were the boys in a Joshua Tree pic on a tshirt! Wahoo! I looked and looked online, but their website only shows Pink Floyd, Nirvana and the Beatles. I did see a lovely Grace Kelly shirt though. Just had to tell you all that! ;-)

Oh, and its really only the Forever 21 dresses that are very body hugging that I needed to go up to a Large for her. The Medium tops fit fine. lol! 

Another oh, and since I already bunny trailed off the modesty topic, SO SORRY OP, I should also say that we were talking about U2 Christmas gifts over on @u2.com. I put together a set of 4 coffee mug U2 album covers, all I could find from ebay. BUT...today in Best Buy, there were two of them for $7.99 each - War and The Joshua Tree! Just in case you want to get some U2 Christmas presents.

Okay, back to the topic at hand.

Again, apologies to the OP. :)

I wore my Joshua Tree T ,black with gold tree, until it fell apart. I even wore it after it fell apart ! happy.gif

• Subscriber

when my love's mom was younger and working at the airport she used to just wear a wig to work, spicy. my love told me how she had 3 or 4 different ones, curly, straight, longer, shorter. she had very short hair and could just put on wig and leave for work. no work at all!
would not be an option for me, i cant stand wearing something on my head, i have beautiful hats (like my 360°hat!) but most of the time i take them off and put back in drawer, cause it itches and is too warm.
so i cant cover up my badhair-day with scarf or wig. i'm dommed to spend time in front of mirror and try to make something of it. cause too vain....
Yeah, me too.  I probably spend about an hour and a half each day getting ready for the day. Wish I could shorten that time though and I don't do hats or scarfs. Although once in a while, if I'm going to be home. I'll try to not fuss so much with the hair or wear any make up.

• Subscriber

In general, i think if kids can be raised to feel secure and loved, they make good choices. 

That sounds easy !ha!roll.gif

well worth it if you can !

Now that I'm old and wise i can say that!

I'm happy to say I have no problem with my teenage daughter. She's very cool and classy and confident. Much cooler than I was at that age.

• Subscriber

I think it's about dressing age appropriately, people find thier own style. Professional help can be useful,for feedback.

Kids should be allowed to be kids. Young adults,late teens thru..... having fun with fashion, going all out, trying different stuff,

i went thru punk, goth, super hippy' After 35, I refined my look a bit, I don't want to be baby jane or grey garden look.

i'm small, I like Edun stlye, with yoga pants, flat comfortable shoes, although i have to be careful of going overboard with elf look, green tunic, black belt, leggins.  Vanity !happy.gif

of course there is culturally appropriate, too. some women wear burka, sari, and other headcoverings. 

Sometimes I wear a scarf  for practice.happy.gif