Win A Trabbie Contest

U2LAWoman

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

nice ones bigbunny and shannon....is there a place where we can all see the entries?

Im not entering....just having fun with you guys and trying to inspire and cheer you on....

it would be nice to see what others are submitting...

You aren't able to view it on the website yet. Viewing will open, officially, when when voting opens next week. But... there is a secret backdoor to view the entries now. pimp.gif My secret entry is to click on my link, but in other people's cases just click on anyone's link, to the entry page while on a mobile smartphone with decent internet access. You will be taken to the mobile site for Talenthouse. At the bottom of any one of each entrant's pages you will see three boxes. The last two are Recent, and Highest Voted. Click on either one to be taken to view the other people entered in the contest. There's quite a wide variety of entries. Some really nice photography and artwork too. 

For those of you not entering, you can show your support & vote for the entries you like on the site via your Facebook. You can vote for more than one... wink.gif Although I have no idea if there is a limit to that. I believe it varies per contest. Not entirely sure. There are Facebook support links on each entrant's page. Just click on that while you are logged onto your Facebook.

Me, I'd be happy just to be one of the finalists. The SLR camera and the idea of being a finalist for something like this are what caught my eye. I'm honestly not sure what I'd do with a Trabant. It would be awesome to have definitely. But I randomly thought about it this morning while eating breakfast. If by some miracle I did win it, I'd see about putting it on loan to a couple different museums near me in exchange for free entry to their museum when ever I wanted. I think it's one of those things people would get a kick out of seeing for the U2, Achtung Baby, Anton Corbijn connection . I know I would. 

• Subscriber

nice ones bigbunny and shannon....is there a place where we can all see the entries?

Im not entering....just having fun with you guys and trying to inspire and cheer you on....

it would be nice to see what others are submitting...

You aren't able to view it on the website yet. Viewing will open, officially, when when voting opens next week. But... there is a secret backdoor to view the entries now. pimp.gif My secret entry is to click on my link, but in other people's cases just click on anyone's link, to the entry page while on a mobile smartphone with decent internet access. You will be taken to the mobile site for Talenthouse. At the bottom of any one of each entrant's pages you will see three boxes. The last two are Recent, and Highest Voted. Click on either one to be taken to view the other people entered in the contest. There's quite a wide variety of entries. Some really nice photography and artwork too. 

For those of you not entering, you can show your support & vote for the entries you like on the site via your Facebook. You can vote for more than one... wink.gif Although I have no idea if there is a limit to that. I believe it varies per contest. Not entirely sure. There are Facebook support links on each entrant's page. Just click on that while you are logged onto your Facebook.

Me, I'd be happy just to be one of the finalists. The SLR camera and the idea of being a finalist for something like this are what caught my eye. I'm honestly not sure what I'd do with a Trabant. It would be awesome to have definitely. But I randomly thought about it this morning while eating breakfast. If by some miracle I did win it, I'd see about putting it on loan to a couple different museums near me in exchange for free entry to their museum when ever I wanted. I think it's one of those things people would get a kick out of seeing for the U2, Achtung Baby, Anton Corbijn connection . I know I would. 

[quote name='Shannon387 wrote:

xtraspicy62']

how cool is this? besides the U2 contest, there is a whole world of other contests and possible hire opportunities for artists!

you can be commissioned to create something?

a ton of other talent contests as well--in film, music, fashion, art/design and photography!

Yes, I saw that. The one for the secret 7 contest for Florence & the machine sounds like a really great & fun opportunity too. I only wish I had heard about it sooner and could have entered that one also. 

I had no idea about all those contests. I think it's great that they do that. I can tell you, personally speaking, as one who is aspiring to be in the industry, having the opportunity to design something for people like U2, Florence and the machine, The Cure and etc is a thrill, and even placing in the contest at any level would be fantastic. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on future design contests on there. 
shannon, U2LAWoman, and others,  I really hope you as well as other member artists on u2.com get into some of those contests and get some commissions on projects and/or win some awards...

this is a fantastic opportunity for you and others....

Non artists can also ask people on talenthouse to collaborate together on a group project for them as well......

If we were to let our imaginations run wild, what kind of group project would U2.com members collaborate on?

In Woman's World Magazine, November 21, 2011...

1) Sell Your Creations at Arts and Crafts Fairs-find upcoming ones near you by visiting 

a) FestivalNet.com. 
B) CraftLister.com  
c) CraftsFairOnline.com

This way, you can get instant feedback about your artwork from customers and see which pieces people respond to the most

In Woman's World Magazine, November 21, 2011.

2) Open an online shop!
You can have your own virtual storefront at Etsy.com, an online market place that attracts millions of art lovers!

Even better, it costs a fraction of the price of using eBay-just 20cents to list each item for four months plus 3.5% of each sold item's purchase price!