U2 IRRELEVANCE

Managuabulets

• Subscriber

I was just reading the Q Magazine Special Issue about U2. With the Achtunb Baby Covered. I was also reading reviews about Glastonbury.

All I have to say is: "BONOOOOOO.... Stop talking about irrelevance and make good music for the sake of it. Since the ALL THAT... you always talk about this being the best album, and best music you have ever made.

As you said about the Peacock: "STOP THE BULL.... and show me your willie"

(this is my opinion) By the way, your most artistically creative period was between ACHTUNG BABY and POP..." At the time you could say and whatever you wanted to and It sounded COOL... WHAT HAPPENED... I hope you guys find what you are looking for. I wish that could be another good album, but please do not sell it as the best thing you have ever done.

• Subscriber

With the Glastonbury issue....

I think the reason why they got slagged off is because of the way the setlist started. The AB setlist didnt work out for the casual fan.

It wasn't until half an hour into the set the crowd got pumped up for Streets/I Will Follow....

The casual fan doesn't care for The Fly and Until the end of the world...

It's easy for us to defend u2, but easy to jump on their backs too.

Also Bono said he had the wrong shoes on (so he says), and i think Larry didnt enjoy the experiance.

After the gig at the aftershow Glasto party, Bono and Edge were no where to be seen leaving Ali to be the host. App Bono and Edge were watching the performance of Glasto and what they were watching, they were not very happy with it....

• Subscriber

With the Glastonbury issue....

I think the reason why they got slagged off is because of the way the setlist started. The AB setlist didnt work out for the casual fan.

It wasn't until half an hour into the set the crowd got pumped up for Streets/I Will Follow....

Also Bono said he had the wrong shoes on (so he says), and i think Larry didnt enjoy the experiance.

After the gig at the aftershow Glasto party, Bono and Edge were no where to be seen leaving Ali to be the host. App Bono and Edge were watching the performance of Glasto and what they were watching, they were not very happy with it....

Agree, that U2 was too harsh on themselves. So they did the wrong set list, in their opinion. So people say Coldplay had a good live set - which they are NOT known for, at least by me. Having watched GB, I would not have given it near the harsh review the band gave themselves. Ali had to host the party? Geesh! Couldn't they have watched the vid LATER??!! Bono and Edge need to stop being so perfectionistic. I like it when they display more joie de vivre. However, it's this perfectionism that has given us 30+ years of a slice of Heaven. Let's hope their older age doesn't make them even more brooding. Boys - Go for it! Let the creativity out. Get in the studio and bang it around and give us the auditory bliss and emotional connection we crave!! 

• Subscriber

[quote name='mdmomof7 wrote:

MacFoley']With the Glastonbury issue....

Agree, that U2 was too harsh on themselves. So they did the wrong set list, in their opinion. So people say Coldplay had a good live set - which they are NOT known for, at least by me. Having watched GB, I would not have given it near the harsh review the band gave themselves. Ali had to host the party? Geesh! Couldn't they have watched the vid LATER??!! Bono and Edge need to stop being so perfectionistic. I like it when they display more joie de vivre. However, it's this perfectionism that has given us 30+ years of a slice of Heaven. Let's hope their older age doesn't make them even more brooding. Boys - Go for it! Let the creativity out. Get in the studio and bang it around and give us the auditory bliss and emotional connection we crave!! 

Maybe they need to do another festival at some point, just to get used to the feel of it, and to get used to playing when it's soaking wet. Perhaps Reading or Isle Of Wight.

• Subscriber

I thought Glastonbury was INCREDIBLE! They sounded amazing! Not to mention that "The Fly" was probably the best performance ever of that song! I hate hearing talk about them breaking up and Bono talking about Irrelevance. It really makes me sad, and i'm sorry but Coldplay will never be as great as U2. To be honest I hate Coldplay because people say they're better than U2 or because people say they're as good as U2. NO THEY'RE NOT! Just my opinion though, don't hate on me.

I thought Glastonbury was INCREDIBLE! They sounded amazing! Not to mention that "The Fly" was probably the best performance ever of that song! I hate hearing talk about them breaking up and Bono talking about Irrelevance. It really makes me sad, and i'm sorry but Coldplay will never be as great as U2. To be honest I hate Coldplay because people say they're better than U2 or because people say they're as good as U2. NO THEY'RE NOT! Just my opinion though, don't hate on me.

Yes Coldplay won't be as good as U2 due to the fact is that now their songs are just blending together sounding all the same, less emotion too, they could have done something great with Mylo Xyloto. It was supposed to be their Achtung Baby but it failed to live up to expectation.