Win A Trabbie Contest

U2LAWoman

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
is it possible to vote for all of you?
that's just it. if you can vote for more then 1 person i'd gladly vote for others. but if not then it's every zootope for themselves tongue.gif

edit: i have to people who have entered supporting me and i feel bad cause i dont' want to click support back ohwell.gif i'm assuming it's a 1 person 1 vote system. dang, that bono 'light my way' picture is good!

• Subscriber

LOL! I completely understand where your coming from BB. Believe me. I guess rather than get caught up the voting & popularity aspect, I'm trying to keep it fun. I've had a look see around Talenthouse and there is a dark side to it too. People have even resorted to buying votes to win a contest. I've already had one artist do something questionable which could or could not be considered a form of "borrowing" an idea off of my design. So rather than get upset, I decided well, I must be doing something right if another artist is "borrowing" an idea from me. Karma baby, karma...

Yes, you can vote for more than one. There are a few on my supporters list who are also entered in the contest and we've all agreed to support on another but I definitely respect why people don't. No worries.

Oh and thanks BB, that's me...

• Subscriber

LOL! I completely understand where your coming from BB. Believe me. I guess rather than get caught up the voting & popularity aspect, I'm trying to keep it fun. I've had a look see around Talenthouse and there is a dark side to it too. People have even resorted to buying votes to win a contest. I've already had one artist do something questionable which could or could not be considered a form of "borrowing" an idea off of my design. So rather than get upset, I decided well, I must be doing something right if another artist is "borrowing" an idea from me. Karma baby, karma...

Yes, you can vote for more than one. There are a few on my supporters list who are also entered in the contest and we've all agreed to support on another but I definitely respect why people don't. No worries.

• Subscriber

Yes, you can vote for more than one using Facebook, Twitter, or apparently your mobile phone via SMS as your voting tool. Each artist page will have vote options on it which at the moment have support artist links. Their rules didn't indicate a voting limit. I think they leave that up to the people organizing their contests. They just provide the forum, and help regulate and organize it.

• Subscriber

Yes, you can vote for more than one using Facebook, Twitter, or apparently your mobile phone via SMS as your voting tool. Each artist page will have vote options on it which at the moment have support artist links. Their rules didn't indicate a voting limit. I think they leave that up to the people organizing their contests. They just provide the forum, and help regulate and organize it.

" People have even resorted to buying votes to win a contest."

shannon can you post links to where you are seeing people offering to buy peoples votes?

Im sure all of us would like to see this for ourselves....I know I would like to personally see if this is going on or not....

bc i was considering using talenthouse in some way....

can you help?

• Subscriber

Sure. But I assure you, I couldn't make that one up if I tried, and, well, wouldn't. 

You will find loads of references to it in their Help/feedback area. Here's one instance:

Talenthouse's response to it, basically saying they will no longer allow or tolerate it. I can't believe they didn't start out with a policy against it...

I think you and other artists and participants should still use it. I know I'm going to keep my eye out myself. I am just not going to get too caught up in the "People's choice" award part. It's really the only avenue, that I'm aware of, which allows everyday artists, musicians and so on to have the opportunity to work for some really big name artists, musicians, designers, and so on. The key is looking at the details of the contest very carefully. If it looks too open toward selecting "people's choice" candidates, it will be a total waste of your time. Unless your a stellar network and marketing person who can round up 200+ people to vote for you. Then go for it. I've had a look at some other contests and they, for the most part, appear to be aligned in a way that grants a smaller prize to the "people's choice" and the big awards are given to the person(s) selected by the artist, designer, or musician whom are holding the contest. So everyone get's a fair chance at the contest grand prize. The "people's choice" part is the one that is really all about networking and marketing your tail off for votes. They should rename that one to networking award actually. It would be a more appropriate name for it.

But definitely don't not enter or use Talenthouse because of a few a-holes who buy votes. There are a lot of great opportunities on it. Like this one: http://www.talenthouse.com/dj-kid-capri-mixtape-design

On that note, good luck to all entering the contest.